FL - Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, & Brandon Rollins, massacred, Frostproof, 17 July 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did they know their attackers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. It is always good to have additional resources. These documents look like they were cut/pasted and I had trouble following who was Defendant #1 in each because the pronouns seemed wrong. It's mind blowing to read all this and attempt to keep it straight in your head. I am trying to help @Niner keep up and I know she will appreciate everyone's help too.

Do we have a media thread for this case yet, or just need to bump stuff when we get a new thread (usually after 1,000 posts, and we are at 958 right now so assume a new thread will happen today). I'll alert on my above post so a mod moves it, or try to catch when a new thread is created and put at the beginning also of the new thread.

Thanks for this. That post really rubbed me the wrong way. They certainly didn't deserve what happened to them, but salt of the earth is a big reach considering some of their records and some of the things their peers have said.

I apologize to anyone I may have offended. Anyone who has ever posted with me knows my posts are never meant to be offensive to anyone.

I honestly didn't know any of those things about any of the victims when I made that post.

Again I sincerely apologize, but I do agree no one deserves to be massacred especially when they aren't doing anything wrong, and only out for the night to go fishing.

Jmho

I apologize to anyone I may have offended. Anyone who has ever posted with me knows my posts are never meant to be offensive to anyone.

I honestly didn't know any of those things about any of the victims when I made that post.

Again I sincerely apologize, but I do agree no one deserves to be massacred especially when they aren't doing anything wrong, and only out for the night to go fishing.

Jmho

What happened to those 3 men was a terrible tragedy. For them and their families. I understand your sorrow.

Two men and a woman charged in Florida 'truck-deal massacre' - TopSpot 247

July 23, 2020

The three suspects charged over the ‘massacre’ of three best friends appeared in a Florida court, via a video link, for the first time Thursday afternoon.

Tony ‘TJ’ Wiggins, 26, his girlfriend Mary Whittemore, 27, and his brother Robert Wiggins, 21, have each been charged over the deaths of Damion Tillman, 23; Keven Springfield, 30; and Brandon Rollins, 27, in Frostproof on Friday evening.

TJ was charged with three counts of first degree murder and is being held without bond. TJ, who was first arrested aged just 12 and has 230 felonies on his rap sheet, was out on bond at the time of the murders, police said Wednesday. He stood accused of breaking a man’s arm with a crowbar.

Whittemore, charged with three counts of accessory to murder, had her bond set at $45,000. Robert Wiggins is charged with three counts of accessory to murder and tampering with evidence. He had his bond set at $46,000.

Each defendant spoke only to confirm they understood their charges. Robert Wiggins confirmed he works, TJ said he is currently unemployed. They each appeared separately and on video call due to the coronavirus. All three wore a mask, the Wiggins brothers were in an orange jumpsuit, Whittemore a black version.
Did you'all notice Robert and Mary had their jail name tags on their top pockets but the mighty Tj already showing his rebelliousness had his 'missing'. Bet he's a PITA prisoner.

Do we have a media thread for this case yet, or just need to bump stuff when we get a new thread (usually after 1,000 posts, and we are at 958 right now so assume a new thread will happen today). I'll alert on my above post so a mod moves it, or try to catch when a new thread is created and put at the beginning also of the new thread.
I don’t think there’s a media thread. We have @Niner LOL!

But seriously having these documents all in one place would be best. At the beginning of each thread is convenient. So many discrepancies in small details leads to inaccurate assumptions. One must read the documents and butt that up against the Sheriffs ad lib press conferences to grasp the crime in its entirety.

Thanks again!

Anyone want to speculate why the redactions in the autopsy injury description on Damion?
What and why was this redacted?
It is not redacted in one of the other documents. It’s the MEs cause and method of death. I’m not at home so I can’t quote it but take a look at one of the other affidavits.

A few things that make me go hmmmm when reading the arrest affidavits, so below is ONLY going off their *cough* story.

#1) Bad guys' story, supposedly came in on the road traveling east bound, passing BOTH victims trucks which supposedly were going west bound. Huh? How fast were they going to pass two trucks on a clay road? To have come in from the opposite direction, they sure indeed know to go past the first cutoff and go to the second one to come in from the other way? (not sure on this, has anyone done a mapping of where it was that they turned per AA's?)
#2) Bad guys were scoping it out and perhaps said "that is them, turn around!" and did a u-turn which put them going west bound (small town, they knew Kevin's truck? But if so, why did they say where is Kevin when they went to passenger side?)
#3) Per William Robert, after he passed them the red truck going west bound did u-turn to be east bound and the 3 victims were then driver side to driver side
#4) Which direction did Brandon's dad come in from? The road was essentially blocked, and the bad guys did a u-turn to head out going east.
#5) The reason I ask is why did they so QUICKLY throw out the gun on that road while exiting east. Is it because they passed the dad coming in from the east direction they were heading, or because they say the headlights of dad coming in from the west, which they had no idea if it was LE or ? if they just saw headlights coming in from the west. I just don't understand why throw out gun so so close to the crime scene unless you think you are going to be immediately pulled over (hmmm, but then again he was covered in blood as evidenced by the victims blood I think on the passenger seat?)

Little stuff that makes me ponder.

Oh yeah.. other things

22:06 Brandon call to dad
22:35 William Robert texted his girlfriend (hmmmm, what was said)
22:41 911 phone call from dad/clerk's daughter

When did they get the truck that they were driving?

Why did the alibi's not have all say/change to that they were dropping off nephew the hours before. Why were they trying to cover up/state such as that timing had nothing to do with the murder?

Last edited:
It is not redacted in one of the other documents. It’s the MEs cause and method of death. I’m not at home so I can’t quote it but take a look at one of the other affidavits.

I just reviewed TJ, William Robert and Mary's AA's that I posted and saved... all three I see have it redacted. Look forward to you getting home and posting!

ETA: Found it! @enelram , it was for all three, not just one. They had multiple sections in William Robert's 11 page document PDF that repeated stuff, and one of the repetitions was not redacted. Good memory payrollnerd, and eyes @PayrollNerd . You win the internet today. Here is screenshot. What is redacted in all the other areas is that Dr. Nelson determined the cause of death for all the victims was multiple gunshots, and determined was homicide. Would it have more aggravating factors if they did a coup de gras to Brandon's back vs. other survivable ones?

Notredacted.JPG

source: https://pro.polkcountyclerk.net/PRO/PublicSearch/FindPublicCase

What stood out to me also was that Brandon had a gunshot in his back. So I'm thinking that that gunshot was done after he was back out of the truck after/during the phone call for help? A coup de gras as the other (survivable?) wounds appears to have been done from his left while he was still sitting in the truck?

Last edited:
TireImpressionsWanted.JPG

I keep staring at this photo hoping they did tire impressions to match up as supposedly the bad guys truck came up behind them from this view, and then did a u-turn to leave

22:06 call to Dad
22:35 Robert's text to girlfriend
22:41 911 call from clerk's daughter with Brandon's dad headed back to the scene

Photo link source from above post: https://topspot247.com/us/two-men-a...mONXhFrf02DpbcTeQp89IPkaIp4n9l1pl_EK1A7lrFpMQTireImpressionsWanted.JPG

Heck, I hope they did lots of tire impressions to see which trucks were last and the order of such. MOO... from both directions prior to LE running over them. And documenting run over grass on either side if that happened at some time? Just to rule out iykwim

View attachment 256820

I keep staring at this photo hoping they did tire impressions to match up as supposedly the bad guys truck came up behind them from this view, and then did a u-turn to leave

22:06 call to Dad
22:35 Robert's text to girlfriend
22:41 911 call from clerk's daughter with Brandon's dad headed back to the scene

Photo link source from above post: https://topspot247.com/us/two-men-a...mONXhFrf02DpbcTeQp89IPkaIp4n9l1pl_EK1A7lrFpMQView attachment 256820

Heck, I hope they did lots of tire impressions to see which trucks were last and the order of such. MOO... from both directions prior to LE running over them.
Yes I also wondered this when later pics showed lots of activity in immediate area of victims's trucks. That clay on road makes great
impressions especially with daily rains that we're getting. It stays quite wet. And that road doesn't get much traffic so I'm hoping they got great tracks.
I also wonder about foot imprints to prove or disprove WRW's account.

I don’t think there’s a media thread. We have @Niner LOL!

But seriously having these documents all in one place would be best. At the beginning of each thread is convenient. So many discrepancies in small details leads to inaccurate assumptions. One must read the documents and butt that up against the Sheriffs ad lib press conferences to grasp the crime in its entirety.

Thanks again!
FL- Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, Brandon Rollins,massacred,Frostproof, 17 July 2020*MEDIA,MAPS
in process this am

No. William is his legal name

His name is William Robert, and goes by Robert. It's perhaps a southern thing or ??? . Many folks I know are known by their middle names, including both of my brothers, they used such from childhood. (Have no earthly idea why, right now is the first time I would like to ask my parents but both have been deceased for many many years).

Heck, I just realized that in addition to both my brothers, my mother also went by her middle name.

Ha, where is our social anthropologist that we have here on WS. Interesting.

