GUILTY FL - Cherish Perrywinkle, 8, Jacksonville, 21 June 2013 #5 *GRAPHIC CONTENT*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
On a final note one thing that nagged at me was killer throwing the rope in the shopping cart when it appears that not one of those items in the cart were ever going to be paid for. Killer seemed to enjoy the game before his crime/s. Was it a taunt?

I think it was a taunt in his sick mind. By then he had picked out his victim...he followed her all over Walmart.

On a final note one thing that nagged at me was killer throwing the rope in the shopping cart when it appears that not one of those items in the cart were ever going to be paid for. Killer seemed to enjoy the game before his crime/s. Was it a taunt?

I could completely see it as a taunt, and somewhat a bait/test -- like "here's a blatant clue that should spook them, and if it doesn't, that's the signal that I'm ok to proceed."

I read somewhere on WS, I believe, that DS begged his mother to get rid of the van before he was released from jail/prison prior to killing Cherish. That seems similar to me, like he couldn't trust his own ability to control his actions unless the outer environment was arranged just so, to remove all temptations. The fact that the van remained, just like the fact that the rope in the cart didn't cause RP to freak/run, became his mental "permission" to proceed... bleah...

I think the coward will commit suicide in prison.

I cannot see why he would commit suicide. He likely won't be beat up in there by the general population who hate child rapists/murderers. He will be housed alongside the worst of the worst, and severely restricted. Three meals a day. Snacks, radio, 13" TV in his cell. Books. Magazines. Crossword puzzles. Sudoku. Medical and dental taken care of.

Visits from his son, perhaps. Letters from death row inmate support groups.

Probably around 80 years old before he faces the executioner, if he doesn't die before then. Retirement without all the costs (for him). If he was younger, it may have a bigger impact on him.

The death sentence is a good outcome, but in reality life won't be too tough for him, I don't think. There seems to be no legal outcome that can match what he put Cherish through. :(

All we can really do is stop him from doing it again.

http://www.dc.state.fl.us/oth/deathrow/

<modsnip>

I'm not disagreeing with it, honestly. I would question my ability to care for my kids if one of my kids was murdered in this fashion. The depression, the anxiety... gah. I just don't know that I would be in a good place if something like this happened. So I understand why. I just can't help but feel bad for her that she lost ALL of her kids. As if what happened to Cherish wasn't enough, you know?

I do hope the girls have a good life now. I would imagine they went through their own grieving process after all of this, and I would hope that this gives them an opportunity to move on and "start fresh" if you will.

I could completely see it as a taunt, and somewhat a bait/test -- like "here's a blatant clue that should spook them, and if it doesn't, that's the signal that I'm ok to proceed."

I read somewhere on WS, I believe, that DS begged his mother to get rid of the van before he was released from jail/prison prior to killing Cherish. That seems similar to me, like he couldn't trust his own ability to control his actions unless the outer environment was arranged just so, to remove all temptations. The fact that the van remained, just like the fact that the rope in the cart didn't cause RP to freak/run, became his mental "permission" to proceed... bleah...

I agree. I remember that too, Auntie, about DS wanting his mother to sell the van. She didn't sell it, because she wanted him to have transportation so that he could work (you know, that 4-letter word:
W-O-R-K, that seems to be a stranger to him)?

Someone else pointed out, too, how DS ambled around all over Walmart, checking out various things -- like, when the McDonald's would be closing -- so he could have an excuse to leave the premises under the pretense of going to a McDonald's nearby with Cherish that was open at that time of night.

I do think he was under the influence of smoking crack, prior to getting to DG and Walmart, and he formed his grandiose plan to take all of them. But, as someone else very wisely pointed out, it would not be necessary to tie all of them up with the rope (as I had envisioned him doing). All he had to do was tie Rayne up and incapacitate her, and he could control the other three girls.

I think he probably had the means to pay for at least some of the items, or even everything, and I think that was his original plan -- rope and all. But, as his crack high wore off, and it got later, the night came on, and the kids were hungry and restless, he may have realized that his scheme was a little too "ambitious." It required too much energy and there were many chances for things to go wrong. He had to modify it -- make it more workable.

When the announcement was made that the store would soon close, he realized that he could just leave. But there was Cherish, shadowing him, and expecting him to buy cheeseburgers for all of them. He still could have told her to go back to her Mom and sisters, and left the store alone. When he made that conscious decision to walk out the door of Walmart, with her following behind, he knew he was already in trouble. He was a convicted sex offender, how would he explain it. It made him angry, but he did nothing to stop her.

Oh, well. It was her fault, he figured. He'd just have to kill her, that's all. He wouldn't have to buy any cheeseburgers, or anything from Walmart, and he wouldn't need that rope.

