FL - Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, & Brandon Rollins, massacred, Frostproof, 17 July 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did they know their attackers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Google the term Anti Social Personality Disorder if your not familiar with it. Psychopath is a term also commonly used for the disorder but ASPD has a couple of forms and can vary. A truly wicked ASPD type of person would fit the Hannibal Lector persona. People will often try to generalize the affliction with someone who just claims to be an "anti-social" type of person but that commonly used reference is a far cry from a bonified medically diagnosed person with a true type A ASP disorder. This behavior is something that no one can really begin to believe could even exist until they've really interacted with it.
Good post.
Sheriff mentioned TJ only having 3 brain cells,
well he may not be far off as studies have shown that even long time marijuana use can
alter the brain and kill off cells.
TJ probably has been a long time druggie as his record suggests and his brain is probably
(IMO) altered significantly from when he was
born.
Babies born with relatively normal brains but
raised in difficult, traumatic homes and having
abuse and neglect can also have altered brains.
Then combine that with long term illicit drug
use also killing off cells and you have the makings of a psychopath or sociopath.
The worst of our criminals have a lot in common in their upbringing.
moo.

I doubt taxpayers are thrilled about their tax dollars helping support a career felon. In addition, him having nothing certainly wouldn’t push him into committing further crimes. He didn’t need a push, obviously. IMO

There are folks who will resort to crime at the slightest provocation, or regardless of any provocation, for sure. TJ is likely one of those, though his background shouldn’t be discounted either.

I think most of us probably have a similar gut reaction, especially during such economic turmoil. Bottom line though, society provides for those whose criminal history makes them unemployable because it’s in societies best interest to do so. The majority of the time this isn’t the outcome.

There are societal questions to answer (& best practices to study) regarding whether to continue to punish criminals who have served their time (felon question on job applications, etc) or whether we consider time served a punishment, focus resources on rehabilitation/support and hope to break the cycle of recidivism. None of this easy to balance.

Well I used to live in Florida, not far from Orlando, and from my experience, there is a lot of drug use in rural areas which, we all know, can make a benign situation and turn it deadly. So even if it looks like a personal / rage motive, it could also be true that the perp is just highly intoxicated.
Yes, very true.
Used to be we saw the youngins and called them potheads, then they progressed to harder stuff and we called them crackheads, then they
moved to harder stuff like opoids and starting making their own and called them methheads.
BTW the suburban and city kids are also heavily into drugs just different choices.
Now add in the propensity and ease of getting guns and concealed carry and small crimes become deadly crimes.
OD's and drive by shootings are the most common cause of young deaths in my area of
Central Florida.
moo

Last edited:
The sheriff said that they found no drugs or alcohol (not even a beer) in the victims' trucks. That's unusual for a buddy fishing trip, I reckon. I wonder if the lowdown ******* killers stole that from them too before they left... to go with their 10 cheeseburgers?
That may not be unusual. If they are fishing on public land, the game warden may frequently check the area to enforce regulations, including having a fishing license, catch limits, and alcohol. Since they were regular fishermen, they may know this and steer clear of troubles like that. I don't know Florida law, but I know this holds true in some other states on public land.

July 23, 2020

Posted: Jul 23, 2020 / 07:29 AM EDT / Updated: Jul 23, 2020 / 07:29 AM EDT
“massacre” of three close friends in Frostproof Friday night.

Tony “TJ” Wiggins, 26, the accused killer, according to Sheriff Grady Judd, was charged with three counts of murder.

TJ’s girlfriend, Mary Whittemore, 27, and brother, Robert Wiggins, 21, were arrested and charged with being accessories to the murders.

[..]

All three suspects are due in court Thursday at 1 p.m.

Hard to know why.
1) Maybe she didn’t want to be left there alone after hearing what had happened.
2) Even though she was young maybe she knew first aid or CPR.
My guess would be the first.

Has there been a mapping post done of the site where the trucks were found and the nearest convenience store/gas station?

Has there been a mapping post done of the site where the trucks were found and the nearest convenience store/gas station?
no map that I've seen but sheriff said DG store
was 3-4 miles from crime scene.
There are 2 DGs nearby. this was the one in- wait for it- West Frostproof.
local joke cuz Frostproof is a blip on the map.

