GUILTY FL - Charles Kinsey, autistic caregiver, North Miami, July 2016 -guilty of misdemeanor

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
LE as a whole is not responsible for this incident, the officer in question is. Either the officer did not follow his training, or.... he lost control. Either way he should be held accountable for his actions, removed from the force, and charged. Many people, without malice hit someone in the street or have an accident and kill someone, they are charged, it must be heard by the courts.

Now if its found that he did not have adequate training, then his dept up the line is to be held responsible. I believe this officer had his finger on the trigger (which you never do unless you are going to shoot), that combined with an adrenaline dump, I think he messed up. I hope he will come clean on it. IMHO

The officer in question and the detachment he works out of is responsible. He's not alone - someone sent him out there.

The officer, the people he reports to and those responsible for conducting justice in a court will come clean? We'll see.

Jmo.

It was an accidental shooting. It could happen to black people, white people, brown people, old people, young people. Even invisible people. jmo

Then I guess then he accidentally handcuffed the victim, and accidentally left him laying on the ground for 20 minutes to bleed out before getting him any medical help.<modsnip>

Then I guess then he accidentally handcuffed the victim, and accidentally left him laying on the ground for 20 minutes to bleed out before getting him any medical help. <modsnip>

Yeah, what was THAT about? It makes zero sense! By then they understood the situation. Did they think the victim was going to attack them with his bare hands?

Absolutely. They can't say they were in danger or the two were advancing at the officers or at anyone else.

Without the video I wonder how different the story would be.

You are so correct &#8252;&#65039;

Hope everyone has seen Kinsey describe what happened from his bedside in the hospital. I was just in shock.

The video captured alone will incriminate him, I think. The poor autistic boy/man just sitting there with a toy truck. He didn't understand what was going on &#128557;

On tv the PO was asked(from unknown source)why he shot the innocent civilian, he said "I don't know". God help him. I don't have a link sorry, but will try to find one.

As of this time I hope the LE is sitting in jail, because imo he is guilty as h*ll. Mr Kinsey followed the instructions when approached by any LE.

I will be interested to see how this plays out, I'm sad it happened but thankful everyone is alive

Until I hear more(which I think I've seen and heard enough)I will try to keep an open mind. However, as it has been stated before there are good people and bad people &#128545;

All JMHO &#128046;

Kudos to the caretaker by the way. He put himself in danger to protect one of our most vulnerable citizens. This is a very bad shooting I agree. Some folks just shouldn't be cops. I hope that this officer is removed from the force, and punished according to the law.

It still doesn't change how I feel in general, you all know I'm a fierce defender of LE.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Unarmed Therapist Shot by North Miami Police While Trying to Calm Patient With Autism

POSTED 8:29 PM, JULY 20, 2016
UPDATED AT 08:45PM, JULY 20, 2016

Video released Wednesday shows the moment before North Miami police shot an unarmed, behavioral therapist as he tried to calm a man with autism, according to WSVN.

Still recovering in a hospital bed, Charles Kinsey is now talking about what happened in that cellphone video recorded Monday.

<modsnip>http://ktla.com/2016/07/20/unarmed-therapist-shot-by-police-while-trying-to-calm-autistic-man/

Apologies if already posted jmo

This is from the NBC Nightly News Twitter Acct

NEW: Police union: Officer was trying to shoot other man, not #CharlesKinsey; thought man was armed and Kinsey's life was in danger.

NEW: Police union: Officer was trying to shoot other man, not #CharlesKinsey; thought man was armed and Kinsey's life was in danger.

All the more reason to dismiss and prosecute this officer.

[video=twitter;756217068643504128]https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/756217068643504128[/video]

This is just crazy. How is it better to have attempted to shoot an unarmed autistic man.

1) Someone called 911 and said there was a man in the road with a gun threatening to kill himself. As the Chief said, the officer's that responded had that in mind as they approached the scene.

2) They arrive and see one man holding something in his hands, sitting in the road..and the other man (Kinsey) laying down beside the man with something in his hand, with his hands up.

3) The man laying down with his hands up was screaming (who knows what the officer's heard or not)

4) The officer (WRONGLY, after the fact) shot at the person who had something in his hand while the other man was still laying in the road with his hands up, screaming. The officer missed the person with something in his hand, and hit the other man instead. (BAD AIM)

5) It's really easy for keyboard warriors to say what they would do in a life and death situation (in the officer's minds) when they are safely tucked away behind a keyboard/computer/phone, whatever.

6) This should have been #1 but thank GOD this man is alive and will recover. I hope he gets a ton of money from North Miami. I also hope the cop gets fired. I don't believe he'll be charged.

