GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"He posed as a family man with children, and to my amazement, he manipulated her. I mean she won't even get in the car with one of my friends that I've known. She's very protective of the children, but he posed as a family man," said Pearson.

Your amazement ? Pftt get in the queue...obviously doesnt know her as well as he thinks ....:stormingmad:

BBM
Inigo Montoya voice: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

The more we hear and read, the less I believe the story told. The two younger sisters
are old enough at 4 and 5 to give some information as to what happened during those
hours. Wonder if they have been questioned? Probably in the beginning LE didn't think
it was necessary, but with each passing day and more details coming to light, those little
ones may have some missing pieces.

Is Mom a POI yet? Should name-calling be happening?

I get that this is a weird one but as far as I know the parents are still considered victims. Mom's behavior was way weird, or insanely naive, but I don't think she's officially a suspect. (Will gracefully accept correction if wrong.)

Going into the dressing room with her makes perfect sense- given his history.

This is a man who wants to know what he is getting. Remember his earlier incident when he telephoned the young girl to ask what her private area looked like, if she had hair down there, and if she wore a bra? This is the same thing.

He was following his pattern. Find out what the girl is like under her clothes.

Now, as to why Cherish let him in without raising a fit (which we don't know if she did or didn't)- perhaps she is used to weird behavior from men and thinks its normal.

Maybe all he did was help with a zipper and give her a compliment.

If he did commit a sexual crime, would she come out and continue to act as if everything is normal? Would she be willing to follow him to car without resisting?

We can't answer that because we just don't know. For all we know, he could have promised to take her away to Disney World.

Great comment, NSU, re the perp's "pattern". Peeping or a fantasy of peeping seems to be part of his work-up to actual abduction/molestation..

Makes me literally sick to think about it. He must've thought all his Christmases came at once, finding Rayne and her kids.

Men like that don't need a stay in a "hospital". They need a firing squad.

Can someone clarify for me please
When trying on shoes in the uk.. mirrors are usually in the shoe department.. either small floor ones or they have large ones opposite the seating. Is it the same there ? Or do u go to the changing room to view mirrors ?

Just wanna know where the high heels part came from.

No one but Donald Smith has been implicated by LE or MSM as a suspect or POI.

Just sayin'

Admittedly, it is very immature of me, but I have a problem referring to her as a "mother," and I'm not going to call her by her fake first and last name. I did not mean to offend. That was actually the nicest of the names I came up with.

Perhaps use people's initials. There are many cases in the news that are discussed on Websleuths and at times it is difficult to not type everything we are thinking.

The boyfriend is a victim too. Until he has been named as a suspect or is under investigation then he to me shall be a victim. He was a stepfather to Cherish as he has been in her life as a father figure since she was ten months old. There are two other children that are also victims.

When trying on shoes in the uk.. mirrors are usually in the shoe department.. either small floor ones or they have large ones opposite the seating. Is it the same there ? Or do u go to the changing room to view mirrors ?

It is pretty much the same here in the shoe dept as where you are, mrsward. I think in this case the changing room must have been about trying on dresses, not the high heels.

In my experience, there are short mirrors, maybe 18 inches tall, usually slanted. But it's been a while since I've bought shoes in a store and tried them on. (I wear the same brand so I don't have to try them on.)

I don't think I've ever seen any mirrors in the Walmart shoe department. Or seating, lol. Shoes stores, and department stores, yes. Walmart, no.

The fitting rooms are no where near the shoe aisles here (in my local walmart.) And, as much as I can remember (I'm in wal mart twice a week, but not that often for clothes/shoes), the only real mirrors in the store are inside fitting rooms and face level mirrors maybe at the jewelry counter?

I don't think he was having her try on mini-girl sized high heels in the fitting room, personally...I think he was trying to make Cherish feel grown up and special. He was hyper-speed grooming her, IMO.

