GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just seeing this and finishing up reading the thread. How horrible tragic and sad!! If this guy was so creepy, why did mom let that little girl out of her sight! I just don't understand!! Why do people do such reckless things like this!? Now this innocent and precious little girl is dead! Rip Charish. What a beautiful little angel you are. I'm so sorry this happened to you.

From an interview this evening by local news with the mother:

more at this link: http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...Highlands-Baptist/oT9WC_Sw0kG2fhwfCYpblQ.cspx

Seriously? She was so creeped out by him, she got in his van with her CHILDREN, and let him follow them around for hours? All for some stuff? I have been destitute. No way, no how. I refuse to pretend this was a run of the mill bad decision. She darn near facilitated her daughter getting killed, with her complete stupidity and selfishness. For clothing? My lord. I hope CPS is all over this. I guess she thought her explanation would make her look better...? Wow.

I can understand children are easy to con,they are very trusting and really do not know all the bad things that happen to people like adults do.Most pay no attention to the news or read the newspaper so kids think everyone is okay unless they are taught otherwise.......Help me look for my lost puppy stuff but a parent of 3 children who is an adult should know better.Getting into a car with a virtual stranger is not something most moms do with 3 kids with them. It seems this mom made a series of big mistakes and her daughter died because of them.It took her 40 minutes to realize her daughter was with this man!!!! There has to be more to this story.

BBM: Yes- documented in police report...

Why? Why did she need to share exactly what happened to the media just a few hours after finding out her daughter was killed? I don't know if she is telling the truth about finding Smith creepy the entire time but the whole thing seems like she knows the country blames her, and she is trying to save face. I just don't see why that is a priority at this point though.

When you are 44-45 years old with 3 kids and a long time live in- a "creepy" 56 year old is not "grandfatherly" and "a blessing" that you & your kids spend hours with

I somehow missed that little tidbit - ....that it took 40 minutes for her to realize Charish was with this man!!!! OMG....it just keeps getting worse! All for some dayum clothes!!! Unreal. What is wrong with people?!!! Seriously! WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!!!

She thought this guys wife was going to pay for "stuff" at Dollar General with a WalMart gift card?

If it's true that Charish wanted a new dress.....it was probably to wear on the flight to see her daddy. :cry:

I somehow missed that little tidbit - ....that it took 40 minutes for her to realize Charish was with this man!!!! OMG....it just keeps getting worse! All for some dayum clothes!!! Unreal. What is wrong with people?!!! Seriously! WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!!!

Yet she claims:

"He asked if I wanted anything and I heard Cherish say 'cheeseburger.' I thought she stayed near me. I didn't realize she went with him. I didn't let her go with him like people think. He was creepy, so I wouldn't have let her go, I just didn't realize she was gone."

Since it took her 40 minutes to realize her daughter was gone, it seems that the account she gave reporters is not true.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content...hwfCYpblQ.cspx

"Rayne Perrywinkle tells Action News that Donald Smith approached her inside the Dollar General on Edgewood Avenue, after he overheard her telling her daughter that she couldn't afford a dress the girl was asking for.

"He saw me putting things back because I couldn't afford them, and he offered to help me pay for some other items with a Walmart gift card that his wife had. We waited in that parking lot for a long time for her to come to the store, but then he said she [his wife] wanted him to meet her at the Walmart."

Perrywinkle told Action News she thought Smith was "creepy and annoying," but eventually seemed genuine in his offer to help.

"Part of me wanted to believe this was a blessing for my children, and that's what I kept telling myself, but when we got in the car I felt very tense and was sitting straight up."

Perrywinkle says she felt uneasy as soon as she got into Smith's van.

Perrywinkle says Smith continued to follow her every move inside the Walmart and insisted his wife was on her way. As they waited for his "wife" to arrive, he yelled "from across the way" and said he was going to McDonald's for a burger.

"He asked if I wanted anything and I heard Cherish say 'cheeseburger.' I thought she stayed near me. I didn't realize she went with him. I didn't let her go with him like people think. He was creepy, so I wouldn't have let her go, I just didn't realize she was gone."

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content...hwfCYpblQ.cspx

"Rayne Perrywinkle tells Action News that Donald Smith approached her inside the Dollar General on Edgewood Avenue, after he overheard her telling her daughter that she couldn't afford a dress the girl was asking for.

"He saw me putting things back because I couldn't afford them, and he offered to help me pay for some other items with a Walmart gift card that his wife had. We waited in that parking lot for a long time for her to come to the store, but then he said she [his wife] wanted him to meet her at the Walmart."

Perrywinkle told Action News she thought Smith was "creepy and annoying," but eventually seemed genuine in his offer to help.

"Part of me wanted to believe this was a blessing for my children, and that's what I kept telling myself, but when we got in the car I felt very tense and was sitting straight up."

Perrywinkle says she felt uneasy as soon as she got into Smith's van.

Perrywinkle says Smith continued to follow her every move inside the Walmart and insisted his wife was on her way. As they waited for his "wife" to arrive, he yelled "from across the way" and said he was going to McDonald's for a burger.

I have no words. Well actually I do but I have to keep them to myself if I want to avoid a Timeout.

BBM: Yes- documented in police report...

