GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm bad too, I always say dollar store referring to both!

Hope it didn't sound petty. When JaxFlaGal was measuring miles, didn't know if it mattered, if it was Dollar Store or Dollar General on locations/miles. :blushing:

I'm not trying to bash the mom but it blows my mind that she names a child "Charish" and yet fails to cherish the child enough to protect her.

BBM. I think this is an assumption too far. She may simply not be very bright or very worldly, or she may have had a lapse in judgement for any number of reasons. At any rate, I think it's fair to say she's been amply punished.

Charish's mother is going to need an awful lot of counseling to make it through this whole. She trusted this guy, no doubt because he seemed so kind and harmless. Whole thing is horrifyingly sad.

I praying for all of Charish's family and friends. They will need a huge amount of time to get over this.

:rose:Charish:rose: You are in a safe place now.

Ok, after some more research with the help of Duval County public records, I located family names via Cherish's mom's 5-year old paternity suit against Charish's father. From that I was able to locate an address for the mother that's less than a mile from the Dollar General where this monster met the family at. She that Dollar General is at a spot she'd be familiar with, from living nearby it either now or at some point in her past.

I will NOT post any of those names or addresses unless they are made public by press sources first, so don't ask. I've been a WS member since 2007 but rarely post, so I want to ensure I stay within TOS with my novice posting skills.

Update: I will clarify the spelling of the girl's name. The news sources are still spelling this girl's name a few different ways. According to the statement the local news quoted from her dad's attorney's facebook page, it's Charish Perrywinkle (not Perriwinkle). Perrywinkle was also the spelling I saw in the Duval County public records I mention in my first paragraph.

Per the press conference video above, they (the family) met and befriended in the Dollar General, and then he took them to Walmart under the ruse that he would buy the family clothes because they were down on their luck.

This is just a stunning case because mom just happily let her daughter go with a stranger. I can't even wrap my mind around that. I'm not trying to bash the mom but it blows my mind that she names a child "Charish" and yet fails to cherish the child enough to protect her. Simple common sense was all that was needed to prevent this. That poor baby, what she must have gone thru, knowing that her mom had handed her over so easily.

I honestly can't say more because I will go off on a tangent.

This is a bit harsh. Every one of us has made a decision at some point in our lives that could have ended tragically. Most of us got lucky and didn't pay with our life or the life of a loved one. But we've all been guilty of bad judgment in one way or another.

Hope it didn't sound petty. When JaxFlaGal was measuring miles, didn't know if it mattered, if it was Dollar Store or Dollar General on locations/miles. :blushing:

No worries, I didn't see it as petty at all. In my haste I was not accurate, and there are stores by both names around here. So it did matter, and I corrected it with no offense taken. :)

@ericarakow: Man who lives across the street tells me the child's stepfather was worried they hadn't come home. Says he drove him to Wal-Mart @wjxt4

BBM. I think this is an assumption too far. She may simply not be very bright or very worldly, or she may have had a lapse in judgement for any number of reasons. At any rate, I think it's fair to say she's been amply punished.

Or very trusting!

What a monster. The poor mum probably felt all her Christmases had come at once, the kids would have some clothes, that there was one thing less she would have to worry about. :(
How do you go on? :(

This just makes me mad. Mad that this sick was free to hurt another child and mad that her mother let her go with a stranger. Argh!
I hope he rots.

Prior to the alleged abduction Friday night, Smith, 56, befriended Charish and her mother at a dollar store, and “offered to take them to Wal-Mart and buy her family some clothes,” Williams said.

“They appeared to be down on their luck and he could help them out.”

After spending a couple hours inside the Wal-Mart together, Smith offered to buy hamburgers and walked with Charish to the front of the store, Williams said.

Instead of stopping to buy the snack, Smith walked Charish outside and the two of them got into his van, Williams said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...c5ab9c-db53-11e2-b418-9dfa095e125d_story.html

Erica Rakow ‏@ericarakow 2h
PIC OF POLICE REPORT! Here's how this all started last night-- may need to zoom in @wjxt4 pic.twitter.com/BCo9lkIl4B

BNYzbo_CAAAH6L1.jpg

I think all Sex Offenders need to have a tattoo on their face indentifying them as such.
The Cheek. That way it cant be hidden!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member