GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@FCN2go: Florida Department of Children and Families takes other children from mother of Cherish http://t.co/gX2UekS8d4

Not sure if this has been posted , just seen on twitter.

It seems like the best solution, keeping the children safe while she takes parenting classes and can visit the children. Later, if she learns what she needs to learn, she can get her children back.

@FCN2go: Florida Department of Children and Families takes other children from mother of Cherish http://t.co/gX2UekS8d4

I am SO happy to see this. There is no way that RP should have any children in her care. She has proven that incapable of and/or unwilling to protect them. Cherish is dead because of choices she made and nothing she has said since then makes me think that she learnt a thing from that tragedy. I can only wish that the judge had listen to the evaluator and placed Cherish with her father before RP cost that baby her life.

It seems like the best solution, keeping the children safe while she takes parenting classes and can visit the children. Later, if she learns what she needs to learn, she can get her children back.

I honestly don't think that parenting classes will be effective in this case. You can't teach common sense and that is all that it would have taken to prevent this tragedy. There will always be monsters preying on our children but leaving children in the care of a woman that is willing to make it easy for them to feed their sick desires is unjustifiable. I do not think that giving parents 2nd and 3rd chances after they screw up is in the best interest of anyone but the monsters waiting for their opportunity.

I don't think parenting classes will be effective because I think Rayne is they type of mom that her wants always take priority. Always more concerned about getting what she wants than the basic needs for her children. I don't think a lack of common sense is the issue, she felt he was a creep but her want for $100 gift card was a higher priority than her children's safety and life. She risked their lives for $100. She had common sense, she taught them stranger danger, she knew the guy was creepy, she lacked normal human instincts to protect your child from dangers.

I honestly don't think that parenting classes will be effective in this case. You can't teach common sense and that is all that it would have taken to prevent this tragedy. There will always be monsters preying on our children but leaving children in the care of a woman that is willing to make it easy for them to feed their sick desires is unjustifiable. I do not think that giving parents 2nd and 3rd chances after they screw up is in the best interest of anyone but the monsters waiting for their opportunity.

I tend to agree. This is a 45 year old mother who had her first child 27ish years ago.

If mental health and job training services are offered, I hope she takes advantage of them.

Oh THANK GOODNESS. I only hope they took this long because of public scrutiny and to ensure their decision is airtight. I've seen children removed for SO much less and was horrified that these innocent little girls were still in her "care".

What a relief! I hope that the young girls are now in a safe, caring, and watchful environment.
Now RP can get herself straightened out .. or not .. it is all up to her.

ETA: I wonder if they gave her conditions to meet to keep her children, and she has now breached those conditions. May be the reason for what we see as a delay in removing the girls.

What a relief! I hope that the young girls are now in a safe, caring, and watchful environment.
Now RP can get herself straightened out .. or not .. it is all up to her.

ETA: I wonder if they gave her conditions to meet to keep her children, and she has now breached those conditions. May be the reason for what we see as a delay in removing the girls.

I hope that whatever the reasons, if she can do what is needed she can have the other two back soon. This has got to be confusing to the 3 and 5 year old minds. First their sister, now taken from mom and dad? Kids do not understand stuff like this.

I hope that whatever the reasons, if she can do what is needed she can have the other two back soon. This has got to be confusing to the 3 and 5 year old minds. First their sister, now taken from mom and dad? Kids do not understand stuff like this.

i would rather them not understand this situation than have to go thru what poor cherish went thru. no, its not the best situation, but given the circumstances, its necessary.

and i agree with the above posts, a mom can't learn common sense. protecting your wee ones... you've either got it or you don't. my daughter is new to motherhood, and while I've known all along that she'd be a great momma, it warms my heart to see her fiercely maternal instincts kick in. i was holding the baby the other day when my toddler yelled, and startled the baby. my daughter was outside but appeared instantly to swoop him out of my arms to comfort him. that's not a learned behavior, its a momma instinct yhat is woven into a good moms very being. you cant just give it to a mom, nor can you remove it.

