FL FL - Boynton Beach, WhtFemUP1082, 20-40, canal off U.S. 441, May'99

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If you're jogging and are hit by a car, it seems like the injury would be on your left side, with impact initially at the rear of the skull, if running the same direction as traffic. It would be on the right side, with impact initially at the face, if running toward traffic.

Rolling into the canal would not sustain injuries like a vehicle would or being hit with a heavy object. The artist rendering is good and clear. Would it be if she sustains severe facial damage? Are there autopsy photos that were used? Just thinking out loud about vehicle vs perp injuries.

Case History: Decedent may have been the victim of a traffic homicide. The victim was located in a feeder canal on Bob West Road, 1/2 mile south of Boynton Beach Boulevard, along US 441 in Boynton Beach, Florida. Initial investigation showed blunt force trauma to the right side of the skull.
This case is interesting. I live pretty close to where she was found and am in contact with the forensic artist who did the latest recon. I'll see if I can get any information.

I forgot to post. I've lived just a few miles from this spot for almost 20 years. I went out to this area recently. The area where Bob West Road was is now a neighborhood. Bob West Road was a dirt road alongside the feeder canal, it appears to be basically gone now.

This has never been a logical spot to jog, there is no sidewalk on this side of 441. Across 441 there is a sidewalk/bike path and it has been used for jogging since I have been here.

The feeder canal runs east/west. I feel like she was dumped here, either from Bob West Rd when it existed, or from 441. I'll add that there are gators here. Just across from this spot is a road that goes to Arthur Marshall Park which is the Everglades and there are tons of alligators in there. Perhaps the person who dumped her thought she would be consumed by the gators?

This really doesn't sound like a hit and run to me. As mentioned previously, why go to such an undeveloped area to jog, if she was indeed jogging. South Florida is hot as Hades in May, the humidity is enough to suck the life out of you when you walk out the door. Hurricane season is about to begin and its the beginning of rainy season. JMO but it doesn't make sense unless the injuries were so specific as to have vehicle debris in her skull wound.

This really doesn't sound like a hit and run to me. As mentioned previously, why go to such an undeveloped area to jog, if she was indeed jogging. South Florida is hot as Hades in May, the humidity is enough to suck the life out of you when you walk out the door. Hurricane season is about to begin and its the beginning of rainy season. JMO but it doesn't make sense unless the injuries were so specific as to have vehicle debris in her skull wound.
A little OT, but this incident happened a mile or so down 441 from where she was found: Car traveled 151 mph moments before Delray crash that killed 6, PBSO says

Case Details​

FLUIDDB Case ID
Medical Examiner District
Case Number
1999-00427
Date of Death or Discovery
1999-05-23
Estimated Age of Decedent
21-35
Presumed Race
White
Estimated Height
5' - 6'
Estimated Weight
Unknown
Details
Location Found: Canal, 1/2 miles south of Boynton Beach Blvd. along US 441
Hair: Straight
Eyes: No details available
Facial Features: No details available
Tattoos: No details available
Scars, Surgeries and Other Dental and Medical Information:All four of her 3rd molars impacted
Jewelry: None
Clothing and Shoes: Black spandex shorts, light colored bra, and floral underwear. One white "Nike" tennis shoe (size 7)
Personal Effects: None
Other Details:Decedent may have been the victimo of a traffic homicide. Sketch can be found on the Doe Network's website

Last edited:

222UFFL - Unidentified Female

222UFFL1.jpg
222UFFL.jpg

Reconstruction of the victim.

Date of Discovery: May 23, 1999
Location of Discovery: Boynton Beach, Palm Beach County, Florida
Estimated Date of Death: One or more months prior
State of Remains: Skeletal
Cause of Death: Possible vehicular homicide

Physical Description

Estimated Age: 20-45 years old
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 5'4" to 5'5"
Weight: Unknown
Hair: Unknown color, straight.
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Healed injury to orbit of right eye. This would leave a visible, yet minor deformity or swollen appearence.

Identifiers

Dentals: Available. All four of her 3rd molars impacted.
Fingerprints: Not available
DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Black spandex shorts, a light colored bra and floral underwear. One white Nike tennis shoe, size 7, was found.
Jewelry: Unknown.
Additional Personal Items: Unknown.

Circumstances of Discovery

The victim was located in a feeder canal on Bob West Road, 1/2 mile south of Boynton Beach Boulevard, along US 441 in Boynton Beach, Florida.

Initial investigation showed blunt force trauma to the right side of the skull.

Investigating Agency(s)

Agency Name: District 15 Medical Examiner's Office
Agency Contact Person: Heron Ruiz
Agency Phone Number: 561-688-4575 or 4465
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 1999-00427

Agency Name: Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Sgt. Richard McAfee
Agency Phone Number: 561-688-4012
Agency E-Mail: mcafeer(at)pbso.org
Agency Case Number: 99-75805

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 1082

Information Source(s)

NamUs
FLUIDDB

Palm Beach County Sheriff

Hope Anne Moore went missing about a month previously from TX. I also feel UID was dumped in that location. Height is estimated so taking that into consideration. Hope does share some resemblance to UP.

1661193002061.jpeg1661193111452.jpeg1661193137893.jpeg

Hope Anne Moore went missing about a month previously from TX. I also feel UID was dumped in that location. Height is estimated so taking that into consideration. Hope does share some resemblance to UP.

View attachment 361103View attachment 361106View attachment 361107
Very similar! Submit it to PBSO. 1-800-458-TIPS

Hope still isn’t showing as an exclusion.

5 Missing Person Exclusions

1694121546861.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 522085View attachment 522086View attachment 522087

Possible Bridget Lee Pendell? Height is ok!

@othram a case for you! ;)
PBSO already works with Othram.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eNeMeEe