FL - Collin Griffith, 17, stabs mother to death 1 year after fatally shooting father - Sep. 11, 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yep. His dad abused him, and his mom didn’t protect him. He was severely traumatized and full of rage at both of them, it sounds like. If this is the case, it’s no wonder he said he would kill her. He wouldn’t have been able to understand the difficulty victims of DV have when trying to get away, and possibly blamed her.
Who knows who else he might blame if ever let out of jail/prison.

Murdering both parents is just so extreme that I wonder what he was like as a child and preteen and what kinds of evaluations and diagnoses he received over the years.

Did his mother and grandmother believe he was innocent of murdering his father, or did they live in fear of him?
I believe that his mother feared him - and that was why she gave him expensive gifts and holidays, in the (forlorn) hope that she would then be safe from him.

from what I saw on court tv - his mom wanted him home with her so badly, she had just bought him a new car, he graduated HS early & with college credits. I will never understand people like this

PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla. —
A Port Charlotte teen accused of murdering his mother made his first court appearance on Friday after being indicted by a grand jury.

Collin Griffith, 17, is facing a first-degree murder charge and a kidnapping charge after being formally accused on Thursday.

Sep 20, 2024

Griffith is due back in court on October 8.

Collin said he had been cornered in the bedroom by the father. Judd said that's when Collin picked up the gun and shot Charles twice, once in the head and once in the chest.

Collin was arrested on charges of first-degree murder of his father, which were later dropped.

Full article at link...

Sep 11, 2024

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foothillbilly