GUILTY FL - Bonnie Haim, 23, Jacksonville, 6 Jan 1993 *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is a judge who truly cares, IMO.
I agree. I've watched the judge's actions throughout the case, and even his smallest decisions have seemed well-measured and he has always explained his reasoning very clearly. I was so pleased to hear that his sentencing order was 11 pages long! The judge is keenly aware that any deviation from 1993's pathetically low sentencing guidelines will be appealed by the defense. I expect his written explanation for the sentence is just as thorough as his verbal ones in this trial have been, and for that, I am very thankful.

One sentence in this new article says all that need be said about Michael Haim's "character": "After being told his sentence, Haim headed toward the room where inmates wait to be brought back to a cell, not once turning back to see a packed courtroom of his loved ones and those he had deeply hurt."

Also the local paper quoted this from the sentencing order: “The severe emotional trauma Mr. Fraser suffered with the corresponding need to continued therapy, the ongoing depression, the suicidal ideations and the feeling of fear that he has had to endure is the exact type of emotional trauma that justifies an upward departure [from 1993 sentencing guidelines,]” Whittington wrote in his sentencing order.
Judge sentences Michael Haim to life in prison for wife's death (may be behind a paywall but I think it allows a few site views free)

Man is sentenced for murdering his wife 26 years ago in case that his son helped solve | Daily Mail Online

• Michael Haim, 52, was sentenced to life in prison on Tuesday for killing his wife
  • Bonnie Haim disappeared from her Florida home in January 1993; she was 23
  • At three years old, their son Aaron Fraser, indicated that his dad hurt his mother
  • But at the time, Fraser's claim was dismissed by law enforcement and his family
  • In 2014, Fraser discovered his mother's skull while digging in the backyard
  • Haim was arrested in 2015 after remains were found; he was convicted in April
Michael Haim, 52, was convicted last month of second-degree murder. He will live out the rest of his life in prison for the gruesome slaying of his 23-year-old wife Bonnie Haim, who would have turned 50 years old on Monday.

His son, Aaron Fraser, helped implicate him in the murder after he moved back home in 2014 where he and his brother-in-law found the remains of his mother's body.

Fraser was three years old when his mother disappeared.

Based on evidence, a jury convicted MH in less than 3 hours, and a judge sentenced him to life in prison for the aggravating factors.

I'm not sure what part of this the victim's parent's don't understand and/or accept. :eek:

Wishes to the son, family and friends for continued healing.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Backhand
Back