GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree completely, however I feel permanent incarceration is the only truly safe option, ( I mean aside from putting them to death but hey we wont go there) as the jury is still out on the effectiveness of chemical castration.

As Donald Smith awaits trial on charges that he kidnapped, raped and murdered 8-year-old Cherish Perrywinkle in June 2013, News4Jax has obtained 72 hours of recordings of secret jailhouse conversations of Smith and another defendant who was awaiting prosecution for murder and is now on death row.

In all, police recorded more than 74 hours of conversations and noises using a hidden microphone placed in the utility space between the isolation cells of Smith and Randall Deviney in the Duval County Jail.

(..)

News4Jax has listened to the audio and found one conversation in which inmates were talking about how girls as young as 12, are dressing up to look like grown women. (Warning: The conversations contain graphic language)

Much more at the link:
http://www.news4jax.com/news/jail-recordings-of-cherish-perrywinkles-accused-killer-released

pity he didn't respect cherish's own rights to live when he chose to kill her
not a death penalty supporter but people like DS make me question my own judgement...
i would rather see him in general population trying each day to survive as best as he can

Precisely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watching this on Nancy Grace..has a trial date been set?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watching this on Nancy Grace..has a trial date been set?

Donald Smith had been slated to go to trial starting April 4th of this year, but obviously that has been delayed. No new trial date has been set, at least that I can find.

Attorneys for Donald Smith have filed another motion in an effort to block prosecutors from seeking the death penalty if he's convicted in the murder of 8-year-old Cherish Perrywinkle.

The new motion asks the trial judge to declare the state's death penalty law unconstitutional, claiming it violates the 5th, 6th, 8th and 14th amendments of the U.S. Constitution.

(...)

Smith’s next court date is May 26.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/crime/...iles-motion-to-remove-death-penalty-from-case

Attorneys for Donald Smith have filed another motion in an effort to block prosecutors from seeking the death penalty if he's convicted in the murder of 8-year-old Cherish Perrywinkle.

The new motion contends the State Attorney's Office did not file the notice of intent to seek the death penalty within 45 days of Smith's arraignment, as it is required to do.

Two weeks ago, Smith's lawyers filed a motion arguing that Florida's death penalty law is unconstitutional. The judge has not yet ruled on the motion.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/crime/...les-motion-to-remove-death-penalty-from-case_

Donald Smith is due back in court this Thursday.

wow, he is really grasping to any possibility not to be on death row
general population sounds like a great option
whatever happens to him, he brought it on himself, he had a choice, cherish didn't

Lupus est *advertiser censored* homini, non *advertiser censored*, quom qualis sit non novit

Conversations between inmate Donald Smith and a convicted murderer that were recorded while the two were in adjoining cells in the Duval County jail will be the subject of new motions.

That came out in court Friday morning at a hearing, but the only decision was that Smith’s new attorney, Charles Fletcher, was to be granted access to recording between Smith’s former attorney and the state.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/local/jacksonville/judge-allows-donald-smith-lawyers-to-jailhouse-files

The defense team for the man accused in the 2013 kidnapping, rape and murder of 8-year-old Cherish Perrywinkle want recordings of jail conversations between Donald Smith and another inmate to be blocked from being used in Smith's trial.

The conversations between Smith and convicted murderer Randall Deviney were recorded while the two were in adjoining cells in the Duval County jail.

Smith’s new attorney, Charles Fletcher, has filed a motion to suppress the recordings, which captured 72 hours of conversations between Smith and Deviney, claiming that they were obtained unlawfully, without a warrant.

At a hearing before Judge Mallory Cooper on the motion Thursday, State Attorney investigator Robert Henson testified that he received information that a confidential informant wanted to provide information about Donald Smith.
http://www.news4jax.com/news/local/jacksonville/donald-smiths-lawyer-wants-jail-recordings-blocked

Motion to suppress

Pure evil. Just put him in gen pop and be done with him. He's not worth the money a DP trial would take.

If you peeled his skin off, you'd see maggots. He's beyond vile.

The motion confuses me. I followed Casey Anthony but cannot recall if the jailhouse recordings of her phone calls with family was supported by a warrant. JMOPO - When in jail there is no expectation of privacy except as pertains to communications with your attorney.

Why is DS still alive??? Be done with him already! Ugh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett