GUILTY FL - Boy in a Box abuse trial - Parents, Timothy & Tracy Ferriter Arrested, Jupiter, Feb 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Additional info from Cathy Russon in a post on X...

TO BE CLEAR: I'm not saying we will show jurors, I don't see any value in that, I think the ruling is so unusual and was curious on opinions. I don't believe any media will go out of their way to film a juror.

The way social media has been for the past few years, if seated on a jury, I wouldn't want to be seen on camera. I mean with a focused camera... if glimpsed and not up-close, it "may" be okay.
Just my opinion atm.

Jury selection in FL v. Timothy Ferriter is underway.

Things to know: - Jury will be 6 people + 2 alternates - Prosecutors added a child neglect charge late last week - State is asking potential jurors "Can we prove our case with only one child witness?"

Though the couple was initially charged together, their cases were severed at Timothy’s request, citing comments his wife made to police when he was not present.

Last updated 5:55 PM, October 2, 2023

As the hearing began, the prosecution said it had no objection to Tim Ferriter’s motion to sever his case from his wife, Tracy. Tim wanted the cases severed, arguing he could not get a fair trial because of lies his wife allegedly made to investigators.

Tracy Ferriter spoke to Child Protective Services and Jupiter Police Department officers about a week before the couple’s arrests. In the motion, the defense points out that Tim was not in the country when Tracy spoke to the authorities and had nothing to do with her inconsistent statements. Tracy told CPS and JPD that the box was not where the child lived but where he was put in “time out” and that he shared a room with another one of their kids. Video evidence showed those statements were not true.

August 31, 2023

Prosecutor Briana Coakley tells jury Tim Ferriter locked his 14 year old adopted son in a small structure alone in the garage, often in the dark, for hours "over and over again."

Coakely says there was a Ring camera in the box-like room that captured hours of the boy locked in - often in the dark- this evidence will likely be compelling - "You'll hear that lock being locked over and over"

Defense begins - Prya Murad tells jury this trial is about the difficulty of parenting. "Bad parenting doesn’t make a person a criminal" She says they will have to decide if Tim Ferriter had criminal intent when he locked son in garage structure

Timothy Ferriter's lawyer tells jury his son was "wired differently" due to being abandoned in Vietnamese orphanage "He brought a screwdriver to school and waved it in another student's face" among other behaviors

Defense opening statement: It's a parent's responsibility to make tough choices to protect their child, their other children and to protect the community. You only need to make on determination, did the defendant have the criminal intent. This isn't about if he made the right choice, he did not. This is about the difficulty of parenting. Bad parenting does not make somebody a criminal.

Prosecution opening: The child didn't have a bedroom in the main house. Instead, there was a structure, a small room that was constructed in the garage. It didn't have any windows. It had a box spring, a mattress, a bucket in the corner and a desk.

REMINDER: #TimothyFerriter turned down a plea offer of 24 months prior to trial.

The 14-year-old was kept in that room. He could not come and go as he pleased. He was locked in from the outside. He couldn't control the lights, light switch was outside the room. "You're going to see him sitting in the dark, in a windowless room, for hours at a time." There was a surveillance camera inside, jurors will see videos.

Early start of trial prior to opening stmts:

Judge denies defense request (sustained state objection). No family video from Tim Ferriter will be played during openings.

Posts made (afternoon) on X:

CHILD TESTIMONY is often heartbreaking. We’re preparing to hear from adopted daughter of the Ferriters. She’ll be questioned in another courtroom w/a camera. Jurors will see her on the screen. She looks nervous, fidgeting with her jacket, smiles a bit at the prosecutor

Daughter testifying now is 17 and very soft-spoken She says she was born in Thailand and adopted at a young age. Her hoodie sleeves are pulled over her hands. Her father moved across the courtroom to be able see the screen displaying her testimony. She cannot see him.

Direct exam of eldest child complete in case against #TimothyFerriter. She testified: - Her brother was punished by parents differently for same offenses - Once worried he wasn’t getting enough food while in the “box” room - She witnessed her father being aggressive w/son.

Children are with child services. Both parents are out on bond pending trials. Timothy Ferriter faces 40 years if found guilty as charged.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back