GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the mom's boyfriend saying that the mom won't get in a car with HIM and HIS friend that she is not familiar with, because she is so cautious. QUOTE]

I think mom's boyfriend is saying what he thinks he needs to say so he doesn't lose custody of his two kids with RP, IMO.

As we've all discussed before, what mom and boyfriend have said to reporters recently does not match what mom initially reported to police.

Example: She initially reported to police that she knew Cherish went with him to McDonalds. Now she says she had no idea she left with him, and BF says she knew she wasn't supposed to leave with strangers.

---
Williams says Smith told the Reyne he would go to the McDonalds in the front of the store to get something to eat, and brought Cherish with him. (Williams is JSO Director of Investigations)
http://news.wjct.org/post/sex-offender-charged-death-8-year-old-cherish-perrywinkle

----

They headed to the Walmart in Smith's van. Once there, Perrywinkle says Smith kept insisting they were waiting for his wife. At one point, he said he was heading to the store's McDonald's. The mother says she did not realize her daughter was going with him.

"He asked if I wanted anything and I heard Cherish say 'cheeseburger.' I thought she stayed near me. I didn't realize she went with him. I didn't let her go with him like people think," the mother told the station.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...-found-dead-donald-james-smith_n_3483380.html

Uhhhh...people think that because that's what you reported to police....

I wonder if Cherish's dad could have some kind of case for wrongful death against the mother. Probably not, but good grief. She facilitated this perp in every possible way.

At that time of night, I doubt there was one. I have tried on clothing before, with no one in sight, even during the day.

That's perfect if you are a pervert.

Reading about the dressing room broke my heart. I already was so sad about this case but that somehow made it hurt even more. Something was happening RIGHT THERE that should have been obvious and stopped. Not allowed once, much less twice. Poor Cherish.

i don't think the mother is evil per se but that she is blatantly stupid. sadly for cherish, stupid met evil and cunning...
my take is that she (the mother) thought she was getting money for nothing not realizing that she was dealing with a predator with a lot of experience in getting what he wanted from innocent children.
i understand this is a victim friendly forum but, for many of us that are parents it is really hard to understand what was going on through this woman's head!
who goes shopping with no money?
by BF's comments, she was cadgey with strangers but then she goes and gets not only herself but also her threekids in a van with a man she thought was creeepy?
allows said creep to go into fitting room with cherish??
WTF?????!!!!
i

I asked my son if he and DDIL were in Walmart with their kids (two of those kids are girls), would he go into the dressing room with the girls? He snorted and looked at me like I had lost my ever-luvin'. I asked would he do it if they were Charish's age, and he shouted, "No!"

i don't think the mother is evil per se but that she is blatantly stupid. sadly for cherish, stupid met evil and cunning...
my take is that she (the mother) thought she was getting money for nothing not realizing that she was dealing with a predator with a lot of experience in getting what he wanted from innocent children.
i understand this is a victim friendly forum but, for many of us that are parents it is really hard to understand what was going on through this woman's head!
who goes shopping with no money?
by BF's comments, she was cadgey with strangers but then she goes and gets not only herself but also her threekids in a van with a man she thought was creeepy?
allows said creep to go into fitting room with cherish??
WTF?????!!!!
i

IMO this goes well past stupid. Waywayway past stupid.

Aside from that, they teach the kids this stuff is bad and wrong in kindergarten--no one but mommy and your doctor should see you in your underwear/naked/touch you, (and touch is only if you need to be examined, assist in toileting if very young etc.) My girl used to come home from school on the day they devote to that stuff each year chanting this chant they taught them, "Hey! Don't touch me there! This is my private square!" (square drawn encompassing the entire torso.)

So I wonder if the police and department of children's services are going to ask mom why this changing room situation occurred and exactly how upset about this was Cherish.

Because, IMO, if an 8 year old is not upset by the prospect of a strange man watching her undress, come into a changing room with her, it's because she's been conditioned to think it's normal and things of this nature have happened to her before.

I hate to even think it, but I wonder if, in the autopsy, they find evidence that Cherish may have been sexually abused previously.

OK ... I hate to even type this but, the changing rooms in WM are small!

There is barely enough room to turn around, at least at the WM near me, and I always wish I had more room. With HIM in there, UGH, just UGH!

And I'm sure he was telling her how pretty she was, mature, etc ...

:banghead:

I would never want to add to an innocent mother's grief, but IMO, after hearing that she *let* her eight year old daughter go into a dressing room...twice...SHE SHOULD BE CHARGED. No doubt about it. A predator is a predator, and this should burn in hill for what he did, but mom let this happen-there is no grey area for me on this one.

Rest, little girl. God will care for you now.

I was wondering if maybe a strap from the stroller was found with her body.

Has there ever been a similar case like this on WS?

You mean how this one appears right now? Not that I know of ... but I've only been here a few years...

As this case appears right now, this case is in a class all by itself. Sort of defies belief.

If, on further investigation, it takes a more *sinister turn than it appears right now, then yeah, I've seen something kinda-sorta like it...

But that's all I'm saying for now so I don't get a time out!

ETA: *Sinister BEYOND DS's actions.

Good grief... a strange old guy is giving an eight year old too much attention and shows an inclination to want to watch her undress - hands up, how many mothers are going to watch their daughter like a hawk and try to get out of the situation? How many mothers are going to look at more items to shop while said old man leaves to McD with the eight year old?

This was so preventable as there was a virtual field full of red flags apparently.

red-flags.jpg

OMG!!
I posted the other day that I thought the nasty a-- gave the mom a warm fuzzy feeling if you will, now after reading the bolded above well that just sounds to me like mom wasn't getting the attention she was getting at DG. He wanted her baby and not her!!
I also thinks and it is (MO) only mom has done this before, I just hope they question the other girls very carefully no telling what info they will get. I wanted it done before mom and dad give them a story to stick with.
I am so glad I am not in Florida today I just know I would end up in Jacksonville and most likely in jail GRRRRRRR.

do you guys think that was her hustle? to go out, pretend she didn't have cash and get someone else pay for her? a bit far fetched but not impossible...

"He posed as a family man with children, and to my amazement, he manipulated her. I mean she won't even get in the car with one of my friends that I've known. She's very protective of the children, but he posed as a family man," said Pearson.

Your amazement ? Pftt get in the queue...obviously doesnt know her as well as he thinks ....:stormingmad:

do you guys think that was her hustle? to go out, pretend she didn't have cash and get someone else pay for her? a bit far fetched but not impossible...

I have no idea if that's what was going on...

But I've heard multiple stories year after year about how people will manipulate other people for personal gain and some using using their kids to do it.

I have NEVER heard of a parent putting their kids in a stranger's van for a shopping spree, letting the stranger go into a changing room with their child and allowing the child to leave with the stranger.

Well...I've heard of the last thing I mentioned, and usually that would be payment for a drug debt. :twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucysmom20