Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male Hiker, Denim & “Mostly Harmless” July 2018 - Vance Rodriguez #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Christopher Micheal Gartner. I can find nothing other than this missing since 06/08/2018 in MO listing. He’s 27 so under the age limit and the nose doesn’t look quite right (additional photos would help) but I see some moles in common and maybe a small facial scar on MH where Christopher has the blemish. He’s # 73 in the list.

Active Missing Persons

Attachments

• 5E763C5A-BE84-4969-9FFE-7A4B19E448AA.png
    5E763C5A-BE84-4969-9FFE-7A4B19E448AA.png
    518.4 KB · Views: 44
  • EBD7DBFB-25BD-4ACC-AED0-C6DC353C86F3.png
    EBD7DBFB-25BD-4ACC-AED0-C6DC353C86F3.png
    518.4 KB · Views: 39
Very long stretch, but something in this mp triggered me to think about Mostly Harmless. Allen is most likely not amongst us anymore. It’s logical that his family thinks that he never would left on his own accord. Since 2012 his case is finally treated as a possible homicide case. But, you just never know, until his body is found.

https://sites.google.com/site/allankenleymatheson/

MP Allan Kenley Matheson

Disappeared from residence on the morning of September 21, 1992 from Wolfville, Nova Scotia, Canada, 20 years old, while attending Acadia University in his first year of a science program.

He was last seen wearing a Helly Hanson nylon mountain jacket, blue denim Levi 509 jeans, a red and black back pack, brown loafers and a purple ball cap (possibly 'Los Angeles Lakers'). His passport, clothes, and toiletries were left behind. There has been no contact with family members or friends and there has been no activity on his bank account.

UNIQUE BACKGROUND

Prior to his disappearance, Allan Kenley Matheson had motorcycled, walked and hitchhiked extensively throughout Canada, the United States, Mexico and Guatemala. Matheson had taken two years off after graduating high school in Port Hawkesbury to drive a motorcycle across the country, plants trees in British Columbia, try to save the rainforests in South America and visit Guatemala and Belize. His sister, who is a school teacher in Arizona, says; My brother, Allan Kenley Matheson, was an adventurer. When he graduated from high school in 1990 he bought a motorcycle and drove it across Canada to Banff, where he worked until the fall.

CHARACTERISTIC HOBBIES

Above ALL, Allan -Kenley- Matheson is a VERY avid READER and is seldom without a book. He is an enthusiastic HIKER and DIRT BIKER. Athletically, Allan Kenley Matheson is a very good swimmer. His favorite sport is NBA BASKETBALL and he is also a hearty MONTREAL CANADIENS hockey fan.

OTHER

While Allan Kenley Matheson has always been called KENLEY, he may be using the names KEN, AL, ALLAN, or using similar sounding names while retaining the same INITIALS. His mother describes her son as, "quiet, very private and he had a great sense of humor."

https://www.thechronicleherald.ca/thenovascotian/117315-the-loss-of-a-son-and-brother-cost-an-entire-family-their-lives/

Comparing the stats

Date Of Birth: May 8, 1972 Would be 46 years in 2018 - MH was between 40-60 years of age. Possibly 45 at least.

Age at Time of Disappearance: 20 years old, missing since September 21, 1992 from Wolfville, Nova Scotia, Canada

Height at Time of Disappearance: ; 5'9" - 5’8”

Weight at Time of Disappearance: ; 150 lbs - not very useful considering the time past 83 lbs

White male – Caucasian male

Green eyes – bleu/gray stated eyes but doesn’t look so in the pictures. More hazel/green

Brown hair – brown hair

Light to fair complexion - N/A suntanned

Slender build - Slender build

Right-handed. - N/A

Wearing a gold hoop earring in his left ear – No scars besides possible indistinct fine linear scar across abdomen. Very fain , no mentioning of an old hole in left ear/it could have closed/not visible anymore.

Tended to almost always wear a baseball cap of some sort – wearing a baseball cap on all the pictures.

upload_2019-8-27_12-51-6.png
upload_2019-8-27_12-51-51.png
upload_2019-8-27_12-53-30.png
upload_2019-8-27_12-52-35.png

It may be a coincidence but the link to the Chronicle Herald is no longer working for me. Pretty sure I opened it yesterday without issue.