7) This was an accident. Not malicious, not intentional, not criminal. IMO

Have a great day.

that worked before cell phones. No longer. We can all watch, determine that there was nothing that happened, resulting in an officer being threatened - all these are on video - it blows me away when the media turns this into "debates" noone was threatened in this instance, except for the poor guys with his hands reaching for the clouds, ended up being shot.

And or great, an officer cant determine that he is dealing with a mentally ill person, with a toy, talking to himself, making his toy fly around his head, and this guy concudes he is grave danger to shoot?

Autism translates to basically, cease developing at a young age -- basically, if the dude cant tell that the person is ill, he needs to find another job, get some training. He is, sadly, if there is any truth to this, lucky he was a cop that can not shoot correctly from 8 feet away.

Can you imagine if he shot a person suffering with autistic

goodness

1) Someone called 911 and said there was a man in the road with a gun threatening to kill himself. As the Chief said, the officer's that responded had that in mind as they approached the scene.

2) They arrive and see one man holding something in his hands, sitting in the road..and the other man (Kinsey) laying down beside the man with something in his hand, with his hands up.

3) The man laying down with his hands up was screaming (who knows what the officer's heard or not)

4) The officer (WRONGLY, after the fact) shot at the person who had something in his hand while the other man was still laying in the road with his hands up, screaming. The officer missed the person with something in his hand, and hit the other man instead. (BAD AIM)

5) It's really easy for keyboard warriors to say what they would do in a life and death situation (in the officer's minds) when they are safely tucked away behind a keyboard/computer/phone, whatever.

6) This should have been #1 but thank GOD this man is alive and will recover. I hope he gets a ton of money from North Miami. I also hope the cop gets fired. I don't believe he'll be charged.

Have a great day.

Item 1 is something we have not had confirmed. Where is the tape? Two brave officers rushed out of Times Square today with what could have been a bomb that was tossed into their vehicle. We have video etc on that already. Names, interviews - all sorts of info.

Then why couldn't police tell that the patient was autistic or diminished capacity of some kind, simply by observing? And why didn't the police believe the behavioral therapist when he identified himself and his patient? It sounds like the cop that fired was scared and did not use his best judgement. It bothers me that there were 2 officers there and this happened. So frustratingly awful.

Where is General Honore when we need him? He told the National Guard to put their weapons down during Katrina as it was not what the people needed.

Item 1 is something we have not had confirmed. Where is the tape? Two brave officers rushed out of Times Square today with what could have been a bomb that was tossed into their vehicle. We have video etc on that already. Names, interviews - all sorts of info.

I am very curious about the 911 call. Did the caller identify who was suicidal? When the officers saw two people why did they jump to the conclusion the suicidal person was now going to shoot someone else? He was not threatening anyone and they said they negotiated - why were they not able to then figure out what was really going on?

If it turns out you can make a call to 911 and get someone shot... that is a very dangerous game.

This is a dedicated thread for discussion of this case only --- an autistic man's caregiver shot by police. Please stop trying to drag other cases into this discussion.

Off-topic and snarky posts have been removed. STAY ON TOPIC !!

Have a great day.

Where I get lost in all this ,is, if this was two private citizens, and I accidenlty shot someone, I would not be able to say oppsss and walk away. I would get charged.

IMO, its worse, when supposedly trained to be able to ascertain "threats". Nothing looks threatening -- so how can oppssss mean no charges??

The victim is lucky that the cops aim was not higher up and oppssss hit em in the heart - you know what I mean!!

JMO
This is even worse than I thought.

Now we have the officer admitting to trying to shoot a person with a toy and missing.

CWP training teaches us to identify your target and to also know what is in front of and behind the target before shooting.

The officer failed in both regards. He didn't properly identify that the target was a non-threat and he didn't have a clear line of fire without killing or hurting some innocent person.

He really needs to be immediately removed from the force and appropriate legal actions taken.

He has proven he cannot handle his job. LE encounters these types of situations and they are expected to be able to properly handle them. What this incident has shown us is that this particular officer cannot handle it. It shows us that the next time he feels threatened by someone then he will carelessly endanger others. The next time it maybe a mom with a baby in a stroller getting shot because the older brother had a black toy water pistol.

Seriously it is inexcusable. And he has already proved he is not suited for the job.

It is confirmed. It came from the Chief. Did you not watch the presser I posted upthread? :confused:

And yes, I was extremely pleased about the outcome in New York today.

I will also add that I was not at all impressed with the new Chief from North Miami during that presser.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CAC6968
Back