GUILTY FL - Christian Aguilar, 18, UF student, Gainesville, 20 Sept 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone said why they were at Streits Motorsports? It is way out of the way for students unless they went there for something specific. There are no bars, sporting events etc in the area.

The area around Cabana Beach seems more logical and Streits is a red herring. If Bravo bought a shovel to dig a grave in the swampy area near Cabana, therefore needed the bug spray for the mosquitos and ticks, somehow had the flats getting to or from the area, it would make sense that he could drive back on the flats. WalMart is just down the street from Beat Buy and in the general area of Cabana.

There is a swampy area across 20th Ave and just to the east of Cabana. We have had people lost in the area for several days. I am not sure of the access to the area from 20th. With the rain we have had, there is a lot of mud, and if he got stuck, he could have slid into a tree and caused the dent. Haven't figured out how to get two flats in the woods other than a curb trying to get into the woods.

Just my general thoughts. Streits just doesn't make sense. Unless, someone wanted a helmet. Then the GPD's officers comment about looking for areas where a two wheeled vehicle could have access. Did Bravo have a scooter?

Pedro's roommate said he has a bike but did not take it that day. No mention has been made of a scooter.

The ticks can be awful there - and so small they're hard to see. TMI but i once stripped completely while hiking because ticks are pretty much my only "phobia". Bleh. Thanks for doing so much!

Ha ha! I once had a complete stranger (a guy) look down the back of my pants because I thought I felt something. All he saw was a nice view of my thong. He probably loves going on searches now. You never know what you'll find! LOL

Funny story: I was on another search one time and the ticks were terrible. Itty bitty baby ones nearly impossible to see. When I got home, I was in the shower and noticed a small spot up at the top of my thigh (where the leg bends). It was at a terrible location to see, so I just started picking at it. Long story short....I picked and picked and finally figured out it was a freckle! Today I have a lovely scar as a reminder that a magnifying glass would be a wonderful investment. :)

Has anyone said why they were at Streits Motorsports? It is way out of the way for students unless they went there for something specific. There are no bars, sporting events etc in the area.
(snipped by me for length)

Round bar is right there (unless it has closed since I left...but they aren't 21)

Round bar was on 39th and Main. The tore it down a few years ago.
Streits is out 13th near where Dub's lounge used to be. There is a Home Depot, but Lowe's is much closer. I can't think of anything out there. They are building a WalMart Supercenter, but it is not done.

I'm interested in what happened to Pedro's car in the days before CA went missing. It would seem something occurred on September 16th that caused Pedro to purchase duct tape and a shovel. Did he have to buy tires too? His roommate claims to have helped him with two flat tires, what's the story here? did they use fix a flat? or take the tires off and have them plugged? or put two spares on? I mean fixing flat tires is some sort of process and duct tape usually isn't the answer.

Pedro's roommate said he has a bike but did not take it that day. No mention has been made of a scooter.

But he never said if the bike was there or missing after the two subsequent
trips Pedro made to the apartment. Or- he could of bought/stolen/"borrowed"
a scooter or dirtbike

So, according to Skipper, the dent was "massive" - I wish I could see a pic to see what "massive" means to him. For now, I'll just go with the idea that it wasn't a dent from hitting a mailbox or something like that.

Now, TWO flat tires really stand out to me. I'm wondering the same thing as Maureen718: Did he have to replace both tires? And, if so, did he have to buy at least one tire? I mean, most people might have one spare, but not two. Or, were they able to patch one/both of the tires? Was there sometime IN the tires that punctured them (like a nail)? If he helped him fix/change the tires, they must have been at least usable to be driven on (to get home from wherever the damage occurred), but damaged badly enough that they were noticeably in need of repair. Lord knows I've driven around many times with a nail in my tire without even knowing it!

