GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #4 *GRAPHIC CONTENT*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO..if Smith begins to feel he has lost, whatever he wants today, he will pull out some stops to have his say. He is "dying" to get on the stand and brag.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Good morning WS Friends. Hope to catch remainder of Penalty Phase. Good to be here.

Who was the last witness? I wasn't able to get on quick enough to hear her. (And sadly, I have to leave again soon...boo. Hope I can catch more later though!)

anne schindler
@schindy
·
56s
"I will never forget his face." Victim Kerri-Anne Buck points out #DonaldSmith, the man who tried to kidnap her when she was 13. @FCN2go

Proffer going on...

anne schindler
@schindy
·
5m
Some legal arguments to come. Def wants to use pharmacologist Dr. Daniel E Buffington to discuss effects of cocaine use. State says he's a qualified to discuss drug's physical impact, but not psychological ones, bc he's not a doctor @FCN2go #DonaldSmith

[FONT=&quot]https://twitter.com/schindy/status/965968326261399552

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"He told me to get the f*ck in the van," former victim cries. How would you describe his voice, prosecutor asks. "Mean" she says "Scary." [/FONT]@FCN2go[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]#DonaldSmith

Cocaine isn't going to promote pedophilia, doctor says

[FONT=&amp]https://twitter.com/schindy/status/965968326261399552

[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]"He told me to get the f*ck in the van," former victim cries. How would you describe his voice, prosecutor asks. "Mean" she says "Scary." [/FONT]@FCN2go#DonaldSmith

Thanks for that Twitter link. Just read through all that I missed. "This week it's about mental illness." GRRRR!!!!!!!! No, no, it's not! This is utter nonsense and I hope the jury sees right through it.

(Side note - does anyone else's news4jax feed keep crashing? Not sure if it's just my tablet or if it's on their end.)

Thanks for that Twitter link. Just read through all that I missed. "This week it's about mental illness." GRRRR!!!!!!!! No, no, it's not! This is utter nonsense and I hope the jury sees right through it.

(Side note - does anyone else's news4jax feed keep crashing? Not sure if it's just my tablet or if it's on their end.)

I haven't had any problems, other than lousy sound.

Bless her heart. Brave girl speaking out about him.

Yes it is...,,he is a psychopath...,listed in DSM.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

DONALD SMITH TRIAL - PENALTY PHASE - DAY 1 - PART 1

[video=youtube;A1J5BjQhUEA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1J5BjQhUEA&feature=youtu.be&a=[/video]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pukasonqo2 and mpnola -- Exactly right -- in little Cherish's mind, he wasn't a stranger, he was a friend of Mommy's. So, off she went with the nice man who was going to buy her new clothes and take them to the happy place which was McDonald's.

My comments about stranger-danger were not about the Walmart/Rayne/Cherish/DS situation, I was speaking as a parent about the fine line of making kids aware of stranger-danger and scaring kids about people in general -- it's a difficult teaching lesson.

DS really did a number on a weak person -- Rayne was skeptical of DS as she should have been, but his well-polished b.s. and Rayne's need for help with paying for clothes & other necessities pushed her beyond her mother's intuition. She was in a tuff place financially, she was vulnerable and she gave up her no. 1 priority to a monster. I wonder how long it took her to realize she had made the biggest mistake of her life.

The trial was far too difficult for me to follow closely. The penalty phase is something I am following. I look forward to seeing the prosecution question the doctors on the defense list. I imagine they will pick apart any argument they think they have.

I trust this jury completely.

Starting back up

ETA: Licensed clinical psychologist is first witness after lunch

Poor little DS -- he looks so pitiful & scared. That's why they wanted him in the jail-bird suit. (That is not allowed in the NC system -- the defendant must never wear jail/prison clothing in any phase of a trial -- I think it's because they want to take the "pity" part out of it.)

Here we go -- a doctor in psychology. Oh, goody! /s

Discussing DS's relationship with his mother and stepfathers.
ETA: Now discussing his drug use history. Started taking prescription medicines found in his home as a teenager (or younger).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member