GUILTY FL - Boy in a Box abuse trial - Parents, Timothy & Tracy Ferriter Arrested, Jupiter, Feb 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Plus, I think they don't want to put the kids through this.
And also trials are very expensive. I read somewhere recently that prosecutors are often pressured into offering pleas because they are overwhelmed with cases and trials are very expensive and can be risky. If they can make a reasonable deal that involves punishment - they will opt for that instead of taking a case to trial. I have a feeling Tracy will be offered a deal and that she will take it.

Speculation only. Sounds to me like they realized from the start that their case against her wasn't as solid as the case against him, though she was complicit in all of it and not only neglected to protect her child, but contributed to the abuse. Her charges may not include that top line offense of aggravated child abuse. (Does anyone know?) So, him testifying that the two of them together decided on this cell and treatment would get both cases off the docket. I'm glad he didn't take it. I expect her to plead out and I hope she gets time or is forced to go to trial like her husband. Go roll the dice like he did. Let's see what happens.

All moo
But the state may have more video that just features her, so we don't really know the extent of her depravity.

Well if he was offered a deal only if he threw her under the bus I guess I understand why he didn’t take it. It also makes sense why they would both come to court in such a defiant posture. From their twisted perspective. She’s equally guilty imo. She’s not an accomplice. They’re co-principals. She obviously supported it and was fully on board. So to me if he’s guilty of aggravated child abuse then so is she. Because she also had the same intention. Just my two cents.

It has been mentioned several times on CTV that Tracy told police different stories about the room in the garage, indicating she was trying to hide its real purpose.
That's correct. She was clearly hiding the real purpose behind the 8x8 structure in the garage.

It has been mentioned several times on CTV that Tracy told police different stories about the room in the garage, indicating she was trying to hide its real purpose.
IIRC the detective's testimony was in this direction. Tracy also seems to have made no effort to find RF when he went missing and showed no concern. She carried on going to soccer games, etc.

A few details the detective landed on between the two visits..... The mattress in the box was moved to the baby's room, and I think given a box spring. The hall table which originally had one item on it, had a do-over that included family photos.

Well if he was offered a deal only if he threw her under the bus I guess I understand why he didn’t take it. It also makes sense why they would both come to court in such a defiant posture. From their twisted perspective. She’s equally guilty imo. She’s not an accomplice. They’re co-principals. She obviously supported it and was fully on board. So to me if he’s guilty of aggravated child abuse then so is she. Because she also had the same intention. Just my two cents.
Your post speaks volumes - she was present every day for him. Supported his crap. Two peas in a pod. Their eyes both are strange, a blank bottomless stare, looking right through you at all times, morphed as one. moo

I don't think he will get the max, but he's a tough guy surely he can handle 10. moo
I think he won't get the max, but the judge might want to keep him behind bars until his youngest is 18? He should get very long probation, IMO, so he can't get himself a new family and get a do-over.

IIRC the detective's testimony was in this direction. Tracy also seems to have made no effort to find RF when he went missing and showed no concern. She carried on going to soccer games, etc.

A few details the detective landed on between the two visits..... The mattress in the box was moved to the baby's room, and I think given a box spring. The hall table which originally had one item on it, had a do-over that included family photos.
Yet wasn't she one who called police to report the child had run away? I really do not understand these people.

The look on Tracy's face is priceless. I've never seen anyone being processed in a courtroom before. Is there a reason for this?

I have seen it once (that I remember). FL vs. Lewis (2008) but it was after sentencing. At the end of this video she is fingerprinted and DNA sample taken in the courtroom.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back