GUILTY FL - Casei Jones, 32 & her four young children, murdered, Marion County, August 2019 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Man... I’m torn. F the media for hounding grieving family and displaying their grief for views. The same info could be relayed via text story and keep this poor woman’s unfathomable pain in private. But at the same time, we are detached from that grief sometimes, and it needs to be seen and processed. Idk.

I’m very confused on the family tree here though.

What was casei’s maiden name? This woman claims to be her mother but shares a last name with the husband???

WFTV Orlando News just said he would be back in Fl. in about a week.
I wonder if we'll hear anymore about his past
life. Did he get an honorable discharge from
the Navy? Or was he thrown out?
Has he ever worked since she married him or
was he a freeloader?

I saw mentioned on a family members page that he served in the navy but was was never deployed.

Sooo... I don’t buy a PTSD issue from NAVY service at home being the culprit in this case. the US absolutely has to get their stuff together regarding mental health services in general... but this shouldn’t relate back to military service.
DH was a marine for two tours in Iraq. He suffers from pretty severe PTSD- and is very actively involved in outreach and rehabilitation programs... no one kills themselves let alone their family over time served on US soil without it being a coincidence to serious underlying issues.

I wonder if his real name is
Michael Wayne Smith Jr.

Something weird with this ghost of a monster.
I think JMO He was a runner when they married.
I think she caught on to this monster.
She saw the real monster.
The monster killed her before she could get away. Along with leaving his lies behind before moving on.
He killed this chapter of his life.
This monster's past needs to be vetted.

I’m assuming that’s his name. Because FL has pretty easily accessible records.
It would already be out if it wasn’t his real name.

I’ve been through Marion county records already and it appears the dude that might be his dad had 3+ marriages- 2 of which to the same lady??? A bankruptcy or two... the list goes on.

My bet is Michael has been a troubled person for a very long time. And fallen through the cracks. Juuuuust able to pass as a stable human who could have a wife and kids and house etc. and finally he snapped. Whether that was because of the eviction, money problems in general, steroid or drug use, a lover on his side or even hers... doesn’t matter. A monster walked among us. Married a nice lady. Made a life with her and then lost it.

It scares us because we can’t fathom the evil it would take to commit these kinds of atrocities . But it happens every single day.

According to our partners at the Elkhart Truth, Casei Jones graduated from Elkhart Memorial High School in 2005. Her mother, (NJ), told the newspaper their family lived in Goshen and Elkhart for 37 years before she moved to Florida about 10 years ago. She lived near her daughter, who she called a loving and caring person.

"She would give you the shirt off her back," she said. "She had the most beautiful smile. I'm just shattered. People don't know how heartbroken I am."

She (NJ) said she would regularly video chat with her daughter and grandchildren, but she would receive text messages that suggested Casei was sick and couldn't do a video chat.
Slain Florida mother grew up in Elkhart

Hate to serial post here but just finally made a user name over this case- although I’ve been lurking for years.

Crap I’ve edited this so many times sorry!!!
This comment should have had a reply.ugh still didn’t work. In reply to the video of the grieving mom

Basically...
Wtf does the family tree look like? I’m confused why the grieving woman here is claiming CJ as her daughter but shares a last name?
I’m in no place to judge someone else’s grief (and to be honest I think im super torn that they aired this at all. On the one hand it’s good to see, obviously, and relatable humans suffer from loss... but on the other, people should be allowed their privacy in the hours and days and even weeks after such profound loss!!!) and it may well be she’s not casei”s bio mom... but she/the editing makes it seem she is her bio mom?? Why would she also be a jones?
Not to be crass or classist or racist or anything of the sort- but...
Statistically.. logically... a couple with a blended family with kids that have different last names, living in a trailer in Ocala is HIGHLY unlikely to have Michael take casei’s last name in marriage- and if he did it wouldnt be “jr” anymore. She would be casei jones (because married Michael jones jr) survived by mom *advertiser censored*. I’m quite confused by this. Anyone have any insight?

Last edited:

I’ve been through Marion county records already and it appears the dude that might be his dad had 3+ marriages- 2 of which to the same lady??? A bankruptcy or two... the list goes on.

My bet is Michael has been a troubled person for a very long time. And fallen through the cracks. Juuuuust able to pass as a stable human who could have a wife and kids and house etc. and finally he snapped. Whether that was because of the eviction, money problems in general, steroid or drug use, a lover on his side or even hers... doesn’t matter. A monster walked among us. Married a nice lady. Made a life with her and then lost it.

It scares us because we can’t fathom the evil it would take to commit these kinds of atrocities . But it happens every single day.
I am in FL.
Right now not far from Ocala.
A darkness over the community.
Have you connected MWJ Jr. DOB 5-1-81 to any past crimes in other states?
Georgia had him on Fleeing Justice.
I can assume he was fleeing Justice with a deceased wife in her van. Wonder who rented the u-haul if his licences was suspended.

I haven’t looked i
I am in FL.
I can assume he was fleeing Justice with a deceased wife in her van. Wonder who rented the u-haul if his licences was suspended.
nto any

I am in FL.
I haven’t looked but this is a really good point!
I remember moving from Florida over ten years ago and having a hard time because I wanted to use a debit card at the uhaul counter but my name on my license was still my maiden name (just got married- moving states, didn’t bother to change it) and had to use my credit card that I HADNT changed yet instead) They definitely check your license so... obviously not just name, but run it to see if it’s valid. good point!!!

I haven’t looked but this is a really good point!
I remember moving from Florida over ten years ago and having a hard time because I wanted to use a debit card at the uhaul counter but my name on my license was still my maiden name (just got married- moving states, didn’t bother to change it) and had to use my credit card that I HADNT changed yet instead) They definitely check your license so... obviously not just name, but run it to see if it’s valid. good point!!!
So neighbors spotted the U -haul during the week-end associated with Hurrican watch Dorian. this info is located in MSM link.
MCSO LE I am sure are already on this. My take is MOO they have that info. So if the rental trailer was empty and he was located in Georgia many weeks later, what did he do with the belongings moved out of that rental property? Maybe MOO. The eviction was at another property? Was any belonging ever in the past 2 months moved into their last address known?
I am trying to get a jump on the time line. Why did he take those precious children and dump in woods alone in Georgia? Why did he have the mommy still with him?
I think JMO He killed her and her two sons which old enough to witness. Then kept the two smaller ones alive only to murder them at a later time.
I am hoping LE has the U-haul already.
I know I will never understand the evil of this. But we need to learn from the case's. My hope is because of this case someone is being saved or saving their children and themselves tonight.
If you know someone who maybe in danger of DV please report and get involved in sharing real time cases like these. It's too late for Carei and her 4 babies. But please reach out to someone before it's too late. Call them give them a Codeword. That way if your daughter or son does not know Codeword it's not them.
Steph/out
I bid you all comfort for a better tomorrow.
Justice for ALL

I'm guessing the wife was threatening to leave
him- she knew he was a failure- no job- no income- no help in paying bills. He was also
a domestic violence abuser. She was tired of it
and was planning to leave- with the children.
He was into power and control and now Revenge.
He kills the major threat first- his wife then her
2 kids. then later on his 2 kids.
Her family saw the red flags but CJ wouldn't
listen. Usually there are clues to these murders
long in advance.
moo

Hate to serial post here but just finally made a user name over this case- although I’ve been lurking for years.

Crap I’ve edited this so many times sorry!!!
This comment should have had a reply.ugh still didn’t work. In reply to the video of the grieving mom

Basically...
Wtf does the family tree look like? I’m confused why the grieving woman here is claiming CJ as her daughter but shares a last name?
I’m in no place to judge someone else’s grief (and to be honest I think im super torn that they aired this at all. On the one hand it’s good to see, obviously, and relatable humans suffer from loss... but on the other, people should be allowed their privacy in the hours and days and even weeks after such profound loss!!!) and it may well be she’s not casei”s bio mom... but she/the editing makes it seem she is her bio mom?? Why would she also be a jones?
Not to be crass or classist or racist or anything of the sort- but...
Statistically.. logically... a couple with a blended family with kids that have different last names, living in a trailer in Ocala is HIGHLY unlikely to have Michael take casei’s last name in marriage- and if he did it wouldnt be “jr” anymore. She would be casei jones (because married Michael jones jr) survived by mom *advertiser censored*. I’m quite confused by this. Anyone have any insight?

Welcome to WS.

Welcome @Cierale86.

I see you are new and have just posted your first post. You may want to visit the terms and conditions at this site.

Terms of Service & The Rules

"Do not link to social networking pages of people who have not been named by LE as suspects. The few exceptions are victims' pages, and LE or MSM pages. "

BBM
I agree. Upon browsing his FB, I got the same impression. It appears that he's trying too hard. There's a look about him that is hard to explain. There are lots of folks, who go through crisis of various kinds, while struggling with mental health problems, yet they don't murder their family.

It seems he did work, and if it's his work, that's displayed on his FB, he was good at what he did. In one photo CJ even mentions his hands, and him being a hard worker.

I’m wondering was he wanting to be caught? He stated to police “you may want to put me in cuffs, there is a body in the trunk” was he swerving because he was drunk? Or was it just because he was wanting to be caught?

I’m wondering was he wanting to be caught? He stated to police “you may want to put me in cuffs, there is a body in the trunk” was he swerving because he was drunk? Or was it just because he was wanting to be caught?

Maybe he tried to kill himself by running off the road into a treeline?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vinzstel
Back