Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male Hiker, Denim & “Mostly Harmless” July 2018 - Vance Rodriguez #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mostly Harmless had pen and paper yet chose to not write down his name or information about his journey.

He did not want anyone to know who he is in my opinion.

How very sad and lonely for him. RIP
Yeah, it's weird now that I think of it. It seems like most people might want to keep a diary of sorts. Anything from little snippets about what happened during the day to deep thoughts that one can get into during periods of solitude and self-exploration.

Could Ben have been Jewish? Ben is a Hebrew name. Another thing is Bilemy could have been a variation on the Hebrew female first name of Blimie. Maybe his alias Ben Bilemy was a combination of those two Hebrew first names. There are lot of Hebrew women named Blimie living in Brooklyn. Perhaps he knew or was related to one of them. Maybe I am reaching with this theory on the alias.

Could Ben have been Jewish? Ben is a Hebrew name. Another thing is Bilemy could have been a variation on the Hebrew female first name of Blimie. Maybe his alias Ben Bilemy was a combination of those two Hebrew first names. There are lot of Hebrew women named Blimie living in Brooklyn. Perhaps he knew or was related to one of them. Maybe I am reaching with this theory on the alias.

Its not impossible, for sure.

Come to think of it, it was mentioned that in a picture, he only ate the crusts of what looked like a pizza. Maybe he only bit around the crusts because their was pork on the actually pie?

I don't recall reading any situations where he was eating or was not eating a product with pork.

Just ideas for your thoughts.....

Its not impossible, for sure.

Come to think of it, it was mentioned that in a picture, he only ate the crusts of what looked like a pizza. Maybe he only bit around the crusts because their was pork on the actually pie?

I don't recall reading any situations where he was eating or was not eating a product with pork.

Just ideas for your thoughts.....
Yes I noticed that in the pic with the pizza that only the crust around the pizza was eaten. Most people are more interested in the middle of the pizza and would leave the ends, imho! I thought that was strange.

Yes I noticed that in the pic with the pizza that only the crust around the pizza was eaten. Most people are more interested in the middle of the pizza and would leave the ends, imho! I thought that was strange.

It’s less common but there are definitely people who do that. But did he fold the slice in half lengthwise? That’s a “tell” for being from NYC.

The biting around the edges of the pizza is strange. Eating disorder? Food intolerance to cheese? Why not just remove the cheese or order something else? IMO
I know it's mostly a matter of curiosity but I found this unusual as well. I wonder if maybe he didn't have much of an appetite and the crust was the only palatable part. Kind of like just eating crackers when you have an upset stomach.

I know it's mostly a matter of curiosity but I found this unusual as well. I wonder if maybe he didn't have much of an appetite and the crust was the only palatable part. Kind of like just eating crackers when you have an upset stomach.

Earlier a poster proposed the angle of being Jewish. I thought there may have been pork on the pie and he ate at the crust only, if he was Jewish (or any other faith/reason to not eat pork)

This is quite a stretch but the translation in Turkmen of "Bilemy" is "I don't know".

We've talked about that, a it was suggested upthread that Denim/MH may have been in the military & stationed in Turkey/family stationed in Turkey, OR may have been an exchange student or host family for a Turkish exchange student and picked up the expression.

Keep reading, fresh eyes are always good!

JMHO YMMV LRR

We've talked about that, a it was suggested upthread that Denim/MH may have been in the military & stationed in Turkey/family stationed in Turkey, OR may have been an exchange student or host family for a Turkish exchange student and picked up the expression.

Keep reading, fresh eyes are always good!

JMHO YMMV LRR

I've tried to keep up but you guys are too quick (I should have known that this would have already come up).

I did a lot of travelling in my younger days and I can still remember how to say "I don't know" in many foreign languages. It could have been that he'd picked it up travelling.

I just got this from a translating site but according to them, this translation is in Turkmen, the language of Turkmenistan, not Turkish. Any language experts here?

No idea if a similar poisonous plant is in the area, but just read about this recent discovery (years after the fact) concerning the inexplicable death of a young man in NZ, fwiw..
Jason Chase mystery death at Ruahine Ranges in New Zealand solved | Daily Mail Online
11 July 2020
''A fit and healthy shearer died from tree nettle poisoning after he went missing in wild and rugged ranges nearly 20 years ago, according to a forensic pathologist.

Jason Chase, 25, was found dead following an intense search and rescue effort at the Ruahine Ranges, in New Zealand, on January 3, 2003.

His death baffled authorities for nearly two decades as there was no evidence of foul play, serious injury or malnourishment, and the cause was eventually determined to be of 'obscure natural causes'. ''

I've tried to keep up but you guys are too quick (I should have known that this would have already come up).

I did a lot of travelling in my younger days and I can still remember how to say "I don't know" in many foreign languages. It could have been that he'd picked it up travelling.

I just got this from a translating site but according to them, this translation is in Turkmen, the language of Turkmenistan, not Turkish. Any language experts here?

i spent over a year in eastern Turkey (very very few people spoke English)

Out loud, it is spoken like “Bin Buh-lim”

Though, I lived there during the time I learned about “Ben Bilemy” and a the people I met who could speak English (As a second language) seemed like it could “kinda sorta a little kinda” looked like it said “I don’t know” when I showed them the name.

Turkish sentence order is very different from English and German. It is most comparable to Korean language tree structure, or so I have been told.

Fun fact, the beloved leader of Turkey, Mustaf Kemal Attarurk, during the post WW1 and pre WW2 era changed the Turkish alphabet from Arabic style letters to Latin letters like we use in English, German, Spanish etc. This was to break awake the stronghold of other Muslim and Arabic countries. He then give women the right to vote (mind you, this was like 1920s-1930s) as a total middle finger to those countries, and it established major independence for Turkey in a variety of ways.

Mehmed 2 is an awesome story also...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member