GUILTY FL - Brittany Tavar, 45, North Beach, 6 July 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
genthumb.ashx

genthumb.ashx

Roberts is described as a white male, 26 years old, 6'1" tall, 170 pounds with brown hair and hazel eyes

genthumb.ashx

genthumb.ashx

genthumb.ashx

Tent purchased by Roberts

genthumb.ashx

2004 Toyota Rav4 has a Florida tag of Q66 2NJ.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=160304&catid=3

I copied this timeline from the Missing support/information thread for Brittany:

Timeline so far:

June (??) - BT meets Joe (JR) at a Barnes & Noble bookstore.

late June (??) - Joe begins staying at BT's house.

July 2 - BT told her boyfriend that her "nephew" was coming to stay. That was the last time he spoke to her.

July 6 - BT attended neighborhood party with Joe. He introduced himself as her "nephew". This was the last time anyone had contact with BT.

July 7 - BT was to attend a hearing at court. She didn't show.

July 9 - landscapers see JR walking BT's dogs.

July 10 - Two of BT's dogs were found wandering around the Hopkins/Richland Co. area of South Carolina (near Columbia).

July 11 - JR stopped for speeding in Evanston, Wyoming. He was driving BT's Rav4. (Evanston WY is 2000 miles from Hopkins, Richland SC -- or approximately 32 hours of straight driving.)

July 11 - Friends enter BT's house to find lights on, AC blasting, cats in house with lots of food.

July 11 - 12 hours after being pulled over in Wyoming, JR stops at Walmart in Ontario, Oregon. Buys tent, t-shirt and shorts.

July 19 -- Joseph Dean Roberts is named a Person of Interest in the disappearance of Brittany Jeniveve Tavar.

How sad. This poor woman helped a , and that's what she gets. What is wrong in this world. Please let LE find him and get what he deserves.

It looks like he plans on going camping if he bought a tent. Just strange he didn't buy anything else like food.
Did anyone pick up on the court date she missed? Was that the 7th, the day after she was last heard from?

Duh, I guess I should read the timeline.

It looks like he plans on going camping if he bought a tent. Just strange he didn't buy anything else like food.
Did anyone pick up on the court date she missed? Was that the 7th, the day after she was last heard from?

I'll have to find the right link, but her sister said that BT had a court hearing to get an injunction against a neigbour following a domestic violence dispute. Her sister said that the hearing was important to BT and she wouldn't have wanted to miss it.

Regarding the tent, and considering his route, it looks like he was either planning to camp in Oregon or Washington, or perhaps headed across the border to Canada. There wouldn't have been an alert out for him yet (although I'm not sure how he would have known that) as he really booted it across the country!

More here

http://www.fox30jax.com/mostpopular.../wmzp9xMfJkOPh1goOXQQRA.cspx and here: http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2010-07-21/search-missing-woman-continues

snipped:

Henry said that the following day Tavar was planning to file a permanent restraining order against her neighbor Ann Richardson.

Days before Tavar disappeared, another close friend, who asked to remain anonymous, had been working with her on a witness statement to use for the restraining order.

According to the friend, she witnessed an altercation between Richardson and Tavar at the Serenata Beach Club pool in May.

Tavar was the victim of criminal mischief at the club, at 3175 S. Ponte Vedra Blvd., when she said Richardson threw her video camera in the pool. Richardson told deputies that she dunked the camera because Tavar was constantly videotaping her

Those directions on mapquest are quite detailed to get to Wyoming. It makes you think he knew where he was going.
Seeing the landscapers must have spooked him as it seems he took off.
Strange but he doesn't really look tired in that clip at Walmart, he should have been after all that driving.
Didn't he get nailed at a Walmart for shoplifting? If so then he knows they have cameras.
This guy is a killer. I would really like to know where else he's been.

snipped:

The report also says Tavar has no control over her money. Her brother is a sole trustee and puts money in her account monthly.

Action News has also, learned Joe Dean Roberts has a criminal history. He was arrested in 2009 for stealing DVD's from Walmart. He was arrested again in 2010 for having drug paraphernalia and stealing two DVD's belonging to the St. Johns County library.

Somethings wrong here. He gets to be 26 years old and then starts shoplifting. No long term criminal record but now something like this. He leaves food for the cats, takes the dogs, I guess so they won't bark.

Somethings wrong here. He gets to be 26 years old and then starts shoplifting. No long term criminal record but now something like this. He leaves food for the cats, takes the dogs, I guess so they won't bark.

Something isn't quite adding up. Not that I doubt he is responsible at this point in time. It's just his criminal history is off compared to all the other cases we've seen. JMHO.

I also thought the circumstances that occurred in which Brittany was going to take a RSO out on another woman was interesting too.

Not sure what to think at this moment, except that this may not turn out well for Brittany :(

Another strange one....but unfortunately is does not look too good for Brittany........I wonder if this guy had conned her with flirting etc to get to live with her, hence the "nephew" tag and he has taken advantage of her vulnerability and maybe tried to kick him out and something went too far......

It also is strange that as a transient his only criminal record is stealing dvds!!!!.....and I have to say, you wouldnt pick him as being of a criminal mind....

Another strange one....but unfortunately is does not look too good for Brittany........I wonder if this guy had conned her with flirting etc to get to live with her, hence the "nephew" tag and he has taken advantage of her vulnerability and maybe tried to kick him out and something went too far......
It also is strange that as a transient his only criminal record is stealing dvds!!!!.....and I have to say, you wouldnt pick him as being of a criminal mind....

BBM

I have the sense that he is that stereotypical charming con man that we have all seen in the movies. He has clearly moved around the country a lot. When they checked on him at the traffic stop in Wyoming he had had drivers licenses from geographically diverse states, California, Florida, and Delaware. I wonder what 'damage' he left behind in CA and DE.

Perhaps he doesn't have more of criminal record because he hasn't been caught before, or he used aliases. Or, perhaps he is just getting 'established' in his con man career, since he is only 26.

the POI might have thought he could easily swindle money from BT, as she was single, trusting and, to all appearances, had a fair amount of money -- a nice house, belonged to a nice beach club, etc. He likely wouldn't have know that BT didn't have complete control of her financial affairs.

http://www.argusobserver.com/articles/2010/07/22/news/doc4c487cb205c3d105588173.txt

By WILLIAM ANDERSON
ARGUS OBSERVER
Thursday, July 22, 2010 10:35 AM PDT

ONTARIO — The Ontario Police Department is helping out authorities in Florida in the search of a missing Florida woman and a person of interest in the case.

Brittany Jeniveve Tavar, 45, from St. Johns County, Fla., was last heard from on July 6. Joseph Dean Roberts, 26, is described as a transient, and is being sought as a person of interest in a nationwide search.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back