GUILTY FL - Christian Aguilar, 18, UF student, Gainesville, 20 Sept 2012 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, new here so please bear with me as I work out my kinks. I've read through this thread back and forth all week and decided to throw my 2 cents in. I live off NW 13th street in the stephen foster neighborhood. My first thought about streits was also, why there? Then I started thinking and if there is any truth to them even being in that direction I think there's only 1 reason. There's a seedy neighborhood very close where drugs are easy to find. I'm talking more along the lines of marijuana but you can get it all out there. I think this could also explain why the pings were all over. . Either looking for something to smoke or riding around to smoke. Also a couple other things I want to mention is that right around 5pm before the latest news broke I heard what I would describe as a parade of sirens in the distance, very unusual to have so many at one time, that was followed by 2, yes, 2 choppers sweeping the sky about an hour later. One is still up there as of 5 minutes ago going back and forth and its dark out now. These things could be unrelated but I find it a tad unusual myself. My gut tells me something big is about to break.

Welcome to Ws and thank you for your input!

BTW, I am very happy to be here. I have been obsessed with this case from the beginning as I have one young son at UF. The older son has graduated from college. But I remember dropping each of them off for their first year and feeling so vulnerable and depressed on the way home. This was Christian's time and he was robbed of all life has to offer. A happy and proud family had two sons and in a split tragic second...Their lives will never be the same.

Welcome to WS!

I think there were a lot of signs of jealousy. Bravo wanted to outdo Christian and fantasized about it. That's what struck me just thinking about the accounts Bravo gave of how he beat up Christian. One article said he gave LE 3 different accounts with increasingly violent details. I can recall 4 versions including beating CA and leaving him in the parking lot; beating CA and leaving him unconscious; and the last 2 involved details about the beating. In one version, Bravo said he punched Christian in the mouth while they were in the car, after which Christian got out, tripped and Bravo proceeded to punch him in the chest. Just my thinking ... the confession was more of a fantasy of how Bravo wanted it to be, after LE had worn him down, insisting that he'd been the last one with Chris.

I'm not a psychologist or psychiatrist, but this is my interpretation of Bravo's "fantasy": 1.) He was tired of hearing about Chris acing a test or about his aspirations in life; Bravo wanted to put a stop to that voice because it reminded him of his own failures. 2.) He portrayed Chris as a klutz and a weakling; he imagined himself lithe and quick in getting to the other side of the car in time to pounce on Chris as he tripped and he imagined himself strong enough to overpower Chris.

IDK, maybe my interpretation is kind of far-fetched, but I would be interested in a psychiatrist's analysis of many of Bravo's statements. What I believe really happened is that Bravo lured Chris to a remote location and either shot Chris or hit him with the shovel or another weapon -- from behind. I really think there was no argument and he caught Christian totally off guard. If Bravo secretly had a gun while he'd convinced everyone he sold all of his guns to pay for school, and used it to shoot Chris, that would mean he premeditated the attack weeks or months in advance.

I do think Pedro wanted to compete with Christian and it frustrated him to no end that he always came up short. They don't call envy the green-eyed monster for nothing. :burn:

this sounds like a valid analysis!

Additionally... I have wondered if Bravo's change in personality may be attributed to a schizophrenic psychotic break down... Which often appears when young adults make the move to college...

this coupled with the strong jealous feelings may have brought him to commit violent acts?

Just throwing thoughts out there...

Barefoot, I agree drugs would be possible, but just across I75 from Cabana Beach is a very well known drug area. It would be much closer and is well known with the students. The area you are talking about is not as familiar. But it is possible.

Hopefully, Christian's family will have answers soon.

"A few weeks ago, Pedro Andres Bravo asked his roommate a question.

"Do you know anything about the 34th Street wall?"

"I don't. I'm not an artist. But I think if you want to go out there and paint, it's all yours," his roommate told Bravo.

Bravo seemed to understand, and he did go out there. He got "a ton of spray paint," his roommate Erik Skipper said.

Bravo repeated several stenciled drawings of Reptar, a character from the cartoon Rugrats. When he finished, he initialed his work of art P.A.B.

On Thursday night, the art remained — and the man who painted it sat in jail."

http://www.ocala.com/article/20120927/ARTICLES/120929738?p=1&tc=pg

Why do you think he would paint a picture of Reptar, of all things he could paint???

IIRC.. rug rats are innocuous cartoons... Ones which children outgrow, even if they continue their interest in animation.

As to the bug spray, the mosquitos are terrible this year. If the spray is one used for Mosquitos, it would lead me back to a swampy area.

Maybe for use on a body and on himself in Abzug infested areas like swamps?

I,guess I am just agreeing with you! :smile:

That IMO only allows us in to his mind of jealousy and wanting to live Christian's life.

I hope there is some insight into PB's mind in those journals. From what we've been told so far, there seemed to be a lot of mixed emotions about CA in PB's mind. Thinking about PB's parents' reaction to what they considered their son's portrayal as a monster, though, I wonder if what drove PB to the breaking point wasn't actual jealousy, but pressure .... pressure from his parents to be like Christian. Perhaps PB's parents have held CA up as sort of a standard by which to measure their son. The pressure could've gotten too intense for PB since he was in college, and just couldn't measure up. Sadly, maybe in his mind the only solution was to take CA out of the picture. Maybe it wasn't so much that PB wanted to be CA; he wanted to be accepted for who he was. Two young men have lost their lives. :(

I sit here puzzled with our world and those who make the decision to harm. It's beyond what I can even comprehend. The world lost a bright star and my heart aches for everyone who has even uttered Christian's name. I wish his family lots of support and justice.

