Identified! FL - Clermont, WhtFem, 18-25, in woods, Apr'14 - Cheri Houston

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Happy to see she was identified.

To Eric's Mom, I hope you are able to get answers. Have you started a thread here for your son?

My son, Eric Lee Franks, has been missing for 3 years. Our family did not report him missing for a few months for a reason. He had stated that he was moving to a rural area with poor reception, so voice mails left for him were answered with emails. After we stopped receiving emails, we got concerned and starting calling other contacts. This led to reporting him missing. We later found out from police that someone had Eric's phone, so that explained the emails. We even received an email supposedly from Eric about 8 months after he vanished. We responded with "we won't have the police stop looking for you until we HEAR YOUR VOICE". Of course, the emails stopped! By the way, that last email came the day after family posed on Facebook that the police were involved. The email gave a phone # never set up and a message obviously meant to make us believe we didn't need to keep searching for answers!

How awful! I hope you find answers some day and get justice for the who hurt your son.

And thank you for reminding us that there are many many reasons for somebody not being reported, and almost none of them are because the family doesn't care.

Does Eric have a thread here?

Now I am curious as to how she ended uo at that spot. You would need to know the area somewhat to end up at that location.

I am so happy they were able to make a quick identification, RIP Cheri. <3

But now for all the unanswered questions.. How, who, and why? :(

My son, Eric Lee Franks, has been missing for 3 years. Our family did not report him missing for a few months for a reason. He had stated that he was moving to a rural area with poor reception, so voice mails left for him were answered with emails. After we stopped receiving emails, we got concerned and starting calling other contacts. This led to reporting him missing. We later found out from police that someone had Eric's phone, so that explained the emails. We even received an email supposedly from Eric about 8 months after he vanished. We responded with "we won't have the police stop looking for you until we HEAR YOUR VOICE". Of course, the emails stopped! By the way, that last email came the day after family posed on Facebook that the police were involved. The email gave a phone # never set up and a message obviously meant to make us believe we didn't need to keep searching for answers!
I am sorry you and your family endured such a horrific experience and have no answers on Eric's location. I think it is the most evil thing for anyone to taunt or purposefully mislead a family missing their loved one. I hope you find your son and the answers you seek.

A little more about her life. Bummer...

Lake County deputies release details about woman found dead south of Clermont

Lake County detectives have learned that the woman found dead early Friday in a wooded area near Clermont was homeless with a history of drug abuse.

Investigators identified the woman as 28-year-old Cheri Amber Houston.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-cheri-amber-houston-20140405,0,7827976.story

Happy to see she was identified.

To Eric's Mom, I hope you are able to get answers. Have you started a thread here for your son?
Thank you. Others who took an interest in Eric's case created threads for him. I will admit I know very little about how all of that works. My son-in-law had been posting and answering questions early on in the investigation and still does sometimes. I just recently became a member. He was on the site under Searchingfamily

I am sorry about your son. I hope you can find some answers too. 2 people I've known are missing persons, they have been for decades now. It's hard when you don't know what happened to them.

I am sorry for your heartache. For a long time after my son disappeared, I would see a man with a hoodie on (my son loved to wear them) and stop them to be sure it wasn't him or circle the area to take a better look. I don't do that as often now. He disappeared in another state and wouldn't be here anyway, but I had to be sure. We adopted Eric as an 8 week old infant and he will always be my "child" not matter how old he is. How does a mother stop searching for a missing child?!

How awful! I hope you find answers some day and get justice for the who hurt your son.

And thank you for reminding us that there are many many reasons for somebody not being reported, and almost none of them are because the family doesn't care.

Does Eric have a thread here?
He does have threads with websleuths that someone created. I'm new to a lot of the web "lingo" ! My son left Ohio for Saginaw on Oct. 25,2010 to meet a teenage daughter he just found out about. A former girlfriend from 17 years ago let him know she had his child. He was in MI about 5 months when he vanished. He was getting to know his daughter. There has been no DNA test to prove paternity.

A little more about her life. Bummer...

Lake County deputies release details about woman found dead south of Clermont

Lake County detectives have learned that the woman found dead early Friday in a wooded area near Clermont was homeless with a history of drug abuse.

Investigators identified the woman as 28-year-old Cheri Amber Houston.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-cheri-amber-houston-20140405,0,7827976.story

I expected this, not sure why. But, I think she tipped the clothing bin over to get some clothes out for herself. I get a sense that she overdosed at that location, otherwise there would have been evidence of foul play.

He does have threads with websleuths that someone created. I'm new to a lot of the web "lingo" ! My son left Ohio for Saginaw on Oct. 25,2010 to meet a teenage daughter he just found out about. A former girlfriend from 17 years ago let him know she had his child. He was in MI about 5 months when he vanished. He was getting to know his daughter. There has been no DNA test to prove paternity.

After reading up on this missing young man I have suspicions about the ex. I am wondering why she is contacting him after 17 years? How is he 'just finding out' about this child now? Why wasn't a dna test done right away? She lead him out there for a reason... what was her motive?

He may have come into contact with some very bad people.
"Saginaw ranked as the No. 1 most violent city in America." http://www.mlive.com/news/saginaw/index.ssf/2010/01/fbi_stats_designate_saginaw_th.html

Cheri Amber Houston
Cheri-Houston.jpeg

Anyone with information can call the Lake County Sheriff&#8217;s Office at 352-343-2101; or Central Florida CRIMELINE at 1-800-423-TIPS, where callers may remain anonymous.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli
Back