GUILTY FL - Carlie Brucia, 11, Sarasota, 1 February 2004

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BTW......hello all again....I'm backl

There is so much tradegy involved with drug abuse and also by the way, Carlie looked so much like her mom.......anyhow, this woman now has a felony charge against her and I'm sure she has a rap sheet prior to this arrest.
She will not get sent to a drug rehab. I'd like to think that could happen but it's rare. There are a million women like her and this poor woman is doing the only thing she know's how to make enough money to buy her drugs AND if she's doing coke or selling it she's making some good money. Coke is the drug of people with money.....otherwise they'd be using Meth.

May God help her.

xxxxxxooo
mama

Is she doing coke or smoking Rock? I thought I read she is a Crack head

Susan Schorpen looked trim and wore a floral print dress at the November trial of the man who was convicted of killing her daughter, Carlie Brucia.

With friends at her side, she sobbed in the back of the courtroom as attorneys described her daughter's death. Then she composed herself enough to do national TV interviews.

When it was over, Schorpen, 36, faced the TV cameras and pledged to be an "advocate" for victims of terrible crimes like the one that took her daughter.

Six weeks later, police say she had a crack pipe in her bra when they arrested her in St. Petersburg on charges of drug possession and "facilitation" of prostitution.

Those closest to her are familiar with Schorpen's pattern: months of drug abuse, then sporadic attempts to clean up.

But this time, she's fallen harder and there are fewer people willing to help her.

"It's been an ongoing thing for many years," said her brother, Paul Schorpen, who said Susan has been doing drugs since age 16. "Nobody knows what she's going to do next. This is the last straw."

On the other hand, even some of the people who say she used them are reluctant to judge her.

Darlene Warren, a neighbor, lent a car to Schorpen "for an hour" last spring and had to go hunting for it 12 hours later.

"I know she's under a lot of stress," says Warren, a neighbor who used to watch Schorpen's children. "That's what the drugs do. They take over. And you're not the person that you were."

Drugs have been a constant factor in Schorpen's life since her daughter's abduction, rape and murder. Her marriage broke up. She lost custody of her son, Leif, after she failed a drug test administered by state child welfare workers.

Her parents evicted her from their house on McIntosh Road. Her mother died shortly before the trial.
http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060121/NEWS/601210605

dolceaura said:
Well the authorities have finally found her...

ST. PETERSBURG - Susan Schorpen's life took another tragic twist Thursday when she was arrested by St. Petersburg Police on a prostitution charge.

According to a SPPD report Schorpen, 36, had cocaine residue and a crack pipe in her possession. She allegedly exposed herself to an undercover officer working a prostitution sting at approximately 10 pm.

She needs all the prayer she can get. I feel so incredibly sorry for her.

Isn't that sad. I hope that she has hit her bottom and well get help now. She may also be charged for the $7,000 she stole from her father. I think that charges have already been pressed. I feel sorry for her as I know that losing Carly the way that she did was just the most horrible thing that could ever happen to her. I believe though that she was into drugs way before that. I'm sure that she carrys a load of guilt. She must not have her son with her. I wonder who has the little boy. I sincerely hope that Susan will be sent to treatment for a long period of time in a locked down facility. She would be able to get grief counseling there too. Maybe she can put her life back together and gather the strength to carry on and stay off of drugs.

Carlie Brucia's uncle dies in crash

The uncle of Carlie Brucia, a Sarasota girl whose abduction was caught on a car wash surveillance camera in February 2004, died Tuesday night in a car accident.

Kurt Steven Schorpen, 48, whose last known address was on Alesio Avenue in North Port, was killed when a Chevrolet pickup truck he was driving crashed off Fruitville Road in Sarasota, according to Florida Highway Patrol.

Kurt's death comes two days before the anniversary of Carlie's abduction and murder. Carlie, 11, was abducted on Feb. 2, 2004 by Joseph Smith as she was walking home from a friend's house.

Kurt, whose sister was Susan Schorpen, Carlie's mother, was driving at a high rate of speed when his pickup truck entered a private gravel driveway just past Fruitville and Verna roads, police said.

Kurt's truck veered to the right and ran over nine wooden fence poles. He continued into a pasture and hit several trees before coming to rest against a big tree, police said.

FHP said he was not wearing his seatbelt and was the only one in the vehicle.

Schorpen died at the scene, police said.

http://www.sun-herald.com/NewsArchive2/020206/pb1.htm?date=020206&story=pb1.htm

I feel so sorry for Carlie's grandad. First he loses his grandaughter in the most horrific manner. Then his daughter steals money from him to drugs and is missing for quite some time, and now his son is killed in an accident. Of course, I am assuming that Carlie's mom and uncle have the same father. Either way, this family has had to endure far too much.

May God bless them.

