GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am just LIVID that they had an open casket and put this baby on display..I'm sorry a lot of those people weren't there out of respect they were there to be nosy..There were kids there that IMO SHOULD NOT have been there..

By the way they're allowing cameras in the church tomorrow for the service and it will be broadcasted live...Probably with the casket still open..UGH!!! WTH are these people thinking putting a 8 y/o childs dead body on display OMG it just makes me physically ill...

:banghead::stormingmad:

I held my breath and wanted to die when he was 6 months old their first of many breaks and the stupid court did the test, It would have killed my son he loved him as soon as he heard he was coming lol. Thank GOD he is ours because if he was not his dad we all would have lost him legally.
I hope it all worked out for your brother.

It did work out, thanks... and I know exactly what you mean! It was a downright terrifying time. I feel so bad for anyone in that type of situation.

I am just LIVID that they had an open casket and put this baby on display..I'm sorry a lot of those people weren't there out of respect they were there to be nosy..There were kids there that IMO SHOULD NOT have been there..

By the way they're allowing cameras in the church tomorrow for the service and it will be broadcasted live...Probably with the casket still open..UGH!!! WTH are these people thinking putting a 8 y/o childs dead body on display OMG it just makes me physically ill...

BBM WHAT?? I can see having cameras there depending on the situation. I didn't have a problem with it at Lizzy's (Elizabeth Collins) Celebration of Life, but they had a slideshow showing her alive and happy! <Edited/self-snipped>

Televising her body for everyone to potentially see, though? I have a hard time wrapping my mind about that being ok in pretty much any circumstance.

ETA: I really can't see them doing that. I hope not!

I wouldn't think they'd broadcast pictures of her dead body, would they?
I have no problem with broadcasting the service otherwise.

Just hoping that no curious outsiders were allowed to take photos of her at the viewing so that Cherish wouldn't be subjected to the final indignity of having those photos online for any perverts to view anytime.

I wouldn't think they'd broadcast pictures of her dead body, would they?
I have no problem with broadcasting the service otherwise.

I would hope not! I probably should've taken a few deep breaths before posting and realized that it's unlikely they'd broadcast pictures of her body. I sincerely hope not. Hope it's ok I'm going to edit/tone down my post some now that I've taken a breath or two.

The service itself I definitely don't have a problem with as long as it's with good intentions.

O/T but poor Cherish was on my mind today:

I took my 8 year-old son and my 6 year-old daughter to DQ for a treat, and noticed this man blatantly staring at my girl. I positioned myself between him and my girl just to get her out of his eyesight and the kids and I had our treat. Ten minutes later my heart broke apart a tiny bit when my girl leaned into me and whispered, "Mom, that man over there keeps staring at me and he won't stop. It's making me feel really yucky." I said, "I noticed. Let's go."

Proud of my girl for honoring her feelings, sending an extra piece of my heart with her wherever she goes.

Rest, Cherish.

a guy walked too close to my son at wal mart yesterday, staring at him... my creepmeter went into overdrive. its a shame, ive always been alert/aware, but now i find my momma bear claws out unless we are at home.

Just jumping from this post about this subject...I'm not sure if the youngest siblings were born here in Duval County but in Duval County if the mother and the father isn't married at the time of the childs birth the child/children take the mothers last name...They will NOT let you name the child the Fathers last name..Even if he is present at the time of birth..

You can go down to vital statistics at a later date and have it changed and him added to the birth certificate if he is also present..

this isn't true, the rules are statewide. you can name your child anna bananahammock if you want. my grand has his fathers last name, they arent married. id link but am on phone.

1.I read was because father was missing in her life for 3 yrs :banghead:
2. RP to poor to fly back and forth for visitations ............:banghead:
Reasons for 1&2
1.If dad is telling the truth it was RP fault he was missing.......:banghead:
2.If RP got even a part time job or if any adult did they have cheap tickets online.

Neither reason is good enough IMO to risk a child's life.Maybe she would have done some thing to improve her education most likely free or just became employed and improved life for all her children and then had the money to send for her and she do summers. See how she does with changing her pattern of making bad judgements.JMO

Hands mom some Tylenol for her headache, from banging her head against the wall. :)

Very interesting..... I haven't seen anything much about his mother in MSM. I believe MSM/LE has documented that Defendant lived with her and the creepy van was registered to her? And is it known if he was married in the past and the duration of that?
When I searched public records for Duval County I did find a divorce judgement from the mid-90s. That indicated he and his ex-wife had a son who would be a young adult now, and ex-wife had a daughter who would be 17 or 18 now) but claimed the girl was fathered by someone else while Smith was in prison. Claimed he was in and out of prison but didn't give any other highly details.

Someone else asked why he had a Tampa/St Pete listing if most of his actions were in Jax area. In one of the local news articles I read, I think he was sent to a sex offender rehab facility in that area after one of his incarcerations. I think I'd posted the link to his evalator's feedback previously; the details of the Tampa/St. Pete link were in there if I recall correctly. Bear with me, I havent had my morning coffee yet. :)

I'm glad to see the reporters doing more research on this guy. I really want to know where he was when and see what other patterns we can find. As I'd mentioned on an earlier thread, folks tend to look for RSOs registered near where they live, and this guy was prowling across town from where he lived. I'd like to know if that's been his usual M.O.; I sense he did the same thing with his 2009 attempted kidnapping, prowling on the other side of town from where he lived.

I'm glad to see the reporters doing more research on this guy. I really want to know where he was when and see what other patterns we can find. As I'd mentioned on an earlier thread, folks tend to look for RSOs registered near where they live, and this guy was prowling across town from where he lived. I'd like to know if that's been his usual M.O.; I sense he did the same thing with his 2009 attempted kidnapping, prowling on the other side of town from where he lived.