Supposedly he said he "hit a curb" and that is what caused all the damage. First of all, I declare shenanigans on that. We went over several curbs yesterday in our searches and didn't get any dents (my butt got a dent from being thrown around the back of a pickup, but that's another story:jumping:). Now, there were several areas where a car could be driven into that weren't necessarily roads (just wide enough to get a car through but passing over thick brush and past lots of trees. I'm wondering if he drove INTO a place like that, but then had a problem getting back out. If he tried to either back out or even turn the car around, I could see him hitting a tree/ditch/etc and causing the damage to his car. That would leave a HUGE amount of tracks in the area, though, I would think.

Am I blind? I don't see any damage to it at all. Maybe it's not showing up on my computer screen very well...

The area around Cabana Beach seems more logical and Streits is a red herring. If Bravo bought a shovel to dig a grave in the swampy area near Cabana, therefore needed the bug spray for the mosquitos and ticks, somehow had the flats getting to or from the area, it would make sense that he could drive back on the flats. WalMart is just down the street from Beat Buy and in the general area of Cabana.

There is a swampy area across 20th Ave and just to the east of Cabana. We have had people lost in the area for several days. I am not sure of the access to the area from 20th. With the rain we have had, there is a lot of mud, and if he got stuck, he could have slid into a tree and caused the dent. Haven't figured out how to get two flats in the woods other than a curb trying to get into the woods.

Just my general thoughts. Streits just doesn't make sense. Unless, someone wanted a helmet. Then the GPD's officers comment about looking for areas where a two wheeled vehicle could have access. Did Bravo have a scooter?

I'm beginning to wonder if Streits is a red herring also, unless they went in to the store and the info was verified by an employee or video.
As far as I remember, Pedro is the only one making that claim. I haven't heard LE confirm that is correct info. Has anyone else?

Am I blind? I don't see any damage to it at all. Maybe it's not showing up on my computer screen very well...

I don't see it either but my eyes have gotten pretty bad through the years. Perhaps its just under the bumper?

Is there damage on the side at the bottom of the door? I may be seeing things... it is hard to tell.

Streits closes at 6 pm. I would guess they would have 2-3 employees leaving at that time. Someone would have seen something if it occurred at 6pm or shortly after.

Here is a pic of the right front of the Vehicle. Looks like it's parked next to a LE vehicle.

http://www.facebook.com/NBCMiami

Police said they hope the wheel is unique enough that someone may remember seeing the vehicle or that a Gainesville business owner may have captured the vehicle on an outside surveillance video.

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/Search...ristian-Aguilar-Resumes-Friday-171777451.html
It looks like the front passenger side tire is a spare since it is not on the same rim as the back tire, I'm guessing the other flat tire was the driver's side front? does anyone know for sure?

My parents owned a collision shop for 20 years...but the pics are not great- and I don't know what this thing looked like beforehand. After all - it is a 2000 and a teen's vehicle.
The NEW dent is in front of the rear pass. side tire and what looks like scrapes are across that bottom panel to the front pass. tire. I enlarged the page- it helped- but there is still reflection on it...back driver's side tire is old- wear to tread is obvious. I'd say both pass tires...and it is out of alignment- the mud patterns are unequal showing unbalance.

http://www.local10.com/news/Police-...case/-/1717324/16776576/-/clw3v2/-/index.html

Sorry if this was posted before:

In addition to the mismatched tires, Bravo’s truck also has front-end damage — the result, Bravo told police, of a collision a few weeks before Aguilar’s disappearance, Tobias said.

“He said he was riding on some back roads with friends and hit a tree. They changed the tire, and he said he wrecked the car a second time, damaging the spare tire,” Tobias said.

Bravo’s roommate, Erick Skipper, told The Miami Herald that he helped Bravo change the tires on his truck on Sept. 17, three days before Aguilar vanished.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/09/28/3024733/gainesville-police-to-expand-search.html#storylink=cpy

Are there any abandoned farms or barns anywhere nearby?

look closely at the rear pass tire- the cover is off of the bolt/lock area- the driver's side tires both have covers

"a collision a few weeks before Aguilar’s disappearance" would not explain the need to change out two tires 3 days before Christian went missing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en