Found Safe Fl - Camille Wesley Corbett, 9, Jacksonville, 25 May 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Believed to have left the home at 5am? Believed by whom?

Sorry, this stinks. Little girls do not leave home, alone, at 5am in the dark. They just don't.

Who was leaving at 5am that may have taken her?
So often it seems like when a child goes missing in the dark hours of the morning it turns out that they didn't leave on their own accord. And rarely were they abducted. So what's left?

From what I've seen of Camille's neighborhood it isn't likely she was taken for ransom. Her mother, sister and grandmother have been interviewed by msm and none said anything like Camille was upset or angry over something that would cause her to run away.

So what's left?

Mmmhhmmm. Baby leaves on her own around 5am. Grandma is called at 545am. Not the police. Police are called at 8ish and are searching the river..... mmmhhmmm. 9 year Olds don't sneak out at 5am to throw themselves in a river.

I'm feeling all scowly. I hope she shows up and makes me feel bad for the side eye and scowl. But mmmhhmmm.

Camille's grandmother said in an interview at the link above that her daughter called her at about quarter to six and said that Camille is missing. So, about 5:45 AM. Then they got in the car to look for Camille and when they didn't find her they called 911 at about 8 AM.

Questions

1. Why did they decide to look for her instead of calling 911 right away? Did they think that she was pulling a prank/joke on them? Has this happened in the past? Did they know where to check first or was it random (going around the neighborhood)?
2. How do they estimate that she went missing at about 5:00 AM? Did her Mom check on her at the time or shortly before that time and she was still sleeping? Was her Mom already awake before 5:00 AM, and if so, why? It seems kind of early... I'm not sure what school she went to but I've googled and most Duval county public schools start between 8:30-9:00 AM. Also, I don't believe that my parents were checking on me while I was asleep and 9 years old, but maybe some parents would, I don't know.
3. How come no one heard her when she left the house? I doubt that a 9 year old would be super quiet.

Camille's grandmother said in an interview at the link above that her daughter called her at about quarter to six and said that Camille is missing. So, about 5:45 AM. Then they got in the car to look for Camille and when they didn't find her they called 911 at about 8 AM.

Questions

1. Why did they decide to look for her instead of calling 911 right away? Did they think that she was pulling a prank/joke on them? Has this happened in the past? Did they know where to check first or was it random (going around the neighborhood)?
2. How do they estimate that she went missing at about 5:00 AM? Did her Mom check on her at the time or shortly before that time and she was still sleeping? Was her Mom already awake before 5:00 AM, and if so, why? It seems kind of early... I'm not sure what school she went to but I've googled and most Duval county public schools start between 8:30-9:00 AM. Also, I don't believe that my parents were checking on me while I was asleep and 9 years old, but maybe some parents would, I don't know.
3. How come no one heard her when she left the house? I doubt that a 9 year old would be super quiet.

BBM. But it was reported that she was seen leaving the house at 5 am. Who saw her leave the house in the dark? Did no one ask a 9 year old where she was going at that time of the morning?

News4JAX‏Verified account @wjxt4 28m28 minutes ago
BREAKING: Missing child Camile Corbett has been found safe per Jacksonville Police

Verified:
Jax Sheriff's Office‏Verified account @JSOPIO 33m33 minutes ago
#JSO is pleased to announce the missing juvenile, Camille Corbett, has been located safe and returned to family. Thank you to all for the RTs and the assistance in disseminating this information.

I am soooooo glad!!! Thank you, baby, for turning my scowly side eye into an apologetic smile. Now get your butt inside!!!!!! :)

I will say the bottom of the flyer saying harboring a child (or something like that) is a crime made me wonder if they suspected she went wit someone in particular. I Def think if she was with someone hiding her. That needs to be followed up. She's a young child. No adult should be ok doing that.

This may be the only news we get on this one:
Missing 9-year-old girl found safe, back with family
According to Corbett's grandparents, the 9-year-old ran away from home and hid under a bed in the grandparent's home.

JSO has released no further updates in regards to Corbett's finding. First Coast News will update you as soon as there is more information.

I know kids act like kids but I wonder what the cost was for the search. Ah well, I guess I'd rather see a happy ending - I wish they'd all end with the child safely home.

A father’s love: local dad reacts after his daughter runs away to grandparent’s house
Abraham Corbett is the type of dad any child would be lucky to have because he adores his family.

“I’ve learned that every member of my family has different needs and we can work together to get through anything,” Corbett said after his young daughter, Camille Corbett, 9, ran away from home Friday morning.

“My wife told her that she was in trouble and that she would have to speak with me when I got home, so Camille decided to take off,” he said.

Fortunately, Camille didn’t go far, just down the road to her grandparent’s house where she hid under a bed.

So it sounds like Camille got angry and ran off - luckily only as far as her grandparent's house. Family reports that she's home now, "laughing and playing with her family." I'm actually happy her parents are involved and kind enough to understand the mind of a 9-year-old and aren't punishing her. I'm sorry that a lot of expense was incurred because of her anger but still, she's only 9.

I hope though that her parents help her to learn that it's not a game to scare them by running off.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back