Found Deceased FL - Brian Bone, 24, missing after night out, Orlando, 21 Nov 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have to question him finding his way to Lake Ivanhoe alone and on foot. I-4 goes right across the lake. I wonder if there are any signs he was thrown into the lake from the road.
I don't see any vehicle stopping on I-4 unless there's a construction zone but it's constant traffic so it would have been spotted. IMO I-4 is actually my backyard.

What. Is. Going. On. With all these young men? I hope they do toxicology and I hope someone pretty high up is aware of all the similarities in these cases. It’s truly getting weird. My deepest condolences go out to Brian’s loved ones. So sad.
I don't think this is a conspiracy or foul play at all. Luckily, there will soon be surveillance footage of each of these men entering the water. I believe it exists now in some cases, but is rarely released to the public. One of this year's east coast drownings had footage, but it wasn't discussed much.

I think he may have been jumped and dumped... I, too, do not see him walking all that way and then falling in the lake -- it's not impossible, but to me, it's improbable.
I guess we'll find out fairly soon if foul play was involved...

Whatever happened, his family and friends and the world at large have lost a promising young man with lots of potential.
<Sigh> SMH.

People need to look out for one another when drinking together. An intoxicated friend should never be left on their own. This happens far too often and it is too, too sad.
You said it, @Lavender Moon -- it's always good to have one sober person (I don't drink alcohol) to drive (of course) and to remember where the car is parked. Most of us learn that, sometimes the hard way, earlier rather than later.
After Swigs, did his friends just go their separate ways, or did Brian leave them in the bar? What? He must have been by himself when trouble happened... Did he get in trouble when he got to his car -- did he make it to his car? Was he followed?
I'm thinking we'll never know much more than we know now unless we see the autopsy results -- his BAC and any injuries that look like foul play.
Such a sad, sad thing to happen...

You said it, @Lavender Moon -- it's always good to have one sober person (I don't drink alcohol) to drive (of course) and to remember where the car is parked. Most of us learn that, sometimes the hard way, earlier rather than later.
After Swigs, did his friends just go their separate ways, or did Brian leave them in the bar? What? He must have been by himself when trouble happened... Did he get in trouble when he got to his car -- did he make it to his car? Was he followed?
I'm thinking we'll never know much more than we know now unless we see the autopsy results -- his BAC and any injuries that look like foul play.
Such a sad, sad thing to happen...
Good questions. Although it could have been an accident, I am not ready to rule out foul play.
I wish this particular type of tragedy would stop repeating itself. How many similiar cases do we have on Websleuths?

I’m totally with you. I’ve been keeping a list. In addition to ending up in water, there are many who haven’t been found yet. (With no nearby water.) The “acting strangely recently” is really scaring me, and is the part that ties these cases together IMO. I’ve been following Websleuths for many years and this is a more recent phenomenon in my opinion. I’d love to have a thread somewhere about this but I don’t know how to start one and where. Really scared for Brian and his family.

About 3 years ago I stumbled on a group who discusses all of these missing guys, leaving a bar, leaving a group of friends, never to be seen again, unless they are found in a body of water, but some still not found.

I was active in that group because it interested me so much with my friend's son missing from CA.

I can no longer find the group but would love to search for another one or start one that lists all of them.

Side note--the smiley face killers MO is very similar but there are not smiley faces at the sites where some of these young men are found so I followed both for awhile.

Man you took the words right out of my mouth. WTF is going on and why is this not being seen as a serial killer targeting these men?
Probably because the FBI profile would need to include a killer who has the ability to teleport through time and space.

Young men get intoxicated and into trouble everywhere, every day. Brian just thought "okay, I'll walk to __________" and didn't make it. I've been there plenty of times. He started with brunch so his phone might have died by 7:30. I think the reason this phenomenon of dudes ending up in water is stimulating parts of the true crime community because when people drown alone they spend a certain amount of time missing - unlike when they crash their cars (usually, although there are plenty of cases of the latter immediately followed by the former).

I think that what we need is for some of the money the alcohol industry is compelled to spend on public safety campaigns to address the danger of drowning while intoxicated - and for drunk swimming to be a misdemeanor as well. It seems like in many cases, people (both friends and victims themselves) think that as long as you don't drive drunk nothing else can happen to you. That's something that needs to change, both for people who drink and for the public at large.

Just checked MSM -- nothing new...
I wonder if any evidence was found by LE when (if) they checked his car?
Oh, his poor worried-sick parents... I just cannot imagine.

Could he or one of his buds had some super-strong marijuana, and BB had a reaction to it? Or BB's first time smoking pot, and it made him dizzy and a bit dazed? (Please know that there's been no mention of pot -- it's just a thought...)
I wonder if it indeed is time to drag the nearby lake/pond -- unless his car gave up some secrets...
EDIBLES can do that to you. If you eat too much and drink also, it can create panic attacks and such....

Body found in Florida lake identified as man who went missing after birthday celebration | WFLA

Police confirmed paddleboarders found Brian Bone’s body in Lake Ivanhoe underneath the I-4 eastbound bridge just before noon Friday.

Detectives said it’s still unclear how Brian got from his 24th birthday celebration last Sunday in downtown Orlando to the lake. His cause of death has not yet been determined.

<snip>

“He said, ‘I don’t know. I’m just around buildings,'” Favors said. “He was scared. And I know how he sounds when he’s gonna cry and he had that sound in his voice and I was telling him to stay there.”

<snip>

Brian’s mom said his phone went dead shortly after, and that was the last time she’d speak to her son.

<snip>

Orlando police are still investigating and ask anyone with information to contact them at their non-emergency line 321-235-5300 call Crimeline at 800-423-TIPS (8477) if they prefer to stay anonymous.

EDIBLES can do that to you. If you eat too much and drink also, it can create panic attacks and such....
I personally think this is getting close to the right track, unfortunately. MOO. The (mostly) young men are a lot of times described as unusually intoxicated or disoriented, or acting strangely; more than drunk. Many times they run away.

About 3 years ago I stumbled on a group who discusses all of these missing guys, leaving a bar, leaving a group of friends, never to be seen again, unless they are found in a body of water, but some still not found.

I was active in that group because it interested me so much with my friend's son missing from CA.

I can no longer find the group but would love to search for another one or start one that lists all of them.

Side note--the smiley face killers MO is very similar but there are not smiley faces at the sites where some of these young men are found so I followed both for awhile.
If you find the thread or start one, please tag me. I am keeping a list.

Orlando Man Told Mom He Was ‘Scared’ Before Bday Celebration Turned Fatal

Orlando Man Told Mom He Was ‘Scared’ Before Bday Celebration Turned Fatal

Oh, that's so sad. If I'm not mistaken, it may have been the last thing Mom heard from her sweet son. And that she thought he was about to cry -- Can you imagine hearing that from your son with him so far away?
And it's a bit weird, IMO -- what made him feel that way? Did someone put something in his drink?
Had he already been threatened about something or someone -- and he saw this person at the bar?
Makes my blood run cold...
His poor grieving family -- I just can't imagine.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rsteen
Back