FL - Coralrose Fullwood, 6, found murdered, North Port, 17 Sept 2006

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SewingDeb said:
Coralrose's dad: 'I don't see us as bad parents'
Dale Fullwood returns to scene of his family's pain.

http://heraldtribune.com/article/20060925/NEWS/609250641
FROM THE LINK:"Somebody killed my daughter because they're too afraid to come after me," he said, nearly shouting, after visiting the site where his daughter's body was found by a man walking his dog. He did not elaborate

Does this strike anyone that the dad made this comment :confused:

It is an extremely unusual thing to say. It makes me wonder what is happening between him and his friends/workmates. Hopefully, he is talking to police about any suspicions he may have, but he seems so bitter towards them that I don't know that he would!

Sheromom said:
It is an extremely unusual thing to say. It makes me wonder what is happening between him and his friends/workmates. Hopefully, he is talking to police about any suspicions he may have, but he seems so bitter towards them that I don't know that he would!

From early on:
"Mottla said Coralrose's family moved here about a month ago from Cape Coral. Mottla said she quickly grew to know the family because Coralrose's parents started a petition to get the school bus stop moved for the children's safety. They were concerned about heavy traffic and possible criminal activity."

I think there was some talk about young toughs hanging out in the neighborhood...

j2mirish said:
FROM THE LINK:"Somebody killed my daughter because they're too afraid to come after me," he said, nearly shouting, after visiting the site where his daughter's body was found by a man walking his dog. He did not elaborate

It struck me. I wish the reporter had asked him why he thinks someone would be after him or want to hurt his family.

AutumnBorn said:
Also, I want to say that, for the record, my house is neat as a pin. No clutter, no mess. Smells like vanilla candles or ylang ylang (or Pine Sol or bleach) most of the time. There's nothing I enjoy more than pushing the Swiffer around the house or cleaning the window sills. It's a way of unwinding after putting in full-time+ hours at the law office. Takes about 40 minutes total per day to maintain.

Edited to add: I don't clean the window sills everyday. Swiffer, yes.
Do you have children?

Mygirlsadie said:
I would think that living in those type of conditions even the most normal of children would be stressed out and confused. I am not saying we all have to be spotless clean with our homes but this here is NOT normal mess and yes even little ones can become overwhelmed and stressed out. I wonder if maybe she was throwing a fit and one of the parents smothered her to quiet her not intentionally meaning to kill her?...
There is no way, shape or form that there is ANY excuse that a home would be in this condition!! I highly suspect one of the parents, most probably the father.

What if she woke up when her dad came home and wandered out of the house with her black blanket, and was accidentally hit by a car. The driver dumped her body in the construction area, and left. Trauma to the body, no sexual assault.

Why take the father's clothes, but not the moms? They must have suspicion about him. Also, when the children were taken, the parents were with their lawyer. Why a lawyer? Is that something parents of missing/murdered children automatically do these days?

j2mirish said:

That comment strikes me as odd. Why would someone abduct his daughter from the home and take her comforter along only to go a short distance. I really find it odd that there was feces and clothes piled up on the floor but yet there were some clean clothes belonging to Coral Rose in the washer and dryer and the dad had just bought shoes a Kmart before coming home. This man says that he wants to get back into the "swing of things" by moving back home, taking the kids to the bus stop, and going back to work. That doesn't sound like he is afraid of those who would kill a child to get to him.

I live in an area of rednecks, so maybe that's why I don't see the comment as particuarly telling. I'm thinking he was trying to say that whoever did this was a whimp - going after a child because he wasn't man enough to come after someone his own size.

It was a puffed up chest remark - not necesarilly one that meant anyone would be after him - that's how I took it.

GlitchWizard said:
I live in an area of rednecks, so maybe that's why I don't see the comment as particuarly telling. I'm thinking he was trying to say that whoever did this was a whimp - going after a child because he wasn't man enough to come after someone his own size.

It was a puffed up chest remark - not necesarilly one that meant anyone would be after him - that's how I took it.
THAT MAKES SENSE.............

mom3dd said:
I am originally from Florida and to have a house infested would take a long time for the roaches to blatently come out during the day. If anyone knows more jump in but roaches live in the walls and under the counters and were more than likely in the house when this family moved in. 6 weeks is just to short a period of time to have the house INFESTED just because of this family. IMO
IN the south, roaches are a constant problem. No matter how clean you keep your house, the buggers show up. The house could have already been infested, but that's what bug spray is bought for. Their belongings that they moved into the house could have been infested. Again, all they had to do was go to the store and buy bug spray. Rotting food is no excuse. Obviously this home was in deplorable conditions. I agree with the psych eval the judge suggested for the mom.

AutumnBorn said:
The kids in that home were in danger of getting very sick. Roaches and e.coli from feces everywhere? Good God...DCF may have actually saved those kids lives by pulling them out!

When our mothers told us to wash our hands after using the toilet, it was because people can die from the bacteria that might be on our hands. E. coli is found in feces - human and animal - and those roaches were crawling through it, spreading it around the house. And it only takes a trace in the upper digestive system to cause havoc.

Also, I want to say that, for the record, my house is neat as a pin. No clutter, no mess. Smells like vanilla candles or ylang ylang (or Pine Sol or bleach) most of the time. There's nothing I enjoy more than pushing the Swiffer around the house or cleaning the window sills. It's a way of unwinding after putting in full-time+ hours at the law office. Takes about 40 minutes total per day to maintain.

Edited to add: I don't clean the window sills everyday. Swiffer, yes.
Well, ya know, if you get bored cleaning your house, mine is always available:D

GlitchWizard said:

That's how I saw it too.

s_finch said:
IN the south, roaches are a constant problem. No matter how clean you keep your house, the buggers show up.
Those, along with palmetto bugs, are terrible here. Palmettos live in the trees and we have a ton of them around. We had to have our house tented in August because they were taking up living space on our front porch. I was terrified of even walking outside at night.

The city said they were so bad this year because we had little rain early on and from the deconstruction they were doing for a huge city rebuilding project. Same reason I had 3 possoms in my kitchen at 2 am this year! I grew up in the country and I'm not afraid of many animals but those things freaked me out seeing them because I live in a huge city, close to downtown, you don't expect to see them here.

For those that don't know, palmetto bugs are huge flying roaches, up to 2 inches big, they seem to dive bomb you! We have to buy bug bonds on the houses here like others buy insurance for flooding, you need it! If one neighbor has bugs, you are hopeful you never have to see them, that's where paying out the behind for pesticides pays off.

jubie said:
I find the fact that he bought new shoes that night very odd.

Jubie

He did not buy new shoes the night of the incident. He bought new shoes the night before his interview with the reporter, when he returned to the home A WEEK LATER. The reason this was mentioned in the article, was to illistrate that the authorities had taken his other shoes, and he had cooperated with their efforts, thus he had to buy new shoes. Jeeesh!

BhamMama said:
For those that don't know, palmetto bugs are huge flying roaches, up to 2 inches big, they seem to dive bomb you!
I used to think I was the only one TERRIFIED of these things. Then, one of my toughest inmate pen pals was relaying a story about how when one of them flew at him, he screamed like a little girl!

I don't feel so bad about being scared of them now. :-)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evremevremm
Back