GUILTY FL - Boy in a Box abuse trial - Parents, Timothy & Tracy Ferriter Arrested, Jupiter, Feb 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
When son of the Ferriters said “people should forgive them,” there was this heavy pause in the courtroom, like the defense attorney either wanted it to sink in or didn’t know what to say. I almost thought she’d say nothing further Jury kept staring at witness, no overt reaction.

Um, is this really the behavior that deserved locking this young man into a garage cell? Is there more to it?

Teenagers are not going to be great playmates for toddlers, sorry to say. I have a million stories like what we’re hearing about today. And this nonsense at school sounds to me like a bright young man who was bored and probably not being taken seriously.

I wonder if what really happened was the parents had this youngest child and instead of rooming those two girls together, which any reasonable person would, then giving the baby a room and the boy a room, they shuffled the “problem” child out of the way. Obviously this turned him into more of a problem.

I tell you what, if someone did that to me I would make SURE to be a problem. I mean, it’s not like he’s coming back into the house-there’s a baby in his room now.

During sidebar, Tim wheels his chair over to Tracy in gallery &shares a long and appearing meaningful look. Right now under cross, their son is being asked about incidents of violence he had against classmates. He's got a slight smile when recalling what he did. Jury is writing

The Florida father accused of locking up his adopted son inside a room he had built in the family’s garage heads to trial this week. Timothy Ferriter faces charges of aggravated child abuse, false imprisonment and neglect of a child, court records show.

According to his arrest affidavit out of Palm Beach County, Jupiter officers were contacted by a contract worker after Ferriter asked him to build an office in his garage in December 2021, but once he completed his work, he thought the entire project “was very strange,” according to the affidavit.

“The room was built as an 8-foot-by-8-foot space in the garage with its own ceiling and door. [The worker] further advised the door had added a bolt lock and knob only on the outside, no knob inside so if someone were inside the office they would not be able to exit until someone opened the door for them from the outside. [The worker] state he was also instructed to build this space with electricity and install a window air conditioning unit as well as a camera in the ceiling.”

Father accused of locking teen in tiny makeshift room and beating him with belt faces trial

Sep 29th, 2023, 11:22 am

If only the contractor from Mackenzie Lueck’s case had contacted LE maybe she would be alive, he was requested to build soundproof room.

The parents actions are deplorable, I’m interested in what a current status report on his behavior from present caretaker might reveal.

Edit: He appears very intelligent by his responses to Defense Cross Examination.

Last edited:
... prosecutor Brianna Coakley described the defendant’s treatment of his son as cruel, malicious and could only exacerbate problems for a child with behavioral issues.

[snipped by me]

Exactly what I think and what many of us probably think, including jurors. I don't think you have to be a psychiatrist to make this connection - and I bet they will, even before any expert testifies.

jmo

Mom/co-defendant Tracey Ferriter in green behind him.
[snipped by me]

I can't believe she's getting the see this whole case laid out. She not only sees the state's case which will likely be very similar, though not identical, but she has all this time to adjust her narrative, tweak her own defense all depending on what her husband's attorneys say about her role; and after hearing all of the testimony of these children, including her victim. That doesn't sit well with me. I wonder if local people who may be in the community from which her jury will be pulled are thinking about this.

jmo

I worked as an inpatient psychiatric nurse for over 30 years, and IMO, these folks had no idea how deep these boys' problems go. We have no idea how old this young man was when he was adopted, and according to this family's experience, some children are so emotionally damaged by the age of 2, the attachment disorder is irreversible without years and years of intensive therapy. This young man is extremely bright, and has learned how to charm, flatter and manipulate to get his needs met, and he will continue this behavior when dealing with people of authority.
Check out this short article...

I worked as an inpatient psychiatric nurse for over 30 years, and IMO, these folks had no idea how deep these boys' problems go. We have no idea how old this young man was when he was adopted, and according to this family's experience, some children are so emotionally damaged by the age of 2, the attachment disorder is irreversible without years and years of intensive therapy. This young man is extremely bright, and has learned how to charm, flatter and manipulate to get his needs met, and he will continue this behavior when dealing with people of authority.
Check out this short article...

I keep encountering issues in attaching an article that I’d be interested in your thoughts, I’m sending this reply to have a sort of bookmark for when I resolve my system problem.

My background is in the legal system, career experience plus B.A. Criminal Justice, which only briefly touched on behavioral issues. I’m trying to better understand facts/details on the limitations/restrictions for ensuring the required effective treatment to individuals with mental disorders associated with enhanced risk of violent behavior.

Thanks in advance for sharing any info you might have-
BTW, I’m familiar with the Federal ruling from several years ago, which addressed situations that violated an individual’s civil rights. That ruling had tremendous influence on long term treatment programs due to the extreme high risk for abuse and neglect.

I keep encountering issues in attaching an article that I’d be interested in your thoughts, I’m sending this reply to have a sort of bookmark for when I resolve my system problem.

My background is in the legal system, career experience plus B.A. Criminal Justice, which only briefly touched on behavioral issues. I’m trying to better understand facts/details on the limitations/restrictions for ensuring the required effective treatment to individuals with mental disorders associated with enhanced risk of violent behavior.

Thanks in advance for sharing any info you might have-
BTW, I’m familiar with the Federal ruling from several years ago, which addressed situations that violated an individual’s civil rights. That ruling had tremendous influence on long term treatment programs due to the extreme high risk for abuse and neglect.
Super, I'll be looking out for it, Dhighsmith.

I find this thread very interesting. Everyone seems to agree that what these parents did to their son is deplorable, and a form of child abuse, and I definitely don't disagree. What I do find intriguing is that if the child was a defendant instead of the victim, lots of us all over WS would be calling for him to be locked up exactly like this, the only real difference being that he would not be locked in the dark.
Obviously I am over simplifying it, but I hope you understand what I mean.

If you don't count the alleged beating, then how is this much different to prison?, which is where many people call for 14 Yr old children to be.

To be clear, I have no time for how these parents treated their son.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back