When you are 44-45 years old with 3 kids and a long time live in- a "creepy" 56 year old is not "grandfatherly" and "a blessing" that you & your kids spend hours with

Is she that old?

The negativity directed toward the mother here is pretty surprising to me. This may be an unpopular post, but it REALLY feels to me like people are blaming the mom without really understanding her mindset.

I grew up poor. I had a poor mom. The things that a desperate parent will do to provide for their kids may not be wise, but they're certainly not malevolent. The woman is poor. She wanted her kids to have the things that all kids deserve. She made a mistake and is paying dearly for it. To me, blaming her smacks of privilege and a lack of understanding.

If it is the case that Charish heard the RSO say that he was going to McDonalds, maybe she jumped at the chance because McDonalds was a rare treat, on a night that probably seemed really special to her.

Charish's mother will have to live for the REST OF HER LIFE with the fact that when she thought she was doing something right for her child, she placed that child in a circumstance which led to her death. I really don't think that anything said here can make her feel worse.

RIP Charish. I'm sorry this happened to you, and I'm even more sorry that your life was so rough that your mom was taken in by a stranger who promised to buy you the necessities that she couldn't. It's not supposed to be this way for anyone.

This mother should not be bashed, she just lost her daughter to a monster,a spawn of satan ! Reading along on some of these sights perhaps she does feel the need to come forward with what happened as people are ruthless and perhaps it is part of how she is coping with what has happened...

I'm sure what she is saying is true about him being creepy it was her gut talking. I can also see Charish being completely excited about getting a new dress as this man promises and putting extra pressure on the situation at hand. We dont know what happened because we weren't there, this is extremely sad. Mom saying she did not let her child go with this man and I believe her, this creature knew what he wanted and was not gonna stop until he got it period.

The article that was posted LE stated this "Director Mike Williams of the JSO's Investigations and Homeland Security Division said Saturday that the amount of time between Cherish's disappearance and the time her mother called 911 for help was "not long."
http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...Highlands-Baptist/oT9WC_Sw0kG2fhwfCYpblQ.cspx

This doesnt sound like 40 minutes to me that she waited to call, this woman needs a break, her daughter is DEAD, and it is not her fault, it is the freak who took Charish it is his doing period........................

ETA: I know that if I was her, tomorrow is gonna suck, I would wake up a want to die when the realization of everything sinks in, she needs prayers, the whole family and Charish need prayers............................

IF she met him around 7 and he was taking her shopping and to get food if the 3 kids had eaten dinner.Makes it even worse to find out this poor child thought she was getting a dress she wanted,McDonalds and then to find herself alone with this .

I don't mean to bash the mom, she didn't kill her own child and my heart does go out to her. I'm sure she wants to die herself over this, but she did make a really really tragic decision. No matter how poor she might have been...never, never, never, never trust your children to complete strangers. There are agencies who can help if you are so poor you can't afford clothing for your children. There are garage sales where children's clothing is often only .50 cents or even a quarter. You just can't trust strangers. I wish mom would have gone with her gut and not befriended this man. I'm not blaming her for the child's death, just her bad decision.

The negativity directed toward the mother here is pretty surprising to me. This may be an unpopular post, but it REALLY feels to me like people are blaming the mom without really understanding her mindset.

I grew up poor. I had a poor mom. The things that a desperate parent will do to provide for their kids may not be wise, but they're certainly not malevolent. The woman is poor. She wanted her kids to have the things that all kids deserve. She made a mistake and is paying dearly for it. To me, blaming her smacks of privilege and a lack of understanding.

If it is the case that Charish heard the RSO say that he was going to McDonalds, maybe she jumped at the chance because McDonalds was a rare treat, on a night that probably seemed really special to her.

Charish's mother will have to live for the REST OF HER LIFE with the fact that when she thought she was doing something right for her child, she placed that child in a circumstance which led to her death. I really don't think that anything said here can make her feel worse.

RIP Charish. I'm sorry this happened to you, and I'm even more sorry that your life was so rough that your mom was taken in by a stranger who promised to buy you the necessities that she couldn't. It's not supposed to be this way for anyone.

I couldn't disagree more. I fully understand what you're saying, I really do, but the blatant lack of responsibility is astounding. She let her children get into a van with a stranger she deemed "creepy" and "annoying". And not only that but she didn't even notice her daughter and the "creep" were missing for 40 minutes. Our #1 job as mothers (parents in general) is to protect our children. She literally put her kids in a van with a creepy stranger! You don't do that!! Parenting 101.

Could someone please post a link for the 40 minute time frame from the time Charish was missing and mom called LE... TIA

What is this??? I don't see how this can happen.

Smith lived within walking distance from Dupont Middle School. Police said there was no restriction on him living that close to a school because he was a registered sexual offender, not sexual predator.

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...urday-jacksonville-sex-offender#ixzz2X15VP1Oe

I know, right? There is something seriously wrong with our laws. He offended. How does that not make him a predator also? And he should have never been let out of jail in the first place to re-offend! Now he's murdered an innocent little girl because of our lax laws!

Could someone please post a link for the 40 minute time frame from the time Charish was missing and mom called LE... TIA

Really I do not think that that matters, maybe she called in an instance, it does not excuse her three prior hours of bad decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michelle177