TJ was charged with three counts of first degree murder and is being held without bond. TJ, who was first arrested aged just 12 and has 230 felonies on his rap sheet, was out on bond at the time of the murders, police said Wednesday. He stood accused of breaking a man’s arm with a crowbar.

Whittemore, charged with three counts of accessory to murder, had her bond set at $45,000. Robert Wiggins is charged with three counts of accessory to murder and tampering with evidence. He had his bond set at $46,000.

Two men and a woman charged in Florida 'truck-deal massacre' - TopSpot 247

We have discussed here about how the McDs trip was intended to be an alibi and I noticed from the interview reports how they put that right on the table. Just 3 regular folks taking a child home and grabbing some dinner. Went straight on home.

At this point in time, you are fictionalizing their lives. Keven had numerous domestic battery cases against him; one where the woman was pregnant at the time. I don't consider that being salt of the earth, or the best type of people. Everyone makes mistakes and a violent death is a terrible thing but it doesn't bestow sainthood on them in death.

They are due justice just like anyone else. Their lives were cut short tragically by a psychopathic killer who probably hasn't a scintilla of remorse and is probably trying to hatch a way to skirt justice as I write this. They deserve justice, flawed or not. And their killers deserve to spend a good long time in prison to reflect on their crime. MOO IMO
Thank you for saying this; I'd typed out a reply a few times but just kept deleting it. I know none of us would ever want to shame the victims but honest assessments are deserved.

From the Arrest Affidavits:

It's about a 6-minute drive from the Dollar General Store to the crime scene via Hwy 98W from Hwy 27.

After Robert left Dollar General, he turned and was driving East of Lake Streety Rd with passengers TJ and Mary. He passed Brandon and Keven (White 2004 Ford F150), and Damion (Red 1993 Chev S10) traveling westbound.

After passing the two trucks, Robert made a U-turn, as did Damion.

Damion stopped in the roadway with his driver window adjacent to the F150 driver window. Keven was driving and Brandon was seated as passenger.

Robert, TJ, and Mary pulled up directly behind Keven and Brandon (F150).

According to Robert:

TJ got out on the passenger side as Brandon got out of the passenger side shining a flashlight at TJ.

Brandon was reaching behind the seat when TJ started yelling "What are you reaching for," and rushed Brandon, pushing him into the open passenger door, pulling a gun from his waistband, yelling "Where is Keven."

Observing Keven seated on the driver's side, TJ walked behind the F150 to the driver's side window yelling over and over "Where's my truck" while pointing the gun at Brandon.

Keven is repeating he doesn't know where TJ's truck is, and Damion is telling TJ to put the gun down.

TJ reaches through the open driver's window and punches Keven in the face, and begins firing into the cab of the F150, spins around and begins firing into the cab of Damion's Chev truck.

Robert states that after the first shot was fired, he got out of the truck and ran towards TJ to try to stop him but the shooting was done before he could get to him.

TJ starts repeating "Where is it" and before Robert can begin searching the ground for an unknown object, TJ opened the driver's door of the F150 and Keven fell out of the truck to the ground as did the firearm magazine.

Robert told TJ the magazine was on the ground and to pick it up.

TJ asked Robert to help him put Damion inside the bed of the Chev truck, and Robert helped him as requested.

Mary never got out of the truck during the incident.

Robert and TJ got back inside their truck. Robert turned the truck around and began to drive East on Lake Streety Road with TJ and Mary.

As Robert was driving, TJ began to dismantle the gun and throw pieces outside the window towards Lake Sweety.

They drove to McDonalds in Lake Wales, Fl before returning to their residence.

Robert went to the car wash on Saturday morning and washed the clay from the vehicle he was driving on Friday night.

The only thing I believe is that Damion pleaded for TJ to put the gun down. I believe Damion pleaded for all of their lives.

Although I think TJ probably responsible for shooting all 3 victims, I think they were probably held up by Robert or Mary at gunpoint while TJ was raging with Keven. I don't believe TJ could control Keven, Brandon, and Damion all by himself and needed help from Robert or Mary to hold them up.

I don't believe Robert sat inside the truck until the first shot fired as he described.

It was very dark. Brandon had the flashlight. Brandon knew TJ had a gun.

If TJ approached and/or rushed Brandon first as stated by Robert, I think Brandon would have fought TJ and tried to get the gun away from him.
No way was Brandon going to sit and wait to be shot up. Brandon was going to go down fighting.

Brandon's body was found on the ground directly north of the F150. He did not get there being fired upon inside the truck cab as described by Robert.

Same with Damion. If TJ fired into the Chev cab, he would not have needed to be moved to the truck bed.

Keven's body was found directly south of the F150 -- that would be behind the truck and not outside the driver's door as Robert described Keven falling from when the driver's door opened.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member