GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
After two hours of shopping, he suggested he’d buy them some hamburgers from the McDonald’s at the front of the store. He asked what she wanted. She let Cherish walk with him. She told her daughter she wanted a cheeseburger. It was the last thing she said to Cherish

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://mayportmirror.jacksonville.c...-old-cherish-perrywinkles-death#ixzz2XjKzdHKU

22 June:
Perrywinkle says Smith continued to follow her every move inside the Walmart and insisted his wife was on her way. As they waited for his "wife" to arrive, he yelled "from across the way" and said he was going to McDonald's for a burger.

"He asked if I wanted anything and I heard Cherish say 'cheeseburger.' I thought she stayed near me. I didn't realize she went with him. I didn't let her go with him like people think. He was creepy, so I wouldn't have let her go, I just didn't realize she was gone."

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...Highlands-Baptist/oT9WC_Sw0kG2fhwfCYpblQ.cspx

I am afraid that these changing stories are going to make the trial much harder for her since she's the star witness and Smith's attorneys are going to read these articles with a keen eye.

Yep. It's going to make the trial much harder for everyone...except maybe the defendant.

After two hours of shopping, he suggested he’d buy them some hamburgers from the McDonald’s at the front of the store. He asked what she wanted. She let Cherish walk with him. She told her daughter she wanted a cheeseburger. It was the last thing she said to Cherish

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://mayportmirror.jacksonville.c...-old-cherish-perrywinkles-death#ixzz2XjKzdHKU

22 June:
Perrywinkle says Smith continued to follow her every move inside the Walmart and insisted his wife was on her way. As they waited for his "wife" to arrive, he yelled "from across the way" and said he was going to McDonald's for a burger.

"He asked if I wanted anything and I heard Cherish say 'cheeseburger.' I thought she stayed near me. I didn't realize she went with him. I didn't let her go with him like people think. He was creepy, so I wouldn't have let her go, I just didn't realize she was gone."

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...Highlands-Baptist/oT9WC_Sw0kG2fhwfCYpblQ.cspx

I am afraid that these changing stories are going to make the trial much harder for her since she's the star witness and Smith's attorneys are going to read these articles with a keen eye.

I'd agree except, in this case, I think the Walmart cameras are the star witness. Between all those cameras in Walmart and eye witnesses and her initial 911 call plus her initial police report....I don't think who ordered the cheeseburgers and whether the dress was for her, blah blah, blah is going to affect a juror's opinion of what it appears DS did. I mean, a defense attorney for DS can paint her as a liar, but the camaras show him with them, him with Cherish, him leave with Cherish. Mom's blessing or no blessing, mom's negligence/no negligence, he still did what he did.

All of her versions will bite her in the butt if she's charged with negligence. IT's HER trial she's digging a hole for... IMO! :seeya:

I'd agree except, in this case, I think the Walmart cameras are the star witness. Between all those cameras in Walmart and eye witnesses and her initial 911 call plus her initial police report....I don't think who ordered the cheeseburgers and whether the dress was for her, blah blah, blah is going to affect a juror's opinion of what it appears DS did. I mean, a defense attorney for DS can paint her as a liar, but the camaras show him with them, him with Cherish, him leave with Cherish. Mom's blessing or no blessing, mom's negligence/no negligence, he still did what he did.

All of her versions will bite her in the butt if she's charged with negligence. IT's HER trial she's digging a hole for... IMO! :seeya:

I agree. Thankfully there is surveillance video and prosecutor doesn't have to depend solely on what mother says.

In her final decision, Judge Linda McCallum wrote, “The Court notes that both parties have serious issues, but finds that it would not be in the child’s best interests to remove the child from Mother and send her across the country.”

Before visiting the funeral home on Tuesday to plan Cherish’s viewing and burial, Rayne read a note she received from McCallum after Cherish’s death.

“I know you gave everything you had and could to Cherish,” McCallum wrote, “that you were an excellent mother to her and how much she loved you and her sisters.”

Read more at Jacksonville.com: http://mayportmirror.jacksonville.c...-old-cherish-perrywinkles-death#ixzz2XjHwV5cR

If there really was such a letter and if the judge really wrote it she reacted very quickly. Cherish's death was in the news on Saturday and the note supposedly had arrived by Tuesday.

(Im still catching up with the threads and posting as I go... sorry if there's a similar comment somewhere, I'll never find your post if I retread the thread.)

1) Has the letter been verified?
2) Is it an exact quote?
3) Is this the same judge that granted RP custody?
4) Is the letter intended to cover someone else's (judicial) butt instead?

Because I'm confused that the letter was even sent and a Judge allowed to comment.

Seriously, how can a judge say (and write) to Rayne that she was an "excellent" mother?

