GUILTY FL - Boy in a Box abuse trial - Parents, Timothy & Tracy Ferriter Arrested, Jupiter, Feb 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am just being nosy, but do the Ferriters still live in that house? Has the box been torn down? Are they still employed? Have any neighbors come out and spoken about them?
Iirc, 12 days after their arrests, they had a demolition co destroy the structure in their Jupiter garage.
The property Sold on 03/31/23

moo

Last edited:
Yet wasn't she one who called police to report the child had run away? I really do not understand these people.
Maybe she didn't have an option but to call? He ran away from school, correct, so the school knew about it and involved her?

She didn't look for him or change her plans.

I have seen it once (that I remember). FL vs. Lewis (2008) but it was after sentencing. At the end of this video she is fingerprinted and DNA sample taken in the courtroom.

I've often seen the fingerprinting in the courtroom, but removing belts, ties or other....that I've never seen.

Saw a lot of entitlement from TF after the verdict read, even though he had a look of shock.
His mannerism was unbelievable (imo) while the sheriffs were attempting to conduct procedures.
moo

Rude awakening incoming on all counts, least of which is his semi-isolation in a box of his own.

jmo

I believe so, and yes, it appears she got the works. lol. moo
Both Tim and Tracy are trim, good looking and classy dressers. It seems they like perfection and that really isn't possible with normal human kids. JMO

I'm thrilled with the verdict!
I think Tim will get around 10 years. (I'd like him to get more though.) Anything less than that would be unacceptable. He ruined a person's life (and the lives of his other children).

Here's the interview with the defense attorney

Grrrr...

Defense will be filing an appeal. That's perfectly acceptable of course. But a couple of the key points will be that the defense wasn't allowed to bring in behavior of the victim before 10 years old because is wasn't 'temporal'. (makes sense to me. How could something from years ago cause you to lock up your son now at a much older age?) And, they want to bring in the victim's behavior subsequent to the arrest.

Well, of course he's messed up now! How can that be the basis of an appeal??

I don't think it ever occurred to him he was going to be remanded on the spot if there was a guilty verdict.
Although in the CTV post-interview with the defense attorney, she said all of her clients are informed about what happens under best case and worst case. Of course his self-righteousness may have made him discount that 'worst case'.

I feel like the judge is disgusted with the defendant. I don’t think he will go easy on him. I expect no less than 10 years. He basically kidnapped and imprisoned his son. Just cause it was his own adopted son doesn’t make it OK. Kidnapping generally carries 25 to life I believe. Let’s say he was doing this to his wife. He lets her out to cook and hangout in the house and then locks her up when he goes to work under the same conditions. There is no way he would get 5 years for something like that. JMO

Grrrr...

Defense will be filing an appeal. That's perfectly acceptable of course. But a couple of the key points will be that the defense wasn't allowed to bring in behavior of the victim before 10 years old because is wasn't 'temporal'. (makes sense to me. How could something from years ago cause you to lock up your son now at a much older age?) And, they want to bring in the victim's behavior subsequent to the arrest.

Well, of course he's messed up now! How can that be the basis of an appeal??
Exactly! What they did to him through the years no doubt caused RF even more psychological damage than he already had from being neglected and fed sugar water at the orphanage. They’ve probably treated him terribly since he was a little tiny boy. You heard the father’s tone with him and the cursing and his threats. That just doesn’t happen one day. He is not a nice person or a loving father, and probably never has been. I also feel like he was also abusive to his son and other children to take this all the way to trial.

I don't think it occurred to him that he was going to be convicted. He was too confident to take the plea deal..
Even more, I don't think it was on his radar at all that he would be remanded. He couldn't believe it. His defense team should have prepared him IMO.

Both Tim and Tracy are trim, good looking and classy dressers. It seems they like perfection and that really isn't possible with normal human kids. JMO

I'm thrilled with the verdict!
I think Tim will get around 10 years. (I'd like him to get more though.) Anything less than that would be unacceptable. He ruined a person's life (and the lives of his other children).
IMO they wanted to be seen as "rescuers". It fit their high and mighty sense of themselves.

I think he might get enough time that the youngest child will be 18.

I carefully rewatched the post-verdict body language this morning. Tim Ferriter's inner terror became harder and harder to mask as time went on, even with the gentle treatment of the guards, who seemed to be taking extra care with him.

I hope he will get a long opportunity to relearn how to be a human being.

Also- I laughed aloud when the defense attorney said how sad it was for her client to lose his freedom.

The look on Timothy Ferriter face when told he's going into custody. Video here https://youtu.be/6LGQHMedPjc Boy That Was LOCKED in BOX. Florida man Timothy Ferriter is accused of locking up his adopted son inside of a room he had built in the family’s garage. Ferriter was charged with aggravated CA, false imprisonment and neglect of a child. Court records out of Jupiter, Florida show that the door to the room had a deadbolt on the outside, along with multiple other locks. Investigators also found video from a ceiling camera that showed Ferriter allegedly punching, throwing, and beating the son multiple times. When Ferriter's son wasn't in school, he allegedly was locked in the room — only allowed out to eat or sometimes use the restroom. #TimothyFerriter #floridaman #florida

The jury found Timothy Ferriter guilty of all charges and the father of the "boy in the box" expressed shock when the judge said he would not be going home, but rather booked into the Palm Beach County Jail.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RMN0406
Back