I'm not disagreeing with it, honestly. I would question my ability to care for my kids if one of my kids was murdered in this fashion. The depression, the anxiety... gah. I just don't know that I would be in a good place if something like this happened. So I understand why. I just can't help but feel bad for her that she lost ALL of her kids. As if what happened to Cherish wasn't enough, you know?

I do hope the girls have a good life now. I would imagine they went through their own grieving process after all of this, and I would hope that this gives them an opportunity to move on and "start fresh" if you will.

I agree. I can't even imagine her pain and her loss. Not only has Cherish gone forever, but her remaining daughters are now living across the other side of the world. She has lost so much, and while I have been so damn angry with her at times in this case, she was a mother, and I have no doubt she loved her daughters. She was in a horrible situation, because of poverty, and she made some bad decisions, but none that deserved what happened. My feelings towards Rayne have changed since Cherish initially went missing.

I agree. I remember that too, Auntie, about DS wanting his mother to sell the van. She didn't sell it, because she wanted him to have transportation so that he could work (you know, that 4-letter word:
W-O-R-K, that seems to be a stranger to him)?

Someone else pointed out, too, how DS ambled around all over Walmart, checking out various things -- like, when the McDonald's would be closing -- so he could have an excuse to leave the premises under the pretense of going to a McDonald's nearby with Cherish that was open at that time of night.

I do think he was under the influence of smoking crack, prior to getting to DG and Walmart, and he formed his grandiose plan to take all of them. But, as someone else very wisely pointed out, it would not be necessary to tie all of them up with the rope (as I had envisioned him doing). All he had to do was tie Rayne up and incapacitate her, and he could control the other three girls.

I think he probably had the means to pay for at least some of the items, or even everything, and I think that was his original plan -- rope and all. But, as his crack high wore off, and it got later, the night came on, and the kids were hungry and restless, he may have realized that his scheme was a little too "ambitious." It required too much energy and there were many chances for things to go wrong. He had to modify it -- make it more workable.

When the announcement was made that the store would soon close, he realized that he could just leave. But there was Cherish, shadowing him, and expecting him to buy cheeseburgers for all of them. He still could have told her to go back to her Mom and sisters, and left the store alone. When he made that conscious decision to walk out the door of Walmart, with her following behind, he knew he was already in trouble. He was a convicted sex offender, how would he explain it. It made him angry, but he did nothing to stop her.

Oh, well. It was her fault, he figured. He'd just have to kill her, that's all. He wouldn't have to buy any cheeseburgers, or anything from Walmart, and he wouldn't need that rope.

RBBM. What doesn't make sense to me (and I've worked with people with crack addictions) is that I don't even think he was on crack that night, as he would be more desperate to get more crack (the desire to keep smoking crack is so powerful) and I can't see him being prepared to walk around Walmart for that long. Addicts need to keep topping up regularly, I've known many people to have to smoke rock after rock every 10 minutes or so to keep themselves high. His mind would be more on "how do I get some more crack to keep this high going" than anything. I think on that night he may not have been on crack until he actually took Cherish as he was far too scheming and precise in his plans to integrate himself with Rayne and her children, and not concentrating on getting more crack into him.

RBBM. What doesn't make sense to me (and I've worked with people with crack addictions) is that I don't even think he was on crack that night, as he would be more desperate to get more crack (the desire to keep smoking crack is so powerful) and I can't see him being prepared to walk around Walmart for that long. Addicts need to keep topping up regularly, I've known many people to have to smoke rock after rock every 10 minutes or so to keep themselves high. His mind would be more on "how do I get some more crack to keep this high going" than anything. I think on that night he may not have been on crack until he actually took Cherish as he was far too scheming and precise in his plans to integrate himself with Rayne and her children, and not concentrating on getting more crack into him.

Well, that certainly makes sense. I don't have any experience with being around anyone who was actively doing crack, or at least I was too dumb to realize it. I did have a friend who said she used to smoke meth -- back in the 80's! I didn't even think that it existed then. What's the difference between crack and meth? I thought that meth had pretty much replaced crack (?).

Well, that certainly makes sense. I don't have any experience with being around anyone who was actively doing crack, or at least I was too dumb to realize it. I did have a friend who said she used to smoke meth -- back in the 80's! I didn't even think that it existed then. What's the difference between crack and meth? I thought that meth had pretty much replaced crack (?).

Meth is meth, ice.
Crack is cocaine, but in rock form. Two different drugs.

I know more about crack than meth, as it's used more with the people I've worked with. Crack is super addictive, gives an intense euphoric high, but it's a short lived high. Addicts will literally do anything to keep the high going (sex workers will make enough for a rock, say $20 Canadian Dollars), smoke the rock and go back out on the street immediately after to make another $20. I've known addicts who have been getting continuously high for several days, before stopping smoking it for a few hours. Their focus is entirely on crack and how to get more of it, not having it seems to bring on intense anxiety about how they are going to get another rock. If the 's self reported crack usage was as high as he said and he had smoked some just prior to engaging with Rayne and the children, then there is no way imo he would be able to wander around Walmart for as long as he did. He would be desperate for another toke, and he would have been back and forwards to the bathrooms or outside to keep topping up.