I am wondering now, how often he haunted shopping centers, just trawling for a chance at getting into a kid's change room or finding a mother dumb enough to be led about clothing stores.

Another good thought re the mirrors/shoes. I tend to think he was sinking into his fantasy at that point, unless he really thought he could away with having Cherish try heels on. Who knows, frankly, Rayne wasn't acting like the brightest crayon in the box.. I do think at that point he'd probably decided he had a great chance at abducting Cherish and was relaxing into his pedo behaviours.. not like Mom was doing anything about it.

I wonder if there's store footage of the change room area?

P He was a stepfather to Cherish as he has been in her life as a father figure since she was ten months old. There are two other children that are also victims.

Does a live in boyfriend technically qualify him as a step-father? I'm not trying to be snarky, at all. We just really have no idea what capacity he was a "father" figure to her. I know he's been around for years, but he seems a bit shady in all this too. In my opinion. (To be clear, I'm not implying he is a person of interest or anything.)

Oh, and yes...of course those little ones are victims. I can't imagine having to grow up knowing how their sister passed. Knowing the mother's actions and inaction. On top of that, they will grow up without Cherish :(

Poor little Cherish. She was failed in so many ways. I just can't not fathom what she went through - and now with the new information that has come out today (dressing room and high heels) I am just completely sick. How dare that mother allow this to happen so damn easily. Dressing room TWICE, high heels? I mean....COME ON!!!!!! She practically put her child in that perv's hands. I worry about her other two daughters. That woman is not capable of taking care of children safely. I hope Child Protection Services steps in and takes a hard look at this family.

BBM She did put Cherish in his hands, imo..
Sorry if that's already been commented on, I'm a couple of pages back & couldn't bite my tongue any longer.
I've tried to hold off on this <modsnip> but really? You take your children, put them into a strange van (with the seats missing?), ride to walmart with stranger, hang out in WM for 2-3 hours with said stranger, let him go into dressing room with your daughter TWICE!!! Don't notice that she's missing for 20-30 minutes (or is that how long it took her to call 911? All the while standing around with the shopping cart that has items said stranger is going to buy for you...
omg i have to stop now, words from brain to keyboard aren't working well right now

This article says that Cherish should have arrived in CA (San Diego where the father lives, I presume) around 9 AM.
http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/...s-father-arrives-jacksonville-advance-funeral

Wilkerson said he first called Jarreau Saturday at 7:30 a.m., an hour and a half before Jarreau was expecting Cherish to arrive by plane for her summer visit with him.

I assume that's 9 AM West Coast. I looked at multiple airlines' flights from JAX to SAN on Saturdays, and the first Saturday AM flights out of Jax leave Jax between 6:30 and 7:05 AM ET and arrive in SAN 10:05-10:07 AM. I couldn't locate any late night flights that would arrive in SAN any earlier in the morning on standard Saturdays. So Mom should have been planning to have Cherish at the airport Saturday for a 6:30 AM flight. Just marking that aspect of the timeline for future reference.

Has there ever been a similar case like this on WS?

Well there is Shaniya Davis who was murdered by a man who mom sold (rented?) her to for drug money. He took her to a hotel and later killed her. I'm thinking that this case sounds something like that. Mom basically used her kid for personal gain with no regard to safety of the child.

BBM She did put Cherish in his hands, imo..
Sorry if that's already been commented on, I'm a couple of pages back & couldn't bite my tongue any longer.
I've tried to hold off on this birth vessel but really? You take your children, put them into a strange van (with the seats missing?), ride to walmart with stranger, hang out in WM for 2-3 hours with said stranger, let him go into dressing room with your daughter TWICE!!! Don't notice that she's missing for 20-30 minutes (or is that how long it took her to call 911? All the while standing around with the shopping cart that has items said stranger is going to buy for you...
omg i have to stop now, words from brain to keyboard aren't working well right now

Gone 40 minutes before she called 911 and it was 20 minutes AFTER Walmart closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx