GUILTY FL - Calyx, 16, & Beau Schenecker, 13, shot to death, Tampa, 27 Jan 2011 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is a delay tactic by JS. jmo

I don't think she is a very happy person today that the DR made her have to go to the trial.

jmo

bet if it was Arizona court would have been cancelled....:blushing:

Trial Queen Sharee ‏@TrialQnSharee 1m
Ingrid Nielsen is first witness called to the stand this morning, she is a crime laboratory analyst #JulieSchenecker

Trial Queen Sharee ‏@TrialQnSharee 31s
Ingrid has performed DNA samples on more than 3500 samples #JulieSchenecker

Dr. Weaver who is present in the courtoom to see to JS.

Def: "Everything is fine and we are ready to proceed"

Judge asks Dr if that is correct, Dr. says yes,

Judge asks JS if that is correct, she says yes

Judge: we are ready to proceed - any issues before jury enters?

Pros brings up stipulation regarding identity.

Judge tells JS to pay attention because he is going to make an inquiry and proceeds to read the stipulation that is presented to be read to jury. (Jury not present at this time)

Members of the jury: Pros. and Def. have agreed certain facts, you must accept these facts as true..

To JS: - You understand that the jury must accept these stipulations as fact, correct?

JS - I understand you are going to tell them that..

Judge continues to read stipulation:

..that Beau and Calyx S. died on jan 27, 2011 in Hillsborough Cnty Fl...

Judge gives stipulation to def to discuss with JS.

we wait...:wait: def attny's huddled around JS

Def requests to review the stipulations with JS and will revisit it later

Judge accepts..Jury brought in

JS looks shaky and agitated.

Trial Queen Sharee ‏@TrialQnSharee 1m
Ingrid Nielsen is first witness called to the stand this morning, she is a crime laboratory analyst #JulieSchenecker

Don't quite get what all this stuff about DNA is pertinent to the trial. It seems like they're working up to something

My hubby just said that this group of Lawyers (both Sides) make even Jose Baez look like a Professional Attorney. :floorlaugh: They appear to be less than organized !!

Don't quite get what all this stuff about DNA is pertinent to the trial. It seems like they're working up to something

I'm not sure either, but here we go with the DNA lesson. :facepalm:

Could it be to prove that JS wrote the journal? Don't know that is in dispute by the defense though.

Pulled from Rhozwen post

'To JS: - You understand that the jury must accept these stipulations as fact, correct?

Judge accepts..Jury brought in'

What is there for JS to object to? Hasn't it been established that both kids shot and died within moments on 1-27-2011?

It appears she is not willing to allow her lawyers to stipulate time of death for the kids. Her attorneys must be ready to strangle her. The DNA testimony is quite dry so I'm going to clean my kitchen and get dinner started. It's early evening here in Germany:-)

Pulled from Rhozwen post

'To JS: - You understand that the jury must accept these stipulations as fact, correct?

Judge accepts..Jury brought in'

What is there for JS to object to? Hasn't it been established that both kids shot and died within moments on 1-27-2011?

The judge never finished reading the stipulation. It appeared that JS was horribly confused and judge could tell she wasn't with it enough to give proper consent.
It seems like normal procedural things, like jury must assume the date of death and the victims are facts to be considered as fact.
I think the defense knew she isn't all there today too, so they asked if they could go over it with her later.

Looks like JS had a rough night - as someone said up thread, PS's testimony must have really affected her yesterday.

Does it look like the mouth movements (like during the perp walk) are back or is it just me?

Initially I thought she was sucking n a candy or mint while being brought in and arrested. I thought it was to maske the smell of alcohol.

But I've seen JS at this trial and I think her tongue pokes around in her mouth rather than a candy/mint. I don't know what that is about. Nerves?

CC ‏@courtchatter 29m
#JulieSchenecker is ready to proceed. She is reading a stipulation that the kids died on 1/27. #ScheneckerTrial

Ah..DNA expert to test who's blood on the robe. Makes sense now.

Initially I thought she was sucking n a candy or mint while being brought in and arrested. I thought it was to maske the smell of alcohol.

But I've seen JS at this trial and I think her tongue pokes around in her mouth rather than a candy/mint. I don't know what that is about. Nerves?

On Monday, I think it was, her female lawyer/whatever she is, was doing the same thing...poking her tongue around in her mouth and against her cheek. idk I bite the inside of my cheeks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89