GUILTY FL - Boy in a Box abuse trial - Parents, Timothy & Tracy Ferriter Arrested, Jupiter, Feb 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Is the youngest the only one of the kids who isn't adopted?

Yet another instance of treating crimes against children like it is no big deal. I think crimes against the ones we are legally responsible GUARD (hence, guardian) should have double sentence. Just like the fines when speeding in a construction zone. I guess that's more important than children.

To the children--- you did such a great job. Do not be deterred to be just as strong for the she-monsters trial. You are strong, smart and even though this feels overwhelming, good things are ahead. I am so sorry you all have to go through this. You should have been protected and loved. Not tortured. And then have to testify to that torture. Thank you for being willing to speak up.

Both daughters wrote letters expressing fear of their father and defended RF as a sweet, gentle, and loving sibling.

“Consider what it is like to have lived in a house where you can hear the screams of your younger brother,” FF wrote. “Screams of frustration, hurt, anger, fear, helplessness, and despair where you can hear your father yell profanities at him, where I could hear my father beat him to the point where my brother was no longer screaming but crying out in pain and barely able to answer questions.”

A psychologist who is treating the three eldest Ferriters said the girls felt betrayed and traumatized by the defendant’s treatment of their brother.

In deciding to impose a more lenient sentence the judge said he was moved by the numerous letters of support and testimony of Ferriter’s character. He was persuaded that while the defendant “did a very, of very bad thing, he was not innately evil.”

'I'm very sorry': Timothy Ferriter sentenced to jail at emotional hearing
Imagine living in a home where you are afraid your father is going to kill your brother.
Just typing that makes me ill.

Moo

Letters attached to a motion filed by Tim Ferriter's attorneys show that two companies have offered him jobs if he's released from jail.

While court records reviewed by Court TV indicate that Ferriter has filed for an appeal of his conviction with a new attorney, the filing itself is not yet available.

In a separate filing by both Ferriter’s trial attorney and his new attorney, he has asked the judge to release him from jail on bond pending his appeal.

Dream Outdoor Properties, a real estate company, offered Ferriter a job as sales assistant at a rate of $30/hour, with a minimum 20 hours per week and a maximum of 40 hours per week. Ferriter would be responsible for making calls, preparing marketing materials and working with the marketing team.

Mazda Palm Beach offered Ferriter the title of salesperson at the dealership with a weekly salary of $250 plus commission. The letter from the dealership says that most of their salespeople average $80,000 a year, with some reaching $200,000. The dealership noted that Saturdays are “mandatory workdays” and that he would be eligible for benefits and vacation time.

Posted at 4:25 PM, November 29, 2023

bbm. From the same article posted above:

Prosecutors have not filed a response, but in previous motions have expressed concerns that Ferriter could be a flight risk, citing a history of living in Spain and a lack of ties to the community.

No date has been set for the motions to be heard. Ferriter’s wife, Tracy, faces the same charges on which her husband was convicted after the couple’s cases were severed. She is next due in court on Dec. 6, 2023, for a motions hearing. Her trial date has not yet been scheduled.

Tim Ferriter asks to be released on bond, citing job offers

Posted at 4:25 PM, November 29, 2023

Attorney for Mazda of Palm Beach calls Tim Ferriter job offer document 'complete and unequivocal forgery'

Posted at 5:21 PM, Nov 29, 2023

and last updated 43 minutes ago

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — Lawyers for a South Florida father who locked his adopted son in a box-like structure in the garage of the family's Jupiter home claim he's got two job offers lined up for him if he were to be released on bond, but an attorney for one of those companies claims that no such offer is on the table.

However, attorney Joshua S. Talcovitz sent a letter to WPTV advising that "such document is a complete and unequivocal forgery."

Attorney for Mazda of Palm Beach calls Tim Ferriter job offer document 'complete and unequivocal forgery'

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. — Lawyers for a South Florida father who locked his adopted son in a box-like structure in the garage of the family's Jupiter home claim he's got two job offers lined up for him if he were to be released on bond, but an attorney for one of those companies claims that no such offer is on the table.

However, attorney Joshua S. Talcovitz sent a letter to WPTV advising that "such document is a complete and unequivocal forgery."
Thank you. This strengthens my thoughts of flight risk. Pretty brazen to forge a job offer. wow

Yikes!

His lawyer filed a letter as part of their motion for bond – saying Ferriter is not a flight risk – he’s even being offered a high-paying job as a salesman at Mazda of Palm Beach.

But Mazda of Palm Beach says --- it’s a fake.

"The letter is a forgery. It's not written by Mr. Korakas. It's not even on the correct letterhead for the dealership," said Joshua Talcovitz, attorney for Mazda of Palm Beach.

Talcovitz says it's not even a good forgery.

Murad also says another job offer letter – this one from Matthew Pfohl in Colorado – is legitimate.

She says Pfohl is a friend who attended the trial. We tried to reach Mr. Pfohl but got no answer either on his personal phone or company listing.

The website for the company that Pfohl says he runs -- Outdoor Dreams Properties, LLC, is purportedly headquartered in Colorado.

It also has no Jupiter office, where Pfohl's letter asserts Ferriter would be working,

Updated: 6:54 PM EST Nov 30, 2023

His lawyer filed a letter as part of their motion for bond – saying Ferriter is not a flight risk – he’s even being offered a high-paying job as a salesman at Mazda of Palm Beach.

"The letter is a forgery. It's not written by Mr. Korakas. It's not even on the correct letterhead for the dealership," said Joshua Talcovitz, attorney for Mazda of Palm Beach.

Murad also says another job offer letter – this one from Matthew Pfohl in Colorado – is legitimate.

She says Pfohl is a friend who attended the trial. We tried to reach Mr. Pfohl but got no answer either on his personal phone or company listing.

The website for the company that Pfohl says he runs -- Outdoor Dreams Properties, LLC, is purportedly headquartered in Colorado.

It also has no Jupiter office, where Pfohl's letter asserts Ferriter would be working,

Brazen effort to show TF's disrespect for the law and for his judgements.

I bet the judge wishes he had given Ferriter a harsher sentence.

I bet the judge wishes he had given Ferriter a harsher sentence.
He ought to have known better and given the correct sentence - he presided over the trial. Look what he (TF) did to not only his son, but to his whole family. Didn't expect anything less from TF, desperate people (TF) do desperate things.

Also, why lie to builders about what you want built/are having built, if you have nothing to hid?

moo

That car sales job is not high pay at all. You actually have to make some sales. And who's gonna buy from the guy?

Same with the real estate job. Those are commission sales. That's not a guarantee or a salary.

Both of these types of sales jobs, BTW, are the type where you can walk in the door and you can get hired. You can get business cards (heck, you potentially could maintain this through a jail sentence), with the company logo, and actually get no pay from the company. Many times, they don't even give you benefits.

Last edited:
Whaaaat?! I’ve been following this for awhile and my jaw dropped when I read that he got job offers and then a moment later when reading they were forged…my jaw is on the ground. Unbelievable!!!
YES!! so was I. First off, since when does anyone get to have a job after they have been sentenced to prison???? Who does this and thinks they will get away with this?? Do they know the source and if the other one was forged too? Narcissism again!!! Too good to go to prison!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back