I'm amazed at this presser and how much information was given. Skip the prelim, as this was so detailed for a presser iykwim. He laid it all out in the presser. Wow.

It was entertaining but bordered on unprofessionalism, IMO. It was handing the defense a platter of information that could be thrown out. How could he know the verbatim convo between BT and TJ. In the movies it's called poetic license, in a courtroom it'd be called inadmissible.

Cant even imagine your pain ..... see here to become a verified person
Professional Posters and Verified Insiders

This case has even made news in Aus

Yes katerz, plz become a verified insider as we would luv to get any more info that might be
available. It’s always so helpful have a local WS giving us “boots on the ground” updates!

Here in Australia we have the terms "accessory before the fact", and "accessory after the fact", and they are charged.

In Canada, too. Those terms suggest a level of cooperation with the perps, though. Years ago there was a famous case in BC where some girls bullied another girl and she died. Many kids witnessed the killing and didnt say anything to LE. Only those actively involved were charged. Maybe its different if children (youth) are involved.

I wondered about that because the DG seemed much closer to the crime scene than the convenience store BR's dad drove to. Maybe the convenience store was the only one he thought would be open at that time of night. Poor man, I cant imagine how tough it was to leave his son to get help. No wonder he ended up in hospital.

Is he currently out on bond? If so I am speechless. There is a reason we keep some monsters locked up!

Morning all!

This case has been another one that's made me toss, and turn at night struggling to sleep.

I kept thinking it reminded me of another case that happened decades ago. Most here probably won't remember it.

Anyway it was a case about the town bully who had terrorized everyone living there for years. He reminded me of this triple murderer due to how dangerous, and ruthless he was. I can't remember the state or city at the moment where it happened.

Anyway someone in the town finally wound up murdering him. When LE investigated the case looking for the killer everyone they talked to there confessed saying they were the one who had killed him.

Since everyone confessed they never arrested anyone for killing him.

I don't believe in vigilantism, but in so many cases the suspect was already well known to be mean as a coiled rattlesnake ready to strike, and had terrorized, and harmed so many victims before they escalated to the worst crime of murder.

This one was able to destroy three innocent victims at one time before he was finally stopped.

With his awful criminal violent history he absolutely shouldn't have been allowed out to prey on more victims.

Honestly, I think the Florida AG needs to bring in their investigators to find out the reasons one criminal had been arrested for 230 felonies, but was only convicted of 15. 15 felony conviction is still a high amount. They need to find out why the justice system there made it a convenient revolving door that allowed this monster to roam free over, and over again. It shouldn't have ever been allowed to get to this point. Something just isn't right about all of the felonies he had done that went nowhere in the criminal justice system.

LE had to be livid all the times they had arrested him, then seeing him walkaway without any consequences for almost all of them.

I'm sure the sheriff knew in his gut one day he would be arresting him for murder, and it would only be a matter of time.

Saying he was a bad seed doesn't even remotely encompass how bad, and dangerous he had been most of his life starting at a very young age.

God be with the families who mourn their tremendous loss.

Jmho

Could be that the coffee hasn’t kicked in, but I’m confused by 2 different accounts as quoted by Judd from the summary.
First being that Tillman was being beaten when Rollins & Springfield arrived.
Second being that Wiggins bros and Whittemore pulled up on Tillman, Rollins and Springfield who had arrived at the lake ahead of them, then the confrontation began.

....Tillman traveled to Lake Streety first & arrived by himself, according to sheriff Judd. When Rollins & Springfield arrived soon after, Tillman was being beaten by unknown attackers, and the two friends intervened to help Tillman & were shot......

....Near the lake, the Wiggins brothers & Whittemore pulled up behind two trucks that had stopped with their windows down to talk. Inside one truck was Tillman. Rollins & Springfield were inside the other. Sheriff Judd said TJ got out of the vehicle, ran up to their trucks and asked, “Where’s Keven?” TJ Wiggins found Keven in the truck with Rollins, and allegedly pointed the gun at him demanding, “Where’s my truck? You stole the engine out of my truck!” TJ Wiggins shot Brandon Rollins & Keven Springfield 9-10 times with his handgun. He then turned to Tillman & allegedly shot him several times.

ETA @Niner summary (ty btw!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member