GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^not too diff, imo
Why did he have a darn St Pete addy?? and the offenses were in Duval?? that is like 4 hrs apart
hmm that addy came up as a mobile home park

(and there are currently other RSO's at that 2500 addy)

birds of a feather eh

Since RP hide the pregnancy of Cherish till Welfare made her disclose her birth fathers name and that turned into a custody battle,anyone wondering if he is in fact their dad or maybe she did not want to possible have any more hassles with dads.But is claiming he to reporters.Some news reports say her kids not theirs and for a man who met her as a baby and his own 2 girls coming so close to a murdering pedophile he seems very calm.

^ I have to admit, yes I wonder if Cherish's birth father IS ...was it proven by paternity test?

^ I have to admit, yes I wonder if the birth father IS ...was it proven by paternity test?

I would think the court did order or he did because of the long delay he would have been crazy not too.
I was talking about the 2 other children,because some news say he is there dad and I wonder because he never addresses how he feels about his daughters coming so close to danger.He could have killed RP in that van then all 3 would not be here. I would think he would at least mention how it could of have been worse.Plus some reports say her children.

I was talking about the 2 other children,because some news say he is there dad and I wonder because he never addresses how he feels about his daughters coming so close to danger.He could have killed RP in that van then all 3 would not be here. I would think he would at least mention how it could of have been worse.Plus some reports say her children.

I know I read in an article, that he took a paternity test. I just don't remember where! I am not familiar with Florida law, but here a paternity test is required by the state, in order to get support.

Eta: sorry quoted wrong person. I meant to quote about questioning bio dad's paternity.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/topst...ounts-run-in-with-suspect-in-Cherish-killing-

First Coast News is learning more about what one woman says the accused murderer of Cherish Perrywinkle was like when he tried to lure her own daughter.
"Honestly, we're both torn apart from this," Sephanie Thornton said.

In 2009, Thornton and her now 13-year-old daughter dealt with Donald James Smith. He is the man accused of Perrywinkle's murder. She said she's upset

"Knowing that this man got out this easy," Thornton said.

She said Smith called when her daughter was nine and was impersonating a Department of Children and Families employee.

"Read me an ID number, everything. He really had me convinced who he was," she said.

Thornton said Smith asked her child vulgar questions."

See the video. OMG.

I know I read in an article, that he took a paternity test. I just don't remember where! I am not familiar with Florida law, but here a paternity test is required by the state, in order to get support.

Here in NJ if unmarried sign the birth certificate they have 1 yr.If they were told the baby was theirs, if they are feeling unsure or the mom tells them they might not be and get tested after 1 yr and he is NOT the father(like Maury says) he still has to pay the support .Woman can be mistaken,or even did it because they have no idea,etc. makes no difference. If your married in NJ and the husband is not the father too bad he still pays.

Eta: sorry quoted wrong person. I meant to quote about questioning bio dad's paternity.

I wish every state would do it at birth.Because I honestly can not see any unmarried male saying "yeah we are in love but before I sign lets be sure he is mine" ending well.or a married man saying to his wife "Honey lets do DNA its the latest thing" I remember when I brought it up to my son he just glared at me.:truce:

ETA when she first said she was pregnant I had mentioned it.

Wait a minute.. hold the phone.

DCFS was involved with Cherish's life too.. right?
And they were involved in his prior victims life too, right?

Both victims are about the same age. 8 and 9.
Both are female
Both involve McDonalds

Did Donald Smith have access in knowing recent or cases that are DCFS? Was he close to someone whos files he had access to? He could scope those files and find his victims.

He does have priors for stealing.

If the answer is yes on any of this .. then I firmly believe he had arranged his meeting with Cherish and knew this family some how.

Here in NJ if unmarried sign the birth certificate they have 1 yr.If they were told the baby was theirs, if they are feeling unsure or the mom tells them they might not be and get tested after 1 yr and he is NOT the father(like Maury says) he still has to pay the support .Woman can be mistaken,or even did it because they have no idea,etc. makes no difference. If your married in NJ and the husband is not the father too bad he still pays.

Yeah, same rule here in CA. Random fact I never thought I'd know... they can also do pre-natal paternity testing, or at least they could as of approx 4 years ago. I imagine it was also possible 8ish years ago? But at bare minimum the DNA test and dispute (if any) has to get done before the 1 year mark.

Both are female
Both involve McDonalds

Did Donald Smith have access in knowing recent or cases that are DCFS? Was he close to someone whos files he had access to? He could scope those files and find his victims.

If the answer is yes on any of this .. then I firmly believe he had arranged his meeting with Cherish and knew this family some how.

Very good possibility! Maybe he plays the sweet older son who cares for his 83 yr old mom and people seem to talk to him.
Or a cell mate knew RP and talked about how lax she was or even a customer of hers from when she was working.

Warning: I am not a US attorney.

