GUILTY FL - Brittany Tavar, 45, North Beach, 6 July 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am glad that he talked so that her body could be found. I feel so bad for her family and friends. :(

And I tend to agree with what her sister said in this interview today, knowing how slim the odds are that she is still alive, but it still got me all teared up:
“My dad just really wants to have a funeral,” Bellamah said. “... At a bare minimum, if we can get an answer, we can get closure.”

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2010-10-13/story/missing-st-johns-county-woman%E2%80%99s-family-relieved-fugitive%E2%80%99s-arrest-fears
RS&BBM

:( so sad

My thoughts and prayers are with Brittany's dad, sister, family and friends :(

:rose: R.I.P. Brittany :rose:

http://www.news4jax.com/news/25390676/detail.html

Detectives Say Information From Joseph Roberts Led Them To St. Johns County Site
POSTED: Thursday, October 14, 2010
UPDATED: 6:26 pm EDT October 14, 2010

ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- Investigators have found human remains believed to be that of missing Ponte Vedra Beach woman Brittany Tavar while searching a heavily wooded area in St. Johns County, according to the Sheriff's Office.

The remains discovered Thursday morning were in an "advanced stage of decomposition," according to investigators. They will be taken to the medical examiner's office to be positively identified and determine a cause of death.

So sorry to hear that a nice lady like Brittany tried to help a guy out, and he had to kill her. For what? Completely senseless.... My heart goes out to all of Brittany's relatives and friends. The days ahead will be hard before they get easier again... I am so sorry.....

RIP Brittany :(

I really think that he might had murder before.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/mostpopular/news-article.aspx?storyid=171587

no date given for when published that I can find.

During a hearing Wednesday afternoon, the judge set Roberts' bail at $500,000, and he's being held in the King County Correctional Facility.

Seattle police arrested Roberts, 26, Tuesday night, after the QGC, an upscale grocery store in University Village, reportedly caught him trying to steal $14 worth of meat.

Good grief, 14 bucks of meat? Struck me odd, sorry.

I am glad that JR disclosed the location of Brittany's body so quickly. It would have been even worse for the family if that information wasn't disclosed and they were left in a further state of limbo.

Rest in peace, Brittany. My thoughts are with Brittany's family and friends at this very difficult time. Such a terrible thing to lose a loved one to violence.

:rose: :rose: :rose:

RIP Brittany :(

I really think that he might had murder before.

Until he was found, I was definitely of the same opinion. Now...I'm not as sure. He seems like such a petty con man. He lived simply off other people. He was arrested at various times for very petty crimes ($14 worth of deli meat???) As soon as he was caught he 'gave it up'. Somehow I don't see a hard core killer doing these things.

Is he a killer? Absolutely! Does he deserve full punishment? No doubt about it! Has he ruined the life of Brittany's many loved ones? Yes, in an unforgiveable way. But I am still left wondering exactly what happened. Did Brittany 'lose it' over some con she caught him at and he 'reacted' so as to not be turned in? Possibly. I am having difficulty picturing him planning to ultimately murder this woman.

Perhaps I'm wrong. Perhaps he truly has absolutely no social consciousness or moral fibre whatsoever. But somehow he strikes me as a pathetic wimp...looking for the easy way out of everything; living off other peoples' work and money.

It's all academic. Afterall he took someone's life.

Joe...what did you do???? Why???

I so wish this had turned out differently. RIP Brittany. :(

The area where Joseph Roberts was arrested strikes me as very similar to Brittany's neighborhood in Florida.

Joseph Roberts was apprehended in a QFC grocery store with the University of Washington on two sides and the residential community of Laurelhurst on the other. The QFC is located in an upscale mall with a large Barnes and Noble (Free WiFi), the QFC has a Starbucks (Free WiFi) inside and various other high-end retail outlets and restaurants are present. Apple has a store here too (free Internet of course). Parking is plentiful within this mall both, at ground level, and in the large parking structure.

The mixture of patrons are both upper middle class and students. Lake Washington is within easy walking distance, just minutes away. Query: Was Joey hanging out at Barnes & Noble just like in Florida? Starbucks within the QFC? Query: Did Joey have someplace to cook the meat? Parking is extremely hard to find, in and around, the U-District (QFC is on the edge of the U-District). So I think the 2004 RAV 4 will be found or towed fairly shortly. However the bus system, Metro, is very efficient, in and around the U-District, and a con could easily ride for free with excuses or picking-up others' transfer passes. So it may take some time to find the car. Check those Park and Rides that feed into downtown Seattle and the U-District. It's not at the Issaquah Park and Ride.

The UW has many excellent libraries with free Internet access coupled with a good story to obtain a usage pass and a license. Did he use one of his licenses, which are recorded with the issuance of a usage pass? The libraries are open late, as one would expect of a large university. The campus is an excellent place to explore without being bothered by others.

An excellent place to blend and live on the fringes. Many drifters within the U-District north of campus (the QFC is to the east of campus). I wonder if he was a regular at Wholefoods, up on Roosevelt and 65th?

It just worries me, that he was attempting to pull the same scam on some unsuspecting "mark." It seems he very deliberately selected an upper middle class neighborhood each time.

Once LE has got as much information as possible, I assume they will publicize parts, to fill-in any gaps that Joey may have left out, in his story. I am glad he is cooperating so far. He looks defeated in his mug shot photo.

Great job by the QFC security personnel! They did an excellent job!!!

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=171714

"Toward the middle and end of the interview he became cooperative and forthcoming," said Harrigan. "I think it was a relief for him to talk to us, I think it was very stressful for him to be on the run and now it's finally over for him."

The detectives will stay in Seattle until Robert's extradition hearing Friday. They say Roberts told them he won't fight extradition back to Florida.

The detectives said they don't have any doubt he will be charged with murder. Roberts admitted driving to Seattle in July, and living on the streets and sleeping in Tavar's SUV, said police.

He told them where to find the stolen SUV which is now being processed by the FBI. Any evidence found in the vehicle will be sent to St. Johns County.

RIP Brittany! I am sorry your life ended at the hands of this horrid man.

My prayers are wtih Brittany's family at this time.

wm

http://www.historiccity.com/2010/staugustine/news/florida/joseph-roberts-now-in-st-johns-county-jail-6401

Following the interview with Roberts, Detectives in St. Johns County responded to a wooded area off SR-207, near Lightsey Road, and located human remains in an advanced stage of decomposition.

The scene was processed and the remains were transported to the District Medical Examiner’s Office. From there they went to the Forensics Lab at the University of Florida for additional evaluation. A positive identification of those remains as well as the cause and manner of death are still pending.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/25430770/detail.html

Deputies: Joseph Roberts Led Investigators To Brittany Tavar's Remains
POSTED: Monday, October 18, 2010

ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- Human remains discovered last week in a heavily wooded area in St. Johns County have been identified as that of Brittany Tavar, a 45-year-old Ponte Vedra Beach woman last seen in July.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Rest in Peace Brittany.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agirlnamedbob