I know more about crack than meth, as it's used more with the people I've worked with. Crack is super addictive, gives an intense euphoric high, but it's a short lived high. Addicts will literally do anything to keep the high going (sex workers will make enough for a rock, say $20 Canadian Dollars), smoke the rock and go back out on the street immediately after to make another $20. I've known addicts who have been getting continuously high for several days, before stopping smoking it for a few hours. Their focus is entirely on crack and how to get more of it, not having it seems to bring on intense anxiety about how they are going to get another rock. If the 's self reported crack usage was as high as he said and he had smoked some just prior to engaging with Rayne and the children, then there is no way imo he would be able to wander around Walmart for as long as he did. He would be desperate for another toke, and he would have been back and forwards to the bathrooms or outside to keep topping up.

I think he CLAIMED that he had toked in the bathroom at Walmart, but we doubted it. With all the footage from cameras, they would have been able to see that. So, I'm convinced that he was crack-free until, as you say, he took Cherish.

Thanks for the information, Blef, very interesting.

I cannot see why he would commit suicide. He likely won't be beat up in there by the general population who hate child rapists/murderers. He will be housed alongside the worst of the worst, and severely restricted. Three meals a day. Snacks, radio, 13" TV in his cell. Books. Magazines. Crossword puzzles. Sudoku. Medical and dental taken care of.

Probably around 80 years old before he faces the executioner, if he doesn't die before then. Retirement without all the costs (for him). If he was younger, it may have a bigger impact on him.

The death sentence is a good outcome, but in reality life won't be too tough for him, I don't think. There seems to be no legal outcome that can match what he put Cherish through. :(

It will still be psychological torture for him. I don't think he's strong enough to withstand that especially considering that he has attempted suicide before.

I think he CLAIMED that he had toked in the bathroom at Walmart, but we doubted it. With all the footage from cameras, they would have been able to see that. So, I'm convinced that he was crack-free until, as you say, he took Cherish.

Thanks for the information, Blef, very interesting.

Plus the smell is very distinctive. I can't imagine someone else in Walmart using the bathroom and not telling staff that there was that smell in there. He was there quite a time, he would have probably needed to toke a few times and I think it would have been noticed that he kept disappearing to the bathroom.

Cherish Perrywinkle's mom, anti-death penalty protesters clash outside courthouse (with clip)

"...Minutes after the jury recommended the death penalty, nuns with a local church protested capital punishment outside the courthouse.

Cherish’s mother, Rayne Perrywinkle, drove by.

“Don't keep him alive so he can keep getting out,” Perrywinkle said in response to the protesters. “It ends now."

“This is a difficult case for all of us here,” said Beverly DiStefano, a sister at the St. Catherine of Siena Catholic Church in Orange Park. “An innocent child lost her life but taking Donald Smith's life or anybody else's life will not bring Cherish back.”

The group says it balances faith with sympathy for the families of victims.

“I understand their anger," DiStefano said. “I understand their feelings toward Mr. Smith, but still again, I think about our God. He said in the Ten Commandments, 'Thou shalt not kill.'”

Perrywinkle had a biblical quote of her own.

"The Bible says, ‘an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth,’” Perrywinkle said...."

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/artic...testers-clash-outside-courthouse/77-522297612
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He'll have the "life-of-Riley"...:mad:... as you have stated- meals served to him 3X a day, snacks bought from the money his mother will probably send him, his clothes washed for him, never having to work, pay taxes, no one to assault him...a easier life than he has had, IMO...Pfttt. It makes me so... :stormingmad:

I've been thinking of this case so much.

I sit on the fence on the death penalty but believe in it in this case. This is one despicable man. <modsnip>
<modsnip> I know she loved her kids as she was out trying to buy them things they needed. Was she perfect? No. Absolutely not. I have not ever been in her shoes and I hope to God I am never there. To have to choose between food and clothing for your kids is heartbreaking.

She did something that changed the course of her life forever. She has nothing now. I hope she can find some peace.

He did it though. He took advantage and played a terrible game with a sweet little girl as the prize. Rayne did not do this. He played her for a fool and took her daughter. If she wants to talk to him... so be it. I say whatever she needs to do to start to heal from what this monster did is what she needs to do. The betrayal and embarrassment will run deep for a long time. Cherish was hunted. Had he not gotten her this way, I am not so sure he wouldn't have found another way.

I am disgusted that no one in Walmart would help this woman when her daughter went missing. There are so many crimes of humanity here. It is gut wrenching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mykand