GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
News4Jax ‏@wjxt4 50s
Mother of 8 yr old #Charish Perriwinkle met Smith at a Dollar General last night around 7pm.

Stephanie Brown ‏@NewsAndNom 2m
Donald James Smith has been charged with kidnapping AND murder of 8y/o Charish Perriwinkle, although body ID not confirmed by ME

Im not up on this case I just started reading it.

If mom works and this is the only time she can go to Walmart she takes her kids because maybe there is no one to leave them with. Its summertime there is no school.
Not all kids go to bed early.

Many parents let their kids roam freely thru Walmart. I see kids in the toy aisle or the pet food aisle they are looking at the fish! I see kids alone all over walmart!

Mcdonalds is not outside of the store it inside!

No!!!!!! Mom should not have trusted this man and she is paying the ultimate price for he decision.

Questioning of smith is over, wonder if he Lawyered up?

Questioning is over. He invoked.

He offered to buy Charish clothes because family is down on their luck? Didn't quite catch that part.

Went to Walmart together, was in store for couple hours. She meet him earlier at the dollar store.

They were in the store together for several hours, and then he offered to buy Charish food at the McDonald's in the store. Instead of McDonald's, they walked out the door.

On presser, Officer stated that "they went into Walmart together". Did he mean the little girl's mother and the murderer were together?

Here are my notes from the presser:

11:20 PM call to JSO from the mother. Around 7 PM Friday night he had befriended the mother at a DOllar General store 1610 Edgewood Avene. He offered to take her to Wal-Mart to buy her clothes, they rode together, they were together for a couple hours in the Wal-Mart store before he took the girl to the McDonald's.
Located on 95 because an officer working a traffic accident saw the van and alerted other police and they shut down 95 and exits to take him into custody.Around the same time, they got a citizen call of suspicious van in 2100 block Broward road, when police arrived there was not a van there. Canine unit called in and found her body.Find was due to the call, not from any statement from him.
Q&A:
charged w/Murder.
He has invoked, no questions answered.
She met him at an 1610 Edgewood Avenue West 7 PM that night (Dollar store).
They won't talk about contents of van or at church.
The other kids 4 and 5 they are still in her custody.
They had just verified his address and had contact w/him there at that address Friday morning as normal process. They verify sex offenders once per year, predators once per month (he's an offender).
Nearness to school - no distance requirements for sex offenders, just for predators.

They were in Walmart for a couple of hours? What were they doing all that time? How do you keep a 4 and 5 yr old shopping for a couple of hrs in a walmart? Were they trying on clothes or something?

Actionnewsjax.com reported the child's father's been attempting to get custody from the mother for some time and was supposed to pick up Charish today for the summer.

According to Charley Project, in 1974, several young girls between the ages of 6 and 12 disappeared from the Jacksonville area. Two who were kidnapped together were believed killed by another perp, but the others remain unsolved:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/schoen_jean.html

Jean Marie Schon - 9

Virginia Suzanne Helm

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-53017.html

Rebecca Ann Greene - 12

http://search.jacksonville.com/fast...NN GREENE"&profile=jacksonville&type=standard

Donald Smith would have been age 18-19 back then. I hope they ask him a lot of questions about these cold cases.

Yes.. although as he's been involved in several unsuccessful attacks I doubt he's involved - if he was able to commit such a crime at that age and "get away with it" I wouldn't expect him to be making "mistakes" as he got older?

Here are my notes from the presser:

11:20 PM call to JSO from the mother. Around 7 PM Friday night he had befriended the mother at a DOllar General store 1610 Edgewood Avene. He offered to take her to Wal-Mart to buy her clothes, they rode together, they were together for a couple hours in the Wal-Mart store before he took the girl to the McDonald's.
Located on 95 because an officer working a traffic accident saw the van and alerted other police and they shut down 95 and exits to take him into custody.Around the same time, they got a citizen call of suspicious van in 2100 block Broward road, when police arrived there was not a van there. Canine unit called in and found her body.Find was due to the call, not from any statement from him.
Q&A:
charged w/Murder.
He has invoked, no questions answered.
She met him at an 1610 Edgewood Avenue West 7 PM that night (Dollar store).
They won't talk about contents of van or at church.
The other kids 4 and 5 they are still in her custody.
They had just verified his address and had contact w/him there at that address Friday morning as normal process. They verify sex offenders once per year, predators once per month (he's an offender).
Nearness to school - no distance requirements for sex offenders, just for predators

BBM-I found this interesting. I was not aware that there was a difference between a sexual offender and sexual predator.

I have less anger towards the poor mom now. She met him hours earlier and he probably seemed 'grandfatherly' and offered to help her out with clothes for the kids. I think he was probably very charming and slick and very convincing. RIP Sweet Charish. :rose:

They were in Walmart for a couple of hours? What were they doing all that time? How do you keep a 4 and 5 yr old shopping for a couple of hrs in a walmart? Were they trying on clothes or something?

According to the 3 PM presser, he had offered to buy the mother clothes at Wal-Mart. Trying on clothes or something like that makes sense.

iirc, he said 4 or 5 yr old girl. You are right though, can't imagine how these children were still shopping from 7-11 at night.

Actionnewsjax.com reported the child's father's been attempting to get custody from the mother for some time and was supposed to pick up Charish today for the summer.

Now that just breaks my heart. So near to safety :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member