I hit refresh on WS and there are just do many. It's quite scary and I'm hyper aware of even my own mortality due to these savage animals.

I'm disgusted. =[

Bumping the search map

I'll check in on and off this weekend to up date. Please let Christian's family get some answers.

Updated map

http://goo.gl/maps/f9cWP

A. First search area
B. Parking lot where altercation took place.
C. Search area and Command post for Wed Sept. 26 and Thurs Sept 27 AM
D. Best Buy
E. Pedro's Apt
F Florida Farm Bureau Fri Sept 27 Sat Sept 28 search volunteer check in.

http://www.facebook.com/GainesvillePolice

Please feel free to update

For those continuing to join the searches in mosquito-infested areas, I thought you might be interested in knowing that Avon's Skin So Soft* repels mosquitoes. Long ago I worked as a camp counselor where one little girl would splash on some of the Skin So Soft before we took a trek into the woods. We laughed, thinking she didn't know it was just bath oil. But, years later I learned that she was right. If I had to go into a mosquito-infested area, I think I would pour the Skin So Soft over me from head to foot. I don't know if it might be effective on ticks, too.

Thank you to those who are searching. I hope Christian will be found soon so his family can have some peace.

* This is not a commercial

In my humble opinion, I think Pedro had a "hero complex" of sorts. I waffle as to whether this was premeditated. Part of me thinks he wanted to scare him and keep him captive so he could be the hero, which is why I asked about abandoned barns and such. And that's why he idolized the character on Rugrats. But then, the evidence suggests otherwise for the most part.

In any event, it doesn't matter what I think. He needs to give the Aguilar family and the community an answer as to where Christian is. He owes them that.

[QUOTE=Eefive;8401767]Barefoot, I agree drugs would be possible, but just across I75 from Cabana Beach is a very well known drug area. It would be much closer and is well known with the students. The area you are talking about is not as familiar. But it is possible.

Hopefully, Christian's family will have answers soon.[/QUOTE]
Thank you all for a warm welcome!!

I agree completely, it is out of the way and there are much easier places to score and students are well aware. I'm just grasping at straws at why they would be over that far? There's is nothing else out there I could imagine them making the trip for. Has there been an proof that they were really over there at all? Also, I'm curious.. I haven't seen anything about it but what about bravos phone? Couldn't they get a better idea of the areas they traveled from that? GPS maybe? I don't know how that works.

For those continuing to join the searches in mosquito-infested areas, I thought you might be interested in knowing that Avon's Skin So Soft* repels mosquitoes. Long ago I worked as a camp counselor where one little girl would splash on some of the Skin So Soft before we took a trek into the woods. We laughed, thinking she didn't know it was just bath oil. But, years later I learned that she was right. If I had to go into a mosquito-infested area, I think I would pour the Skin So Soft over me from head to foot. I don't know if it might be effective on ticks, too.

Thank you to those who are searching. I hope Christian will be found soon so his family can have some peace.

* This is not a commercial

I always have Avon skin so soft in my backpack! We fish a lot on Fl lakes and I can't stand mosquitoes! They love me. Not to mention, keep a fabric softener sheet in your back pocket to keep those buggers away for you searchers. It works

Tv20 just said that a bail bonds man said the charges against bravo may have been upgraded today due to him posting his bond earlier today?

This case reminds me of the murder of Patrick Dennehy, a basketball player for Baylor University, in 2003. He was killed by teammate and good friend Carlton Dotson. I remember feeling so terrible back then for Patrick's family. When parents send their children away to college, they never expect something like this to happen. They hope for their children to have a better future. There was a big scandal surrounding the Baylor case involving drugs, improper payments to players, etc.

I don't think drugs or any illegal or scandalous activity play a role in what happened to Christian. That's what makes it so, so shocking.

Articles on Patrick Dennehy's murder and the Baylor scandal:
Baylor University basketball scandal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://articles.cnn.com/2003-08-27/...patrick-dennehy-extradition-hearing?_s=PM:LAW
~snipped~
Dennehy's body was found in a field about five miles outside Waco nearly six weeks after he was reported missing. An autopsy revealed he had been shot twice in the head, both times above his right ear, at point-blank range.

Another thing, I found this older article which states he wasd last seen exiting a vehicle in the 1900 block, which would be by Gainesville high school and coffee culture. Was this misreported as I haven't seen it anywhere else. http://www.news4jax.com/news/Police...red/-/475880/16709244/-/10kv669z/-/index.html

I think that may be referring to Pedro's original statement, claiming Christian got out of his (PB's) vehicle in the Streit parking lot where PB beat him and left him. AFAIK, no one saw the two in that parking lot. If someone did, LE hasn't disclosed that information yet. We can't rely on anything that PB says as truth, IMO.

I.
But I can't understand why we are unable to find Christian. Pedro had only been in this area for a few weeks. He reportedly spent time with 3 friends that were also in Gainesville. He did ride a bicycle also. Perhaps he spent lonely time driving back roads... I just want Christian returned to his family.

Hi Ray- welcome & thank you. This gave me chills- I thought of the article that said something like "he abruptly switched colleges to Gainesville / Santa Fe". Could he really have been planning this since then???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3