As far as similarities, I definitely agree that there is something about the eyes. The only potential issue for me is that MH’s nose/nostrils don’t seem quite as narrow this MP - something that’s probably not that likely to change significantly. I do find it very interesting that this MP had a known habit of using slightly modified aliases for whatever reason.

In either case, just wanted to say I really appreciate that you never give up working leads on this case. I joined websleuths right as this case was breaking and I check it just about every day - specifically hoping for a resolution to Mostly Harmless’ story.

It may be a coincidence but the link to the Chronicle Herald is no longer working for me. Pretty sure I opened it yesterday without issue.

As far as similarities, I definitely agree that there is something about the eyes. The only potential issue for me is that MH’s nose/nostrils don’t seem quite as narrow this MP - something that’s probably not that likely to change significantly. I do find it very interesting that this MP had a known habit of using slightly modified aliases for whatever reason.

In either case, just wanted to say I really appreciate that you never give up working leads on this case. I joined websleuths right as this case was breaking and I check it just about every day - specifically hoping for a resolution to Mostly Harmless’ story.

I likewise can't get the article to open. It seems to have been moved or removed from the website.

I see what posters above mean about the eyes. However, I don't think the nose and eyebrows are similar. But I'm glad @Bit of hope submitted Denim/MH's case to the NS crime stoppers group - it certainly can't hurt.

I am aware that my opinion is not mainstream and I totally understand why some members are dedicated to solving the mystery of who this poor traveler was, however, this was a man who lived an alternative existence. He died, at what appears to be, in a place of his own choosing. He chose the names he wanted others to know/remember him by. You can accuse me of being misguidedly romantic but I think of him still wandering the trails, free and happy, known only to himself.

I came across this missing man named Joshua David Best and something about his face made me think of Bilemy's sketch.
Height and eye color don't match but, it doesn't hurt to give it a try!

Mission 2000-023

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 15.39.15.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 15.39.15.png
    617.6 KB · Views: 134
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 15.41.01.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 15.41.01.png
    602 KB · Views: 173
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 15.46.41.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 15.46.41.png
    749.2 KB · Views: 138
I came across this missing man named Joshua David Best and something about his face made me think of Bilemy's sketch.

Mission 2000-023

One solid identifier of MH (IMO) are his excellent teeth. LE made a point to mention them and it's the reason they were so pronounced in his sketch. For me personally, that rules out this guy immediately.

One solid identifier of MH (IMO) are his excellent teeth. LE made a point to mention them and it's the reason they were so pronounced in his sketch. For me personally, that rules out this guy immediately.

Apparently I missed the part where it says JDB had bad teeth?! I can’t make them out in that photo ( of an old stained photo)... but you’re probably right about his teeth.
JMO

Thanks for your reply.

Mission 2000-023

Besides the teeth, and you are right, the picture is very grainy...I think the placement of the ears (much lower), the darkness of the eyes and the beard growth are different. Thank you so much for going on.

I'm confused. Has there been a development? Or is this a celebration memory of MH?

From the article posted in # 435 by Mojave_red.
"When Baltimore Jack died near Franklin, North Carolina, the news shook the Appalachian Trail community. Jack had left behind the real world to live on the AT, thru-hiking it seven times and helping countless others to reach their goals. To some, his choice to live off the grid was irresponsible. Others celebrated that he'd managed to break the shackles of convention. A look back on the life of an AT antihero"

From the article posted in # 435 by Mojave_red.
"When Baltimore Jack died near Franklin, North Carolina, the news shook the Appalachian Trail community. Jack had left behind the real world to live on the AT, thru-hiking it seven times and helping countless others to reach their goals. To some, his choice to live off the grid was irresponsible. Others celebrated that he'd managed to break the shackles of convention. A look back on the life of an AT antihero"

Ah. By the time I read the entire article I lost sight of the one phrase you guys focused on! :D

(edited to add quote)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member