AFAIK

constitutionally speaking, an attorney (or anyone in our country) is free to say whatever they want (barring threatening terroristic acts) in our country and we can't be thrown in jail for it. (Might lose your job, though, employers choice.)

Defamation/libel only applies if it can be shown what the person is saying is false.

Now there are rules he must observe to maintain his license to practice law. Like attorney/client privilege. He wouldn't be breaking a law, he'd be breaking an ethical code. :twocents:

I thought that attorney/client privilege only applies if the client wants to keep things private but it could be that they've agreed to talk about this. AFAlK there is no general ethical code barring public statements for the client with his approval unless it is sealed information that no one can discuss.

I wish every state would do it at birth.Because I honestly can not see any unmarried male saying "yeah we are in love but before I sign lets be sure he is mine" ending well.or a married man saying to his wife "Honey lets do DNA its the latest thing" I remember when I brought it up to my son he just glared at me.:truce:

ETA when she first said she was pregnant I had mentioned it.

Just a quick OT and addition: this was the case with my brother, too... married but it was hard for him to push for the DNA test even after knowing his X was cheating. It's not an easy thing, especially once the Dad falls in love with the child.

Just a quick OT and addition: this was the case with my brother, too... married but it was hard for him to push for the DNA test even after knowing his X was cheating. It's not an easy thing, especially once the Dad falls in love with the child.

I held my breath and wanted to die when he was 6 months old their first of many breaks and the stupid court did the test, It would have killed my son he loved him as soon as he heard he was coming lol. Thank GOD he is ours because if he was not his dad we all would have lost him legally.
I hope it all worked out for your brother.

I thought that attorney/client privilege only applies if the client wants to keep things private but it could be that they've agreed to talk about this. AFAlK there is no general ethical code barring public statements for the client with his approval unless it is sealed information that no one can discuss.

Your right! That is to protect the client as long as dad says yes it is perfectly legal.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/topst...ounts-run-in-with-suspect-in-Cherish-killing-

First Coast News is learning more about what one woman says the accused murderer of Cherish Perrywinkle was like when he tried to lure her own daughter.
"Honestly, we're both torn apart from this," Sephanie Thornton said.

In 2009, Thornton and her now 13-year-old daughter dealt with Donald James Smith. He is the man accused of Perrywinkle's murder. She said she's upset

"Knowing that this man got out this easy," Thornton said.

She said Smith called when her daughter was nine and was impersonating a Department of Children and Families employee.

"Read me an ID number, everything. He really had me convinced who he was," she said.

Thornton said Smith asked her child vulgar questions."

See the video. OMG.

Bless this girl, she has obviously been through a lot. I don't understand how this came about, though. Did he just call them at random? I remember reading that authorities did not know why he had this family's number listed under his favorites on his phone, but does that mean he didn't know them? I'll have to say a person would have to be extraordinarily convincing to cold-call my house with an allegation regarding a family member and then get to talk to my minor child over the phone about it. And then said child and I are going to meet you, the child welfare official, at McDonalds?? Yeah, no. How the heck is he choosing his victims???

Both are female
Both involve McDonalds

I also think Donald knew the family before that fateful day. It just seems he like got too lucky that evening. The mother he approached accepted his offer, went in his van, let him take the little girl into the dressing room 2x, and leave the store with her.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/...-honor-cherish-perrywinkle-comfort-her-family

Many at the viewing at Paxon Revival Center Church, where Cherish often came to children’s services, did not know the Perrywinkles. But they came to show their support, in a steady stream that filed past the small coffin by the altar where Cherish lay in a sparkly pink dress.

Perrywinkle stumbled in the lobby, and when she approached her daughter’s coffin, she cried out. Pastor Steve Dobbs sprinted down the carpeted aisle toward her.

As the viewing began at 5, two screens showed a slide show of Cherish’s life: playing with a cat, hugging her sisters, posing with family. Perrywinkle left around 7 p.m., so Cherish’s father, Billy Jarreau, could see his daughter alone, Harris said.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Thousa...rvice/-/475880/20750608/-/sx4qlv/-/index.html
Around 1,900 people signed the guestbook at the Paxon Revival Center Church on Thursday night and they all flowed into the sanctuary of the church to pay their respects to 8-year-old Cherish Perrywinkle.

Rayne Perrywinkle has been the target of a lot of public criticism following Cherish's death. Pastor Steve Dobbs said that all the criticism in the world cannot hurt Rayne Perrywinkle like the loss of her daughter has.

"That can't phase her because she said she has to live with the decisions she mad," said Pastor Dobbs. "Regardless of what was said, we have to love and that's what the church is about. It's about love."

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...erish-Perrywinkle/kBlpqFPYC02ggWPYl6hZMQ.cspx

Despite the scrutiny, Dobbs says Perrywinkle believes her daughter's story can help the life of another child.

"It happens to the rich. It happens to the poor. It happens to the famous. It happens to the non-famous. Mama let her guard down and we can't let our guard down in this society. We have to watch over our children."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24