I agree Gypsy. If that quote is legit, that judge needs to be investigated.

By even the weakest definition of "excellent" parenting RP fails to even ping the range of "barely adequate". This judge made a decision that contributed to the perfect storm of Fail when it came to Cherish's well being and safety.

Yeah but I just meant that the trial is going to be even more painful for her if the perp's attorneys attack her on all the inconsistencies. Either way Cherish left with him so it won't make a difference but she will not like being painted a liar in court.

(Im still catching up with the threads and posting as I go... sorry if there's a similar comment somewhere, I'll never find your post if I retread the thread.)

2) Is it an exact quote?

Because I'm confused that the letter was even sent and a Judge allowed to comment.

Not sure really, the article doesn't say if the reporter saw the note or if he verified with the judge that she really wrote it. But yes the story seems to be that it's the same judge who granted RP custody.

2) Is it an exact quote?

Moo, but I'll believe that one when I see it. Sounds more to me like an unsophisticated attempt at creating an illusion of allegiance with a person who has perceived power.

What sounds more convincing?

1. I'm not a bad mom even though this stuff happened on my watch. Lots of people are telling me I'm not. Or

2. A *judge* who was once the most powerful player in deciding the well-being of my daughter told me how wonderful I am even though this stuff happened.

It also says they had a 240 dollar electric bill that was paid by a "Department of Children and Families man who wanted to check on her daughters and who wanted to pay her $240 electric bill."
No AC and no stove but has a 240.00 electric bill?

I am behind- but it one of the MSM articles- it states the reporter went to the last known address ( the one they are at now) and it was vacant.

They just moved back- according to MSM- around 2 weeks ago.

I'd say it was much closer to the time of Cherish's murder...

I'm able to read on my iphone, but not my computer.

Thanks to everyone who offered up alternatives. I am happy to say I am now able to read the whole article :)...and I am sad to say...I am now able to read the whole article. :(

Yeah but I just meant that the trial is going to be even more painful for her if the perp's attorneys attack her on all the inconsistencies. Either way Cherish left with him so it won't make a difference but she will not like being painted a liar in court.

I can see where it could make a HUGE difference for the defense: "Yes, dear jury, I left with her...with her mother's blessing...and I let her out three blocks from her home...as per her mother's instructions. Oh she didn't mention that part? Well just look at her various versions of the sordid story and YOU decide if she's fully telling the truth or just trying to CHA."

Not to mention: Her part in all of this could serve to "dilute" the defendant's part in the eyes of the jury; and all the time it will take to get the story straight will help divert from the actual acts leading up to Cherish's death. (A couple of trials come to mind along these lines, IMO).

Seriously, how can a judge say (and write) to Rayne that she was an "excellent" mother?

I would like a copy of this note put on their website- or in the paper, and absolute confirmation that it was indeed written by the judge and what date it was written.

Without proof, it does not exist, imo.

I can see where it could make a HUGE difference for the defense: "Yes, dear jury, I left with her...with her mother's blessing...and I let her out three blocks from her home...as per her mother's instructions. Oh she didn't mention that part? Well just look at her various versions of the sordid story and YOU decide if she's fully telling the truth or just trying to CHA."

Not to mention: Her part in all of this could serve to "dilute" the defendant's part in the eyes of the jury; and all the time it will take to get the story straight will help divert from the actual acts leading up to Cherish's death. (A couple of trials come to mind along these lines, IMO).

Here's hoping Cherish (sorry sweet baby) retained some of his more incriminating DNA, hair, etc, and that he retained some of hers. And that the swamp debris/water on/in his wet clothing matches the area by the swamp she was found. And that he left some nice boot/shoe prints.

I also noticed a large redacted area on his police report in the area they were describing his dirty/wet clothing and I'm leaning towards something was obvious to the naked eye and incriminating regarding his clothing.

Fingers crossed!

I wonder if the stroller has been found. Media hasn't made a renewed request to BOLO for the stroller in the last few days, have they?

Just some of my observations from the article:

"She let Cherish walk with him"

Very clear to me!

"Rayne wanted to scream, to laugh, to cry, to smile, to be surrounded by people, to be alone, to talk about Cherish, to not talk about Cherish, to talk about Dean Koontz and Stephen King novels,

BBM: WTF? This soon after I lost my child, I am NOT going to want to smile, and certainly not laugh! Talk about Koontz and S King novels???

"Only mothers who’ve had their children taken could know."

She GAVE her to him!

"Rayne vowed she wouldn’t forget Cherish."

Uhmmm yeah, I would hope you wouldn't, she was your daughter!

MOO JMO ...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/139460826255774/permalink/141564996045357/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members