GUILTY FL - Chance Walsh, 7 wks, North Port, 7 Oct 2015 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks to be a memorial ceremony only. There is no mention of burial. I suspect Chance's body has not yet been released to the family from the ME's office. I hate to say this, but Chance's body is police evidence and will likely not be released until LE is certain they have obtained all available evidence from the remains. That could take some time if they are awaiting test results, toxicology or special studies. I'm sure LE would hate to release the remains only to have to dig Chance up again later.

Ugh. We should never have to talk about the body of an infant as "evidence". It's just horrible beyond description.

That's just what I was thinking -- all of it. Yet, other murder victims' bodies are released pending test results. I'm curious what circumstances make this case different, and I'm afraid it has to do with the nature and extent of the injuries, and an inability to identify their causes. Perhaps the fact that Chance was such a young infant adds to the difficulty. I don't know.

That's just what I was thinking -- all of it. Yet, other murder victims' bodies are released pending test results. I'm curious what circumstances make this case different, and I'm afraid it has to do with the nature and extent of the injuries, and an inability to identify their causes. Perhaps the fact that Chance was such a young infant adds to the difficulty. I don't know.

I'm also wondering if one of the two charged may be requesting an independant autopsy(?)

I don't know, either, but it makes me very sad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T807A using Tapatalk

Thank you for the link -- lots of sweet pictures in the comments on the obituary. I'm glad to see that he did experience love during his brief time here and was held, kissed and cherished by those who loved him.

The picture of him in his crib brought tears to my eyes, to think of him lying there for days after his parents harmed his little body.

And am I wrong or did I not read that he was just 7lbs at 9 weeks? His birth weight according to those photos was 6lbs, 13oz. Or am I thinking of Duane being 7lbs at his death?

I have spent all this rainy day reading and getting caught up. So sad. Baby Chance is beautiful.
The things these sub human creatures did to this baby is too horrible for me to wrap my mind around.
I know the ME said Poor baby Duane died of natural causes but I just do not think so. I believe he/she/they killed him or neglected him so horridly that he died. I hope they look further into his death.
When the egg donor says she hated Chance because he wasn't like Duane, does she mean because he lived longer?. I am afraid she does.
It is frightening.... The evil that walks among us.

Will we be able to see when the creepers go to court ? Do we know ahead of time if media can be there ? I wonder if the prosecution will have more info about how Chance died . I'm not too sure I can watch something like that .

Same here in the UK. The midwife comes every few days to your home for a couple of weeks, then when she's happy that the baby is feeding and gaining weight, and that the mum is getting on OK, she signs over to the health visitor who dies at least one home visit and is available to call on at any time for advice. In my town there is a health clinic where you could drop in anytime and see a health visitor (who are qualified nurses). Of course KB wouldn't have bothered to go there, but the home visits are compulsory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately, the healthcare system in the US is waaaay too f'ed up for this to be an option that I foresee being available within my lifetime.

Very new here-in fact this is my first post. I believe I have read everything up until now but I haven't read anything about their charges being reduced. What gives??

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/30403860/funeral-for-baby-chance-walsh-today

Welcome llake! Great 1st post. From your link;
The nine-week-old's body was found in a wooded area near North Port two weeks ago. His parents, Kristen Bury and Joseph Walsh, are jailed in Sarasota and charged in his death. NBC2 learned Sunday that charges for both have been reduced from first-degree murder. Bury is now charged with manslaughter, and Walsh with second-degree murder.

Prosecutors must feel that they cannot get a conviction on 1st degree murder.

Rest in Peace, baby Chance. Justice is coming.

Prosecutors must feel that they cannot get a conviction on 1st degree murder.

Rest in Peace, baby Chance. Justice is coming.
That doesn't make a lick of sense

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

So, would these reduced charges mean they are buying her side of the story?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peachstatesleuth