I am sooooooooooooooooooo relieved and happy to see this! I have been so worried about those 2 girls. They may not understand what has happened but they were there when their sister was taken and they also were put in extreme danger that night due to RP and their own father who also had no problem with them in a strangers van. I have a feeling there has been much confusion in their young lives at least they are safe.Too bad it took Cherish's death for something to be done about RP parenting skills or lack of them!

They may not understand what has happened but they were there when their sister was taken and they also were put in extreme danger that night due to RP and their own father who also had no problem with them in a strangers van.

I agree, I shudder to think how that scenario could have played out for all 3 of those girls. He could have killed RP and taken off with the girls for a long time before they were found. It seriously makes me sick to think about it.

I agree, I shudder to think how that scenario could have played out for all 3 of those girls. He could have killed RP and taken off with the girls for a long time before they were found. It seriously makes me sick to think about it.

I was stunned from the minute I read about what happened when Cherish was first missing,when it came out how RP put them in his van I was livid! RP put all 3 of her children in grave danger that night,first thing I thought too.It could have been all 3 murdered.RP just proved by all her own actions that night that she should not be in charge of any children!

Thank Goodness for the children!!!

I really don't care how RP feels, whether she gets the help she needs or whether she gets her kids back. I don't believe RP is "fixable". From everything I have read, she simply lacks common sense and maternal instinct. Those are not teachable. If RP couldn't keep track of her child at Walmart, she certainly is going to have a hard time concentrating and being a good MOM through the trial process. JMO

At least, these children are SAFE! Unfortunately, it's too late for Cherish. :cry:

The only reason that RP and the other 2 girls are alive is because DS only wanted Cherish. If he had been a bit more motivated we would be having a very different discussion. I honestly don't know how RP can live with the knowledge that Cherish is dead and the other children are only alive because a monster spared them after she drug them into his den. I'm relieved to know that she won't have another opportunity to risk their lives anytime soon.

I'm so happy for the children! They are in the care of people who will help them cope with the death of their sister and keep them safe! Who knows, they might actually be relieved to get the care they need and deserve! The conditions of the home, from what I have read, are not the conditions any child should be living in. Obviously, CPS agreed. The focus needs to be on the children and their healing. This isn't about the mother anymore...it's about the safety, welfare, health and care of the kids! JMO

Hi {{{All}}}
Have kept up with this case from the 2nd day. Do not think it will get any better other than Cherish was found and can be buried, and RSO will be found guilty. AGAIN, as we all cry for, including Oprah, do not ever EVER let these 'people' out of their cages. They deserve to be in them until their last day as they will ALWAYS do it again. They are wired in such a way that will never go away and they live to do it again. There is NO cure!

Have differing feelings on mom, but surely know she played a part. Could have been prevented, but for drug addiction..faulty mind or greed? Whatever, I'm sure she would not have traded her daughter's life no matter how sick she is, or has been.

Let me edit...I will say that Mom played a game ($100 WM card?) with her daughter. She had to know that he saw/feel interest in Cherish, not her. She was very much at fault no matter her issues.

I just wish to say that sex offenders are not molesters..let's call them what they ARE---child RAPISTS!!! should never EVER see the light of day again. Why can't this legislation be passed?

Is a child who has been raped any less raped? Why do they call it molestation when it is rape on the most base of terms?

The kids are in safe custody now? Praise God! I'm thankful nothing happened to them in the 19 days they were left with RP following Cherish's murder.
I hope these babies are on to bigger & better things. I hope they are able to heal & live healthy, happy lives.

I tend to agree. This is a 45 year old mother who had her first child 27ish years ago.

If mental health and job training services are offered, I hope she takes advantage of them.

I had heard rumors of another child/adult now but could not find any MSM articles stating how old that child was. Maybe an option for the younger sisters? Where is the link to MSM that disusses this child? Male or female?

I had heard rumors of another child/adult now but could not find any MSM articles stating how old that child was. Maybe an option for the younger sisters? Where is the link to MSM that disusses this child? Male or female?

27yo female living in Australia. I believe she has kids of her own. I don't have an MSM link, but I have seen this reported in MSM over the course of this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CindyW1974