FL FL - Broward Co., WhtFem Skeletal 757UFFL, 46-60, silver wedding band, Nov'86

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Maybe I am having a blonde moment, but what does diamond chips mean?

Diamond chips are small pieces of broken diamonds. Some people use diamond chips to describe very small faceted diamonds (though they are not the same thing) also called melee.

Here is an example of what would be considered diamond chips in a band.
diamond chip.jpg

Diamond chips are hard to see...and actually may require a magnifying glass to see..They are tiny remnants of broken diamonds..as they were not faceted they usually do not sparkle..Overtime they may have fell out...If this is indeed Irene..chances are the diamond ring was taken...

I think Irene is an very possible match....Great research..!

Classito

I called and left a message with another detective, I will follow up with both today!

Thanks for clarifying diamond chips for me. I have tried to research the stamp on it, have learned way to much about makers marks not to have a more definitive answer on it, but I did email an expert in the field, just to see if they may have a guess on time period of the ring and the stamp, however, if it was a lesser known jeweler it wouldn't likely be known.

Are age discrepancies between namus and doe network common?

I just off the phone with Det. Ortiz with MDPD, and Irene Matheson has been ruled out and is reflected in NAMUS as of today. I did some snooping and thought the same thing, that Matheson coud be the UID. MDPD says thanks to all for trying!

At first, I initially left a message with the person on the UID's case a month ago, but I never got a response. Then I went into the Matheson file to see who was the agency in charge, which was Miami-Dade Police. I couldn't really get ahold of anyone until I decided to go on the MDPD's Facebook page and left a message on one of their posts. I got a call back from Detective T.C. Ortiz on 11/10/15 and we spoke for about 45 minutes on the case. Then today (11/11/15), she called me at 9:30AM PST to inform me that the match was compared with DNA and that it was not Irene Matheson.

Sadly this Namus case hasn't been updated since 2015, which makes it unlikely that there are any more ruleouts than the 2 listed in the post above this one.
Thumbnail
Thumbnail

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

757UFFL - Unidentified Female​

Artistic rendering
Artistic rendering
Ring

Artistic renderings of the victim by Catyana Falsetti; victim's ring.

Date of Discovery: November 18, 1986
Location of Discovery: Western Broward County, Florida
Estimated Date of Death: 1986
State of Remains: Skeletal
Cause of Death: Homicide by asphyxiation

Physical Description​

Estimated Age: 46-70 years old
Race: White
Height: 5'1 to 5'3"
Weight: 100-115 lbs.
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Identifiers​

Dentals: Available. Victim was edentulous.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Available.

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Shorts and panties.
Jewelry: White metal wedding band, engraved with the initials "Y.E.M." or "U.S.M".
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery​

The victim's skeletal remains was located at the 60 mile marker of Alligator Alley in Broward County, Florida on November 18, 1986.

Investigating Agency(s)​

Agency Name: District 17 Medical Examiner's Office - Broward County
Agency Contact Person: Wendy Crane
Agency Phone Number: 954-357-5200
Agency E-Mail: Med_Exam_Trauma@Broward.org
Agency Case Number: 1986-1597

Agency Name: Broward County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Glenn Bukata
Agency Phone Number: 954-321-4735
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: BS86-11-8299

NCIC Case Number: Unknown
NamUs Case Number: 1221

Information Source(s)​

NamUs
Broward County Sheriff
Florida Unidentified Decendents Database

Admin Notes​

Added: 07/19/2010; Last Updated: 11/03/2021

This woman was very likely killed by a spouse, at her age and wearing a wedding ring. If the supposed initials were hers or her husband's I'm surprised he didn't dispose of the ring elsewhere. But initials can be hard to trace.

They have DNA on her, but so many years later, she remains nameless. She may well have been never reported missing. Maybe she was estranged from her family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver
Back