I'm curious, if they are looking at unsolved cases in these areas. I mean, he stated in the 70's (that we know of,) I really think he had to commit more crimes then he was caught for.

I am curious- does a child actually have to take the stand against their perp? In the same room?? Can they not be in a separate room and be video'ed in? Surely there is some way these young frightened children do not have to be visibly exposed to their perp again? Some way for them to testify safely, so no deals take place and punishment is as full as the law allows?

I thought that attorney/client privilege only applies if the client wants to keep things private but it could be that they've agreed to talk about this. AFAlK there is no general ethical code barring public statements for the client with his approval unless it is sealed information that no one can discuss.

You're right Donjeta! The original poster was just asking if it was legal in our country for the lawyer to do what he was doing on Facebook. That in the UK, what he was doing would be considered illegal. I was just pointing out that here it is not illegal, that laws here don't bind his speech/opinion, but a code of ethics as a lawyer (attorney/client privilege) does.

What I should have said in addition was that it clearly does not apply to this situation, and a client has the power to wave away that rule on cases pertaining to them should they choose to. Hope I said that right. :seeya:

Agreed! I think it's VERY unsettling that the wake and funeral of a murder victim was open to the public. A memorial service, okay, I get it, but to put her little body on display for anyone in the world to come and gawk at her has turned this into a sideshow. Her mother is still refusing to show her daughter some dignity, even in death.

Wait a minute.. hold the phone.

DCFS was involved with Cherish's life too.. right?
And they were involved in his prior victims life too, right?

Both victims are about the same age. 8 and 9.
Both are female
Both involve McDonalds

Did Donald Smith have access in knowing recent or cases that are DCFS? Was he close to someone whos files he had access to? He could scope those files and find his victims.

He does have priors for stealing.

If the answer is yes on any of this .. then I firmly believe he had arranged his meeting with Cherish and knew this family some how.

Sleuthing the perp? Why - what a great idea!

You know. I have wondered this myself - stalking was certainly his MO for several other crimes. And quite thoroughly too - he is patient and cunning...

And I think maybe the 'chase' is part, if not most of the thrill. If the attack was all of it - he maybe wouldn't have killed Cherish quite so quickly. Or spent so much time terrorising his other victims, playing with them, when he could have just snatched the children.

In any case, he does target vulnerable families. In past cases, stalked them for -weeks- at a time. I can't help thinking he's stalked Cherish's family too (maybe several other families in the area, also..kind of fits with his MO ) and already knew perfectly well just how vulnerable Cherish was.

I don't feel comfortable at all with speculation that the Perrywinkles 'sold' Cherish to a pedo or that Smith knew the family personally but no-one's admitting it - until there is some better proof that this was so, it's just rumour mongering.

But since he's 100% for sure stalked before and on more than one occasion acted in a highly predatory manner, I would not be surprised to find he'd been stalking the Perrywinkles, too. And maybe for quite some time as well.

]eta : I did pick up on the Maccas thing too, Astrokitty. Functional, I wonder, or part of his rape script? Good catch!

And yes, his list of priors for theft is a pretty long one..

I'd hate to think he had ANY access to any kind of files.. I hope not. More likely, I think, that he just stakes out a school or playground and watches for kids with careless/old/sick/single guardians and goes from there..

I certainly would NOT be surprised to find that he's abducted and killed other kids. Not one bit surprised. He wouldn't be eager to go back to prison... All missing kids in his preferred age range/known areas ought to be looked at for possible links.

Does anyone know where was it originally reported that the dad didn't know about Cherish until she was 3 years old? There is a paternity case in Duval in 2005 between BJ and RP.

Stands to reason: She wasn't afforded dignity and privacy while alive...

Does anyone know where was it originally reported that the dad didn't know about Cherish until she was 3 years old? There is a paternity case in Duval in 2005 between BJ and RP.

Apparently it's in those custody documents

¨A custody evaluation report from June 2010 documents interviews with both Jarreau and Cherish's mother, Rayne Perrywinkle.

The report says the two shared a romantic encounter while Perrywinkle was a dancer. The relationship resulted in a pregnancy, but the parents have different accounts of what happened next.

Jarreau stated in the report he was unsure the child was his and had no contact with Perrywinkle for three years until the state sought him out for child support.

"[Jarreau] found out because the mother attempted to get assistance through the government with food stamps or something like that and whenever that happens the state of Florida will pursue the biological father and that was the first time he even knew he had a child," said Wilkerson.

But Rayne Perrywinkle's account says Jarreau knew about the child all along.
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/...-years-Report-recommended-father-take-custody

I don't know if this is a discrepancy, it might mean that he knew there was a child but didn't know if the child was his or not.

But if there were DNA tests done in 2005 why wouldnt' they just have said so?

The discrepancies with the name of the girl - Charish or Cherish?
Both spellings have been used - the Amber Alert was spelt: Charish
Just a point if someone is sleuthing - both spellings have been used on official documents.

Read more at Jacksonville.com:
However, when a reporter asked Rayne Perrywinkle, through a victim&#8217;s advocate, to spell her daughter&#8217;s name, she said it was spelled &#8220;Cherish Perrywinkle.&#8221;
Court documents and arrest reports had also previously used &#8220;Cherish Periwinkle&#8221; and &#8220;Charish Lilly Perrywinkle.&#8221;

What? Arrest reports? Why would Cherish be in any arrest reports? Has she been a victim of a crime before this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean