GUILTY FL - Boy in a Box abuse trial - Parents, Timothy & Tracy Ferriter Arrested, Jupiter, Feb 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

WATCH LIVE: Imprisoned Son Trial — FL v. Timothy Ferriter — Sentencing​

Florida father Timothy Ferriter was convicted of several criminal charges for physically assaulting his adopted son with a belt and confining the teenager to a crate-sized room. The room — that was built specifically for the child in the family’s garage — had a lock only on the outside and cameras installed on the inside. The adopted son was provided only a bucket for bathroom use and sometimes meals. Ferriter faces up to 40 years in prison. His wife, Tracy Ferriter, was also arrested for similar charges and has yet to go to trial.

LIVE: Boy in the Box Trial - Sentencing | FL v. Tim Ferriter​

#BoyInABoxTrial - Sentencing - Tim Ferriter was convicted of aggravated child abuse, false imprisonment, and child neglect in connection with keeping his adopted teen son confined to an 8X8 windowless room, with a bucket for a toilet, that had been built in the garage.Ferriter faces up to 40 years in prison for aggravated child abuse, a first-degree felony.Prosecutors offered Timothy a plea agreement that would have sent him to jail for 24 months, but he rejected it in the days leading up to the trial.Timothy Ferriter was indicted, along with his wife, Tracey Ferriter, in March 2022 on charges of aggravated child abuse and false imprisonment in Jupiter, Florida.

Why is this first defense witness even allowed to testify? She’s a lay person. An advocate for parents with children with RAD! I swear sometimes it feels like our Justice system is a joke. This whole lie about RAD as a defense is also a joke.

The gallery is packed.Judge is hearing arguments over the defense’s motion for a downward departure (request for judge to sentence lower than the guidelines range of 75 months). He’ll decide on that issue after all evidence is in.

She's asking for a downward departure of less than 75 months/6.25 yrs? (Looks like Judge is getting annoyed with Prya disregarding his repeated instructions)

The victim is going to testify. I expect he will ask for leniency. I hope the judge is not swayed by that! The victim will be inclined to minimize the abuse. JMO

I agree. He's the victim and he feels guilty. He feels responsible. That's what I took from his testimony. It's such a shame. He probably feels for his siblings too.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back