GUILTY FL - Brittany Tavar, 45, North Beach, 6 July 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My guess is that she's in or around Santee-Cooper. It only takes about 4 hours or less to travel from Walterboro to Jonesville. It took him 7 hours. He let the dogs out not far from Santee. I sure hope LE is looking for her around that area already.

I am too carmac. I'm also eyeing in and around Jonesville or somewhere in between. NC or SC one. Leaning more towards SC. He made quite a few stops in SC, anyone map out the route he would take and if those stops are logical?

All JMHO.

I am too carmac. I'm also eyeing in and around Jonesville or somewhere in between. NC or SC one. Leaning more towards SC. He made quite a few stops in SC, anyone map out the route he would take and if those stops are logical?

All JMHO.

Here is the most direct route from Waltersboro, SC (A) through Hopkins, SC (B) to Jonesville NC (C) via US Interstates. There really are no "backroads" that would go directly from point A to point C.
I'd love to know where in Hopkins/Richland county the dogs were found, as there is alot of "open area" around Hopkins (such as Congaree National Park and the huge Ft Jackson Military Reserve).

Especially since he seems adept at maneuvering the interstates (he sure got out West quickly!!), I'm leaning towards him driving the interstates, per my map, and perhaps the 3 hour time difference meant he spent this time around these "open areas" near the Hopkins area...

I can't see him wasting 3 hours... just to dump the dogs....that should've only taken a minute or two. Which leaves us with the disposal of the dogs AND BT (I'm sorry to say) somewhere in that area. Then again, I'd think the dogs would be going nuts if their "master" was in the car with them in a "deceased" state. People passing by the car would notice the dogs acting odd, perhaps? Which is why I wonder if she was even in the car when he got to Walterboro (A) ... IMO, of course.

http://www.mapquest.com/mq/6-mWLWjKI7

http://www.news4jax.com/news/24371303/detail.html

POSTED: Friday, July 23, 2010

... Investigators said Kuebear was covered in thorns and brush from the woods and was chasing an SUV...

...Deputies said they re-entered Tavar's home late Thursday night to retrace their steps and look for clues they might have missed the first time through...

Kuebear is one of BT's dogs. (picture of him at link).

Let me see if I can load this map well enough to have the small print legible. Not all of the markers can be seen entirely but it gives addresses for the stops made on the cross country trek. ETA: Yes, once you get the map open in the small screen by right clicking once, right click again and it opens bigger.

Attachments

• tavar map.jpg
    tavar map.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 29
Here is the most direct route from Waltersboro, SC (A) through Hopkins, SC (B) to Jonesville NC (C) via US Interstates. There really are no "backroads" that would go directly from point A to point C.
I'd love to know where in Hopkins/Richland county the dogs were found, as there is alot of "open area" around Hopkins (such as Congaree National Park and the huge Ft Jackson Military Reserve).

Especially since he seems adept at maneuvering the interstates (he sure got out West quickly!!), I'm leaning towards him driving the interstates, per my map, and perhaps the 3 hour time difference meant he spent this time around these "open areas" near the Hopkins area...

I can't see him wasting 3 hours... just to dump the dogs....that should've only taken a minute or two. Which leaves us with the disposal of the dogs AND BT (I'm sorry to say) somewhere in that area. Then again, I'd think the dogs would be going nuts if their "master" was in the car with them in a "deceased" state. People passing by the car would notice the dogs acting odd, perhaps? Which is why I wonder if she was even in the car when he got to Walterboro (A) ... IMO, of course.

Just posting this info in case we ever want to have it.

One of the dogs was found here:

http://www.wltx.com/news/story.aspx?storyid=90784&catid=2

...On July 10, one of her dogs, named Kuebear, was witnessed chasing an S-U-V down Garners Ferry Road in Hopkins, SC. Residents Elliott Williams and Nikki Thilages tracked the dog down in a nearby parking lot.

"I started freaking out because the little tiny dog was running in the middle of Garners Ferry Road," said Thilages.

"I thought can you believe those people just threw the dog out?" said Williams.

Thilages and Williams took the dog to Battle Creek Animal Shelter, which they say identified it by a microchip.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/24371303/detail.html

Friends Fear Worst For Missing Woman
Deputies Re-Search 45-Year-Old's Ponte Vedra Home For Clues
POSTED: Friday, July 23, 2010

ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. -- Brittany Tavar's friends said she wouldn't go anywhere without her two dogs, which is why those caring for one of her rescued pets fears the worst has happened to the missing 45-year-old Ponte Vedra woman.

"I'm a little depressed. I mean, she's just, like, lost," said the man caring for Tavar's 2-year-old dog Kuebear who did not want to be identified. "Thinking the worst and hoping for the best. Her leaving the dogs told it all to me. She would never leave them, ever."

If only her Tavar's dogs could talk, because investigators said they were likely with their owner leading up to her disappearance 17 days ago.

The info LE released said the first dog was found on Garner Ferry Road near the Rabbit Run area. My map puts that near cross roads of US 378/76 and SC Hwy 37.

BBM

IF (and while I believe that BT is no longer with us, it still is not certain) BT was killed, the two key questions are (1) where was she killed and (2) where was her body disposed of. I've struggled with both of these.

Somehow I picture a somewhat flaky BT (sorry BT) losing it over something that JR did. (Caught poking around her computer files?) As he saw his meal ticket going down the drain he over-reacted and did something irreversible. Now he had a problem. If he disposed of the 'evidence' nearby, they would surely look for him. If he created a diversion (i.e. dropped the dogs off far away) perhaps that would cause them to look elsewhere.

I can't see him driving to the Carolinas with a body in the car and the dogs going crazy. I think he hid her body (sorry to say this) in the general region of St Augustine and came back to pack up, get the dogs and head out for his cross country dash.

Snoopster... My thoughts for days. Where did he do it and where did he leave her? IDK how much investigating has been done in this case. I have no idea if her house and area has been searched. It makes no sense to drive from here to the carolinas on your way to the north west. I wonder if he found out she did not control her own money and flipped? I hope they catch him soon. Hes fairly young, maybe he will snap when caught. I wonder if they went together to carolinas and something happened there?

I read in an article (and if someone wants me to go back and find it I will but if it's already known ignore me :))

that BT had bought him a computer after he had moved in with her. It was also reported that they were suppposed to start a business together.

If a link is needed just let me know.

Posted on the wrong thread sorry. (deleted message that I had posted)

I deleted the above message everyone. I'm so sorry. I was thinking that I was on the Norma Lopez thread. I apologize!

lol. no problem Kat.. took me a minute, but I figured out who you were referring to. No news on Brittany... dang it... so bumping again.. I dont want her thread to go to page 2.
Where are you Brittany?

On July 10th and 20th Tavar's dogs were found in different area's of Richland County, South Carolina. Authorities are focusing on that area in their search for Tavar.

AND:

The U.S. Marshal’s Service and FBI have officially joined in the investigation this week.

Good news on the other agencies being involved. I hope they find Brittany soon.

http://www.kptv.com/news/24394517/detail.html

Sister Of Missing Florida Woman Awaits Word
POSTED: 9:00 am PDT July 26, 2010

PORTLAND, Ore. -- The sister of a missing woman asked for the help of others Sunday in finding a man who is a person of interest in her disappearance.

Police in Florida said 26-year-old Joseph Roberts was the last person known to have been with Brittany Tavar before she vanished July 6. Patricia Bellamah, who lives in the Pearl District, has been anxiously awaiting word on her sister ever since.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slim Summers
Back