Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male Hiker, Denim & “Mostly Harmless” July 2018 - Vance Rodriguez #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That particular sheet looks like he might have been analyzing the flow of game play, or something like that.

Java is what they call an "object oriented" language, so at the design stage you're mostly trying to figure out what the objects are, what they do, and how they fit together. If you do a good job of that, and think it through properly, the code kind of falls into place* when you get that far. The letters and symbols in the circles could represent keyboard keys, as mentioned above, or might be shorthand for the kind of actions he envisioned in the game, or places the players would visit.

*drastically oversimplified.

been told it’s Java. It’s undecipherable to me for the most part but he was clearly building a game or wanted to. Really shocked there’s no personal info in there. Here’s an example.
I don’t mean to pester, but do you have any more pages you’d be willing to share with us? I showed it to a programming friend and he’s very enthusiastically digging into it.
Cheers, and thank you for sharing what you did!

I don't know about writing indentations. Does anyone know if he was ever spotted in Tennessee, North Carolina or the Florida panhandle? I recall one FB comment mention he hitched a ride with "some girls" instead of doing the Alambama Road Walk on the Pinhoti

Also,I hate to say this, but when I have experienced a few dementia patients, who had a focus on money, I'd find pages and pages of meaningless numbers among their things. If this guy was in computer industry, he could've been losing it from delerium and the numbers and letters could be meaningless, but I would still assume their pattern would be somewhat recognizable to someone in that field.

If your friend could see additional pages, I think he could get an even better idea of exactly where our UID was going with this logic chart. I know there's too much for Narkj to share it all here so let's hope Collier Co will share all soon. Again, my thanks to @Narkj for obtaining, perusing and sharing to this point. :)
ETA: I'm curious how the numbers at the bottom of the page figure-in to the chart.
Yes, he found it very interesting. He is almost certain that it was written in a state of mental...disorder? I can’t think of the word. He used schizophrenic and that’s close I guess. Mania! That’s it. He said he knows several people in his class who are the same way. Extremely intelligent when it comes to coding, but very socially awkward, quiet, and “in their own heads” a lot of the time.

That doesn’t really sound like the Denim we’ve seen described by other hikers, which makes me wonder when exactly he started really making notes in this book he had. And how much of this he had.

He could have slowly been deteriorating mentally (for whatever reason) as he progressed through his hike. That would explain a lot in my opinion. Including why he died the way he did. It would have been near impossible to detect a mental illness or psychotic break during an autopsy.

Like several people have said in recent comments combined with what my friend was telling me, I agree that this was more of doodling and brainstorming than anything. May be why the bottom part has an “X” through it? He was trying to come to a certain solution and didn’t get it. Or not on this page anyway. Whatever it is, my friend seemed to recognize the structure of it, although he didn’t go into detail about what every character meant or represented, he knows I’d have no clue what he’s talking about. :p And he might not know either, like Coffee56 said, it could be shorthand that’s somewhat unique to him and his method of coding or calculating.

I’m glad CCSO released the pages to someone! Hopefully they will release it publicly. I think someone would definitely be able to at least explain a little better what we’re looking at. Very interesting stuff, IMO.

As far as we know, Denim starved to death despite having assets to prevent that in his possession. He has note books filled with "code" which would be known to only him. He was Mostly Harmless except to himself, it seems, as he was the author of his own demise. Mental skipping for whatever reason and a sad existence and death, in my opinion only. I'll never forget him whoever he really was.

Also,I hate to say this, but when I have experienced a few dementia patients, who had a focus on money, I'd find pages and pages of meaningless numbers among their things. If this guy was in computer industry, he could've been losing it from delerium and the numbers and letters could be meaningless, but I would still assume their pattern would be somewhat recognizable to someone in that field.

I also think back to the lori ruff case and the stuff found in her lock box, which didn’t help anyone solve anything, and instead sent people (myself included) down deep rabbit holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader