GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has she been charged with something? I haven't read everything in this thread yet. TIA

Luckily (sadly?) there are only 3 threads on this angel so it doesn't take long to read through them.

At this point, almost two weeks to the minute that Cherish got taken out of Walmart by DS, if you don't believe the mother is culpable in this you either haven't read enough about it or you are in denial because it's too overwhelming a thought to accept.

Someone on this thread made a perfect analogy, had the babysitter you hired did the exact same things Rayne did that night and YOUR child ended up like Cherish, would you just chalk it up to "bad judgement"??? I think not.

DS was a tiger (my apologies to all the tigers out there for lumping him in with you), and he did what tigers do. My anger is directed to the mother that placed her daughter in the tiger's cage, locked the door behind her, and went back to her shopping.

Yes, I agree. It's not going to be of popular opinion, but I cringe at the attacks on the mother. I am a mom of three, two littles and one out if the nest and I would never allow the unchaperoned freedoms my oldest enjoyed 10 years ago with my littles, because I am more aware/ fearful. On the same token, I can give at least 10 examples in the last week when I have seen young kids doing things that the parent would could be considered negligent. Here's the thing, the law is grey, it's not considered negligent until SOMETHING BAD HAPPENS, even then; not criminally.
Sidebar, There is also an expectation to be polite here in the south, and NOT talking to a seemingly well-intentioned person is considered rude, and kids pick up on that-no matter what you teach them.
I do, however; think those two little girls that are still in that house need to be protected. I do think there is a mentally ill mom that is unintentionally endangering them. If something happens to them, I feel like blood is on all our hands.
However, putting this woman behind bars is not the answer, and who would get released in her place. And who would take care of those girls? The boyfriend/dad? Look, there is probably a good reason she didn't leave those girls at home and go shopping solo. I don't think it was because she was working a con.
She could be helped, so get her in a program to do so. Sexual animals can't be helped and they need to be put away without hesitation.
Sorry, I know this is a bit off topic, I will go back to brainstorming in the facts of this case and trying to figure out where that stroller is.
Moo
Just jumping off your post...cuz I think it's a cool one.
From the git-go, I was/still so sad for little Cherish's death. How? By rape and strangulation. An 8 year old child...by a 56 year old (whateva). I was/still so sad that a (whateva) like that, with all prior offenses, convictions, and jail time is allowed to be set free...and breathe among us. I shy away from his pictured face ...evil.
Mom...I was/still angry with every 'stupid' thing she had the power to control, with three little children in tow that night...but did not. Just wanna slap sense into people.

I'm a mother. Older now, but once younger...and of the thinking that if I did everything right...nothing would go wrong! WRONG! Lol! In the most judgemental way( Sorray) ...I never fit in Rayne's shoes.
But...there came a day, when my child, both my hubby and I, were manipulated, deceived, freakin fooled by 'someone' in sheep's clothing. We were blinded. Still can't figure out how. A day came... the blindfold was lifted...all confusions clear as day.
No one died...thank you, Jesus. Granted, my rememberance hardly compares to the horrors of this thread. I've never been fooled again, yet keenly aware that I could be...if...

I (I'm hesitant to say WE, lol!) know next to nothin bout mom, except for all her actions that night. I understand her 'kind' (meaning different than my interpretation of a mother's way)...but, I'll cut her slack, consider nothing criminal...until or unless 1) DRUGS 2) All the other BAD stuff...come to fruition. Then..I'll be more than willing to slap more than sense...
Oh, well...

Being a parent is a tough job, a 24/7 job. Children need to feel a sense of protection given by their parents. Providing love alone to a child is not enough.

Personally, if you're not up to the job, are too self-absorbed, have addiction or mental health issues, or can barely rub two nickles together then think twice before becoming a parent.
Children aren't placed on this earth to fill another person's (parents) void.

The mark of an excellent parent is raising healthy, independent adults that contribute positively to our society. Parenting is about giving, not taking.

And the least you could do as a parent is keep your children far away from anyone that gives you the "creeps".......puh-leaze!

all moo

The changing stories make it hard for me personally. You know, from I didn't realize Cherish was not near me to her last words to Cherish were Bring me back a cheese burger to I did not allow her to go with him and in fact I had told her not to leave stores with strangers. Then she waited for Walmart to close and stood around the closed Walmart waiting for what, 20 minutes, 30 minutes, before calling 911. That says to me that the last words bit is probably the closest thing to the truth here. She knew Cherish went with him and she was waiting for them to come back with her cheeseburger and the money. Otherwise I must believe that every mother would raise the alarm immediately if her child is suddenly missing from a store at that time of night without explanation after you've been hanging out for hours with a creepy guy with a creepy van who just left. So I am led to believe that the stories change because she thinks herself that she has something to hide.

The changing stories make it hard for me personally. You know, from I didn't realize Cherish was not near me to her last words to Cherish were Bring me back a cheese burger to I did not allow her to go with him and in fact I had told her not to leave stores with strangers. Then she waited for Walmart to close and stood around the closed Walmart waiting for what, 20 minutes, 30 minutes, before calling 911. That says to me that the last words bit is probably the closest thing to the truth here. She knew Cherish went with him and she was waiting for them to come back with her cheeseburger and the money. Otherwise I must believe that every mother would raise the alarm immediately if her child is suddenly missing from a store at that time of night without explanation after you've been hanging out for hours with a creepy guy with a creepy van who just left. So I am led to believe that the stories change because she thinks herself that she has something to hide.

Exactly! This hits the nail right on the head for me.

:clap:

Yep. Especially the part about waiting 20 mins at the front of the store for him to come back and pay for her items. The way it should have happened to a reasonable person (well, forget that I guess because a reasonable person would never be in this situation, but let's play along here...) is she gets up front and doesn't see them. She puts her cart aside for a moment (I do it all the time to take my kids to the bathroom), scurries over to McD's, sees the gate's down and then does the HOLY **** where is MY KID FREAK OUT. But that didn't happen. She just stood there (presumably) waiting for her "man in shining armor" to come pay for her cart of stuff. All the while, he is doing horrible things to her child at this time and she is oblivious.

DS completely creeps me out. Thank you for posting those. :)

Me too, def something dead in those eyes. I do see that he looks quite slim and fairly feebleish. I can see why it may make him appear less threatening.
Different than my initial reaction from the Walmart picture, maybe because the angle of the camera, and black shirt and his general body language in that picture.
I doubt I would trust him, I have learned to listen to my first instinct (dead eyes). He probably worked hard on his charm for a long time so he could overcome a persons knee jerk reaction of him.

I wonder how he managed to hide what he was in for from inmates. Would also be interesting albeit creepy to hear his voice and how he interacts. He had a previous victims family go to McDonald's ? I am sure that is what I read on MSN. I am not sure i would be convinced to meet anyone at Maccas.

Sex offenders against children are not respected in prison.
So of course he wasn't going to admit it. That previous crime wasn't made public, so it would be easy for him to not admit it.

There's NO way in HE!! I could wait 20 minutes!!! I'd be jumping out of my skin immediately, if not sooner. :)

Of course, this would NEVER have happened to begin with, since the first time a man offers me and my children money/card, I'd say NO thank you, and walk away.

He could've had the shovel under the laid out carpet, especially if here was other work" clutter" back there a lump wouldn't necessarily be noticeable. But, he had been out only 3 weeks and I haven't heard any evidence that he actually had been working. It would make sense for seats to be removed for a painter, especially a painter that is self employed and buys 5 gallon buckets of paint and transports to site along with rollers, lights, drop cloths. But would he have carpet in said work van,MOO, no. I once ran into a painter at Home Depot that had just dumped an entire 5 gallon in the back of his truck after someone cut him off.
MOO, he hadn't been working yet, he removed those seats for other reasons. The question is when, and where. Personally, I think with his history of peeping/lurking and masturbating in public places makes me think he probably used that area for things he didn't do around his 80+ yr old mother. Probably removed for a time before this incident. I am just brainstorming here. Wonder if they found seats on premises.
I just keep going back to thinking this was started as his cat and mouse game (I think he likes the chase) but when the opportunity came up, he took it- against everything that told him him he would get caught.
What scares me is that these animals, they can't bury that urge, no matter how detrimental it will be to them.

When she tossed her little 3 girls on the floor of his van I would HOPE she would at the very, very least look to see if there was anything back there that could strike them in the head if he stopped short. I think a shovel would be clinking, even if under something. It wasn't a snow shovel. Shovels to move earth are heavy and they don't lay flat.

When she tossed her little 3 girls on the floor of his van I would HOPE she would at the very, very least look to see if there was anything back there that could strike them in the head if he stopped short. I think a shovel would be clinking, even if under something. It wasn't a snow shovel. Shovels to move earth are heavy and they don't lay flat.

I don't know that we can assume that woman would do the very least.
I'm pretty sure that night, she was interested in a gift card...not doing the least for her children. Sigh. :(

**Oh, and wasn't he found wet and muddy? The church had water behind, right? (I really can't remember.) They didn't find him until the next day and so far, have not said they knew what he was doing in that time. He could have retrieved a shovel after. AND...RP is the only one who has said she was buried. I'm going to take that with a grain of salt, until LE says that's what happened. Still, it would not surprise me at all, if she just didn't bother to notice a shovel.

I would almost rather (I don't even like thinking about it) he got the shovel later. Thinking of them driving with the shovel back there, just makes me more angry at RP, and more sad for Cherish.

I am trying hard to sit on my hands here and not be critical of Cherish's mom. But the part about the perp handing her child clothes in the dressing room really makes my blood boil. My own DH didn't even go near the dressing room with his own DD when she was that age. He respected her budding privacy. I cannot believe she would allow a fawning stranger anywhere near a young girl trying on clothing. :stormingmad:

There is a Salvation Army Store with a storage container ( open in back) in front of the store in the parking lot for donations- on Lem Turner.

The map below shows where it is between Walmart and the church on Broward Rd.

http://goo.gl/maps/l1pNJ

I wonder two things. First I think tis is quite probable what his actions were and now I wonder if LE actually got the stroller if they would announce that fact? Or just keep it silent because they have the evidence. Also dp is probably being sought for the additional reason that the murder took place at or close to the same time and in connection with another felony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nutphinx