GUILTY FL - Chance Walsh, 7 wks, North Port, 7 Oct 2015 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mods, maybe we could have a "bad words and ranting" thread in the basement? :lol:

We really ARE trying to be good, but these people have pushed most of us to our limits.

Thank you for the leeway you have given us thus far to discuss comments in a responsible way.

It's not stupid at all. There was no reason that animal needed to die. In fact, KB and JW should be charged for that too. I don't even know if there is a law about that but they should find one and charge them for it.

Ya know, that has always bothered me. It was not like searching a house or abandoned car. It makes me think these junkie POSs lied and told LE that "a gator ate mah baby". Otherwise, really? Why would LE trap and cut open a gator looking for a baby that you KNOW they already KNEW those turds murdered?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by EllieBee

Also, and I am not saying this is always the case, but often criminal tendencies are learned and accepted as normal stuff in dysfunctional families.

I am not excusing what these awful people did, but sometimes people like these were raised in less-than-lawful or healthy households and the examples they had to follow were not so good.

NOT saying it is the case here, but that often it is a pattern. I guess we will find out more very soon, thank you State of Florida.

MOO

Word. We do see that same pattern over and over again here, don't we? I see early indicators of that pattern starting to come out now in MS media, so I think it's more likely than not that you will be proven correct. Again. Sadly.

Yes, we do see it. My thought when we were discussing KB's need to be the center of attention, etc., made me think -- giving ab-so-lute-ly no mitigation or pity or anything good to KB -- is that she was prolly neglected as a child and she craved it. During her pregnancies, it was How are you feeling? Oh, you look so good! What a good mom you're gonna be, blah, blah blah. And then that baby comes and he is the object of attention. Not likin' dat.

Whoa, that whole bunch of 'em. Dayam.

Yes, we do see it. My thought when we were discussing KB's need to be the center of attention, etc., made me think -- giving ab-so-lute-ly no mitigation or pity or anything good to KB -- is that she was prolly neglected as a child and she craved it. During her pregnancies, it was How are you feeling? Oh, you look so good! What a good mom you're gonna be, blah, blah blah. And then that baby comes and he is the object of attention. Not likin' dat.

Whoa, that whole bunch of 'em. Dayam.

Your post is spot on. Read this poem KB wrote about her mother.

http://www.booksie.com/poetry/poetry/kristen_millwater/my-mother-was

That is one sad poem. She is obviously in so much pain. No excuses for what she did to (or did not do to protect him) Chance but it is sad that these are her memories.

If any of that stuff she wrote about is even true? Or was it another way to get the attention she seems to so badly crave? If she had a crappy upbringing wouldn't that make her more empathetic to her own babies? And she could of always picked up the phone and got help for her mental state.
Well she sure has attention now, but in a way that should haunt her forever if she even has a conscience?
When as adults we make choices we have to own those choices and be accountable for them and learn from them, and stop blaming everyone else for our choices. The woman is what, 32 years old? She certainly isn't an irresponsible teenager that's for sure. She will now have to own her actions.

Was KB ever diagnosed as being mentally ill? Was she on medication for mental illness? Was her treating Dr. during pregnancy aware of any mental illness? I am just thinking of the case where the woman in England was mentally ill and walked out of the hospital with her newborn baby and jumped off a cliff and killing both her herself & her newborn baby.
Sometimes they go off their medication when mentally ill and pregnant which can have dire consequences if used to taking the drugs for their illness and they abruptly cease to take the meds. But if KB was feeling a need to harm her baby why was there no intervention of any kind?

My mind keeps going to a really dark place and hard as I try to not go there, I think this baby suffered unspeakable pain.

I agree with what you said in an earlier post about taking a break. I am afraid of my anger right now. This is not who I am.

About the only thing that keeps my head from blowing up in these cases, is to think that these little ones passed out and did not feel a lot of the pain, etc. A body can just take so much & I think an infant's system would be much more protective of itself than an adult's system -- and the baby's system would not be as skilled yet in dealing with it. So the baby's system simply checks out in a deep sleep. I'm hoping that their little souls floated up and were gone earlier than their bodies. It helps most of the time.

About the only thing that keeps my head from blowing up in these cases, is to think that these little ones passed out and did not feel a lot of the pain, etc. A body can just take so much & I think an infant's system would be much more protective of itself than an adult's system -- and the baby's system would not be as skilled yet in dealing with it. So the baby's system simply checks out in a deep sleep. I'm hoping that their little souls floated up and were gone earlier than their bodies. It helps most of the time.

I agree and it is horrible for us to even contemplate what some of these poor babies have to endure at the hands of an adult. But i do know that when there is bad trauma to the physical body the body releases endorphins that act as an anaesthetic, and pain is not felt right away. I just have to think of when i have had an injury and it wasn't even that bad, that i didn't feel anything but the thud of a knife as i cut my finger while cutting up vegetables to prep for dinner. The pain came soon after but not straight away. So our bodies do have protective mechanisms built in and shock is also another protective mechanism from feeling or processing something straightaway.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by EllieBee

My mind keeps going to a really dark place and hard as I try to not go there, I think this baby suffered unspeakable pain.

I agree with what you said in an earlier post about taking a break. I am afraid of my anger right now. This is not who I am.

I know it's not who you are. It's not who I am either. But at this moment I understand the mentality behind lynch mobs. It makes me uncomfortable and afraid, too, but I will not allow my rage to make me abandon Chance. No matter how horrible I feel about myself right now.

I think our anger is normal, EllieBee. But yes, it does feel awful.

These cases make us all feel mean and angry and primitive and not-who-we-are. We cannot comprehend savagery of this sort, and that is what saves our sanity & our souls.

But --

I think we need to stay with these cases -- knowing we can shut the computer down for as long as we wish, and doing it when we have to -- because we feel that we have to stand for the littlest of us. Somehow, there was no one there to stop the monster(s) who were being so cruel, selfish and unfeeling -- but we can make these cases more public and known so that maybe one day we will be celebrating the what-could-have-been-but-wasn't. We weren't there to stop it; we aren't there to protest it or to legislate it or to prosecute it; but we can be where we are to raise it to our representatives, to work in shelters, to tell about it in prayer groups or Scouts or Clubs, or just to cry about it sometimes.

It makes us more aware and it energizes us. If we see something in a parking lot or at the grocery store or in Target, etc., that doesn't "look right," then it might make us say something like, "Would you like to just sit and talk and take a break from [screaming at your child, or whatever]? I'll be glad to sit with you & have a quiet time, or just to listen." And to report it if we are in a position that demands it.

Some form of those kinds of things we can do. And we can stand witness for these little ones who could never witness for themselves.

KB never talked about treatment for mental illness, only her substance abuse recovery group. It looks like she stopped going to AA/NA shortly after she met JW.

KB never talked about treatment for mental illness, only her substance abuse recovery group. It looks like she stopped going to AA/NA shortly after she met JW.

Thanks CG for clarifying about that. I wasn't sure because someone mentioned upthread about her being Bipolar. Her substance abuse was probably bad enough.

Mods, maybe we could have a "bad words and ranting" thread in the basement? :lol:

We really ARE trying to be good, but these people have pushed most of us to our limits.

Thank you for the leeway you have given us thus far to discuss comments in a responsible way.

I've just looked at the basement thread, doesn't look like it gets used much (nothing for 5 weeks), I thought there'd be all sorts going on down there! Am I looking in the wrong place?

I've just looked at the basement thread, doesn't look like it gets used much (nothing for 5 weeks), I thought there'd be all sorts going on down there! Am I looking in the wrong place?

Lol, I don't actually know. I've only been here a few months and seldom peek down there!

Ya know, that has always bothered me. It was not like searching a house or abandoned car. It makes me think these junkie POSs lied and told LE that "a gator ate mah baby". Otherwise, really? Why would LE trap and cut open a gator looking for a baby that you KNOW they already KNEW those turds murdered?
BBM:
Where is a Dingo when you need one. oops, wrong country.

I agree with the Gator killing; should not have happened at all, period.

How do I get there?
The Blood Spray could be from IV drug use and that's what they found with Chance.
I'm sure a cadaver dog was used in that house.

The sids was mentioned in duanes case.
That's right. I got her excuses and kids confused.
Three kids, all gone.
All of those people out the
Lol, I don't actually know. I've only been here a few months and seldom peek down there!

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

I have been thinking over and over about the place they chose to bury Chance. Did LE or anyone ever say if it was an area one of them used to live in or had friends or relatives near there? Why that place?

If any of that stuff she wrote about is even true? Or was it another way to get the attention she seems to so badly crave? If she had a crappy upbringing wouldn't that make her more empathetic to her own babies? And she could of always picked up the phone and got help for her mental state.
Well she sure has attention now, but in a way that should haunt her forever if she even has a conscience?
When as adults we make choices we have to own those choices and be accountable for them and learn from them, and stop blaming everyone else for our choices. The woman is what, 32 years old? She certainly isn't an irresponsible teenager that's for sure. She will now have to own her actions.

In most cases, yes. In fact, the "cycle of abuse" thing is largely a myth. Four out of five abuse survivors never hurt a child. The risk of child abuse may be higher in those who were abused, but researchers aren't necessarily sure if that's due to other factors that could also be inherited (alcoholism, drug abuse, mental health issues).

And if she's blaming murdering her child on her childhood abuse, I have nothing but disgust for her. Abusive childhoods cast long, long shadows over a person's life, but in the majority of cases, survivors turn that hurt and anger inward -- not outward. And certainly not on their children.

I know this is stupid, but I feel sorry for the alligator that was euthanized for no reason. He was just minding his own business and bam. Too bad, so sad for him. I understand and agree with the logic, but it sad to see an animal killed for what turned out to be no reason.

Wow, I'm all over the place, aren't I?

I agree. They've left nothing but death and destruction in their wake with numerous children and definitely this one animal (and possibly others, given the dog). They're, quite honestly, what everyone says to watch for in serial killers. Who knows what these two could have become if not caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elenabarlow