I was extremely saddened to learn that Susan has now lost her brother as well. He died in a car accident January 31st. How much can she take? Her daughter is murdered, then her son is taken away, then her mother passes away, and now her brother? I think that would be too much for me to bare. I would not be surprised, nor blame her, if she decided to take her own life. Because Carlie was such a sweet, precious child, I know that Susan played a large part in her growing up that way and whatever drug demons she battled privately, they did not seem to affect Carlie's sunny disposition. I really feel bad for her and pray that she might soon find some flicker of light in these very dark days. She does not deserve such devastation.

dolceaura said:
I was extremely saddened to learn that Susan has now lost her brother as well. He died in a car accident January 31st. How much can she take? Her daughter is murdered, then her son is taken away, then her mother passes away, and now her brother? I think that would be too much for me to bare. I would not be surprised, nor blame her, if she decided to take her own life. Because Carlie was such a sweet, precious child, I know that Susan played a large part in her growing up that way and whatever drug demons she battled privately, they did not seem to affect Carlie's sunny disposition. I really feel bad for her and pray that she might soon find some flicker of light in these very dark days. She does not deserve such devastation.

Perhaps this will be the wake up call she needs to get her life in order.

Killer apologizes for strangling 11-year-old

SNIP

(CNN) -- The man convicted of raping and strangling an 11-year-old Florida girl tearfully apologized Tuesday for the pain his crime caused and asked a judge to spare his life for the sake of his own children.
"I do not ask for mercy for myself," Smith told Sarasota, Florida, Judge Andrew Owens. "As you have heard, there were many times when I didn't care whether I lived or died."

Smith said he hoped his life would serve as an example of the destructive power of drugs.

"I never expected or believed I could commit this horrible crime. I can only hope that I can be an example to others," Smith said.

SNIP
"Judge Owens, I want you to know I take full responsibility. I don't know how it happened. I'm not trying to make excuses for what happened, but I really don't remember much of what happened after 4 p.m. that day," Smith said.

Smith said his life took a downward turn when his wife threw him out of the house a month before the crime. "My world was really coming apart fast," he said.
"I want to tell you, and Carlie's family, and my family, and this community, how very sorry I am for these terrible crimes. Every day I think about what I did, and I beg God for forgiveness," Smith said.

christine2448 said:

SNIP

(CNN) -- The man convicted of raping and strangling an 11-year-old Florida girl tearfully apologized Tuesday for the pain his crime caused and asked a judge to spare his life for the sake of his own children.
"I do not ask for mercy for myself," Smith told Sarasota, Florida, Judge Andrew Owens. "As you have heard, there were many times when I didn't care whether I lived or died."

Smith said he hoped his life would serve as an example of the destructive power of drugs.

"I never expected or believed I could commit this horrible crime. I can only hope that I can be an example to others," Smith said.

SNIP
"Judge Owens, I want you to know I take full responsibility. I don't know how it happened. I'm not trying to make excuses for what happened, but I really don't remember much of what happened after 4 p.m. that day," Smith said.

Smith said his life took a downward turn when his wife threw him out of the house a month before the crime. "My world was really coming apart fast," he said.
"I want to tell you, and Carlie's family, and my family, and this community, how very sorry I am for these terrible crimes. Every day I think about what I did, and I beg God for forgiveness," Smith said.

Please - he is such a crock of chit!!

Riiiight......he was planning on killing himself that day......instead his plans were messed up and he raped & killed a child....

I appreciate it when a murderer/criminal takes responsibility for his actions and shows remorse, but why didn't he say all this long ago? If he was truly sorry and wanted to be a role model for kids, why did he plead not guilty and put Carlie's family through the torture of a trial? I am glad that he acknowledges and regrets what he did but he gets no sympathy from me. He is just trying to save his butt.

christine2448 said:

SNIP

SNIP

If he doesn't or didn't care if he lived or died then I guess he still won't. Idiot. Get sparky started... He's really sorry. He had kids for goodness sakes.

I hope they reenstate the use of Old Sparky just special for him. (and oops DARN!!! it really doesn't work to well and prolongs the death... Darn it!! HATE when that happens)

His pathetic tears.... Right like they weren't for him???
I wonder if he would be crying had he not been caught and convicted??

IMO his 3 daughters would be a heck of a lot better off never having to visit that dirt ball in prison ... There mother should change their names and move far away where no one knows them.
This man destroyed these people ... Carlies Family and his own .. But now he is a good influence?? (The one article I read sighted his attorney as saying he could be a good influence in prison and on his 3 daughters)

I can be compassionate but I just can't find any for someone who would do what this man has done.
He really needs to be sentenced to death. I say that only half in favor of the death penalty to begin with.

Strange. Despite his claims that he was totally drugged out and doesn't remember that day, he didn't appear the least bit impaired on the video.

He really doesn't get it. He just doesn't get it. For him to think his living would have a "positive effect" on his daughters, he's nutty as hell. How humiliating and horrible and embarrassing and disgusting for them to have to go through life with people knowing their father did this. I would bet they'd be glad to see him assume room temperature.

I have a granddaughter 11 y.o. and cannot imagine how anyone could feel sympathy for this poor excuse for a human being. As for his "begging God for forgiveness," I suspect that is the only place he will find it. Is Old Sparky up and running by now?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back