Identified! FL - Big Cypress Natl Preserve, Male Hiker, Denim & “Mostly Harmless” July 2018 - Vance Rodriguez#4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clarify, I believe it's Armando Cruz, not Ruiz. He was with his brother in law. It also says June 1, 2018 and June 2, 2018 in the video. They don't say anywhere on his video that they saw the yellow tent. Where can I see where he says that? Who is the other group on July 3, 2018 or where can I see that? I do remember seeing where they said they left water but can't find it now. Not meaning to be demanding or anything, just hoping to see ;)
It is Cruz, sorry about that. Somebody reached out to him after the video and he said he saw the tent. I don't have the full conversation saved, the conversation itself happened a long time ago.

I just looked loser at his photo where they found him in the tent and I believe I see the watch on his left arm down by his shorts unless that's something sticking out of his pocket. Whether it's his watch or not, it's still more important to find out if he had his wallet when found.
Definitely no watch on his arm when he was found. I don't believe he was found with it at all.

If it truly is the case that someone saw his tent at Nobles Camp on June 1 and someone saw his tent there on July 3 then we know he definitely did not hike the rest of the FT and Eastern Continental Trail to Key West as he said was his goal. It means he probably did stay there the entire time. That's kind of a big one.

Definitely no watch on his arm when he was found. I don't believe he was found with it at all.
Gator, can you please look at the picture with his ribs showing, lying in the tent. They are shining a strong light in and take a look at his left arm which is the one he always wore the watch on. Down by his shorts. That is something on or near his arm.

Last edited:
If it truly is the case that someone saw his tent at Nobles Camp on June 1 and someone saw his tent there on July 3 then we know he definitely did not hike the rest of the FT and Eastern Continental Trail to Key West as he said was his goal. It means he probably did stay there the entire time. That's kind of a big one.
I've been saying this awhile.

Every. Detail. Counts.

In addition to reasons why he may not have eaten the pizza, it also may define a particular strange eating habit that someone may recognize.

The picture also shows multiple people who interacted with him, which may lead to someone recalling key details, perhaps even details about the pizza, eating habits, declining to eat it due to pork (which may indicate religious beliefs). Perhaps the key details could be non pizza related, but could describe things we did not know about him. Conversely, it could be a statement that confirms or denies things we believe to be true (but may be skeptical) about him (the sister for instance, one person may recall him specifically talking about her or specifically talking about being an only child).

Heck, for all we know, MH or a family member of his could have been the owner of a famous pizza shop and that would help if a person recalled it.

Discussing the pizza is more than discussing the pizza. It is jogging ideas and looking at angles that may (or may not) lead to patterns of behavior and/or recollections of the persons he ate the pizza around.

I agree. My husbands son is an extremely picky eater, except when it comes to carbs and sweets. He won’t eat pizza with sauce on it. Or any other toppings. Just cheese. So, yeah... it could jog someone’s memory if this man had any eating habits that someone might consider unusual.

I agree. My husbands son is an extremely picky eater, except when it comes to carbs and sweets. He won’t eat pizza with sauce on it. Or any other toppings. Just cheese. So, yeah... it could jog someone’s memory if this man had any eating habits that someone might consider unusual.

Now that you mention it, my brother used to divide his hamburgers into each section, lay them out on the plate neatly in order, and eat each piece separately. Don’t know if he still does or not.

I am positive if someone witnessed him doing that, they wouldn’t have forgotten the bizarre scene.

Armando saw him.
Correct me if I'm wrong but, you thought there was only one pair of hikers that saw his tent on one date between Apr 13, 2018 and July 23, 2018. I thought there was only one date too. We just established between 3 of us that there were 2 dates with 2 sets of people who saw him June 1-2 and July 3. This information we just absolutely confirmed in discussion above is what proves he couldn't have continued to hike to Key West and back and why he probably stayed there the entire time. The biggest gap between those dates is now 1.5 months, not 2.5 months.

Last edited:
Does anyone know why they think he has ties to New York and Louisiana?
The first time he was encountered was camping near New York, NY and the AT. It was believable with him in jeans and all and he told the hiker he came from there. H e told others he started from there too. He also told some he lived there before starting there. This is what I've gathered and if anyone disagrees please say so we can sort it out. I can flip a coin while you call it. Not sure about Baton Rouge. Possibly the police have not said. It does seem they are withholding some info that could possibly help solve this. They should know the longer this goes on, the less likely to solve it and not having that info further destroys the chances.

Correct me if I'm wrong but, you thought there was only one pair of hikers that saw his tent on one date between Apr 13, 2018 and July 23, 2018. I thought there was only one date too. We just established between 3 of us that there were 2 dates with 2 sets of people who saw him June 1-2 and July 3. This information we just absolutely confirmed in discussion above is what proves he couldn't have continued to hike to Key West and back and why he probably stayed there the entire time. The biggest gap between those dates is now 1.5 months, not 2.5 months.
Armando was there June 1-2. @wardo27 reminded me that there was another group of hikers there on July 3, and they saw the tent as well. Next people to see him were the hikers who discovered his remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay