FL - Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, & Brandon Rollins, massacred, Frostproof, 17 July 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did they know their attackers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
A few things that make me go hmmmm when reading the arrest affidavits, so below is ONLY going off their *cough* story.

#1) Bad guys' story, supposedly came in on the road traveling east bound, passing BOTH victims trucks which supposedly were going west bound. Huh? How fast were they going to pass two trucks on a clay road? To have come in from the opposite direction, they sure indeed know to go past the first cutoff and go to the second one to come in from the other way? (not sure on this, has anyone done a mapping of where it was that they turned per AA's?)
#2) Bad guys were scoping it out and perhaps said "that is them, turn around!" and did a u-turn which put them going west bound (small town, they knew Kevin's truck? But if so, why did they say where is Kevin when they went to passenger side?)
#3) Per William Robert, after he passed them the red truck going west bound did u-turn to be east bound and the 3 victims were then driver side to driver side
#4) Which direction did Brandon's dad come in from? The road was essentially blocked, and the bad guys did a u-turn to head out going east.
#5) The reason I ask is why did they so QUICKLY throw out the gun on that road while exiting east. Is it because they passed the dad coming in from the east direction they were heading, or because they say the headlights of dad coming in from the west, which they had no idea if it was LE or ? if they just saw headlights coming in from the west. I just don't understand why throw out gun so so close to the crime scene unless you think you are going to be immediately pulled over (hmmm, but then again he was covered in blood as evidenced by the victims blood I think on the passenger seat?)

Little stuff that makes me ponder.

Oh yeah.. other things

22:06 Brandon call to dad
22:35 William Robert texted his girlfriend (hmmmm, what was said)
22:41 911 phone call from dad/clerk's daughter

When did they get the truck that they were driving?

Why did the alibi's not have all say/change to that they were dropping off nephew the hours before. Why were they trying to cover up/state such as that timing had nothing to do with the murder?
He was probably taking her McDonald's order. Moo.

Yes I also wondered this when later pics showed lots of activity in immediate area of victims's trucks. That clay on road makes great
impressions especially with daily rains that we're getting. It stays quite wet. And that road doesn't get much traffic so I'm hoping they got great tracks.
I also wonder about foot imprints to prove or disprove WRW's account.

Girlfriend of Polk Co. triple murder victim speaks to 8 On Your Side
---

IMG_20200718_103616.jpg

Listen to dads comment 2:48. Dad hears arguing in back ground.
----
Murder of three friends who were fishing may have been a targeted attack | Daily Mail Online

July 19, 2020

Three best friends killed after being beaten and shot while out fishing in Florida may have been the victims of a targeted attack, police say.

Damion Tillman, 23; Keven Springfield, 30; and Brandon Rollins, 27, all died in the Friday night massacre. They were found by the father of one of the men who managed to call for help just before he died.

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said: 'You don’t just stumble upon somebody out here.' He described the crime scene as 'the worst I have ever seen'.

The three men were fishing at a popular lake in Frostproof, 70 miles south of Orlando in central Florida.

30930844-8538645-Brandon_Rollins_27_was_murdered_on_Friday_night_on_a_fishing_tri-m-95_1595176695512.jpg

30946732-8538645-image-a-96_1595176710061.jpg

30946728-8538645-image-a-97_1595176711542.jpg

Brandon Rollins, 27, left, Damion Tillman, 23, center, Keven Springfield, 30, right, and all died in the Friday night massacre. They were found by the father of one of the men who managed to call for help just before he died

Tillman traveled to Lake Streety first and arrived by himself, according to sheriff Judd.

When Rollins and Springfield arrived soon after, Tillman was being beaten by unknown attackers, and the two friends intervened to help Tillman and were shot.

Rollins called his father at about 10pm Friday and managed to only say 'help.'

The father jumped into his car and went to where his son had said he was going fishing.

---
Three friends shot dead on a night of fishing 'may have been boxed in' by cars before 'massacre' | Daily Mail Online

July 20, 2020

The three friends beaten and shot dead on a night of fishing in Florida 'may have been boxed in' by cars, police said Monday.

Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd told WPCV: 'We don't know at this point...if someone flagged them down and boxed them up in the middle of the road.'

Damion Tillman, 23; Keven Springfield, 30; and Brandon Rollins, 27, all died in the Friday night massacre. They were found by Cyril Rollins, the father of Brandon, who managed to call for help just before he died. Sheriff Judd said the shock of finding his son dying alongside his two friends sent Cyril to hospital later in the day.
Oveida posted this in the media thread, which also shows that the grass around the 2 trucks doesn't appear to be run over (as if someone went around it).

Yeah, it does appear that there are/were really good tracks.. and hopefully impressions were taken at some time as it appears that I do see tracks on top from LE vehicles.

OveidaPicture.JPG

I apologize to anyone I may have offended. Anyone who has ever posted with me knows my posts are never meant to be offensive to anyone.

I honestly didn't know any of those things about any of the victims when I made that post.

Again I sincerely apologize, but I do agree no one deserves to be massacred especially when they aren't doing anything wrong, and only out for the night to go fishing.

Jmho

What happened to those 3 men was a terrible tragedy. For them and their families. I understand your sorrow.
His name is William Robert, and goes by Robert. It's perhaps a southern thing or ??? . Many folks I know are known by their middle names, including both of my brothers, they used such from childhood. (Have no earthly idea why, right now is the first time I would like to ask my parents but both have been deceased for many many years).

Heck, I just realized that in addition to both my brothers, my mother also went by her middle name.

Ha, where is our social anthropologist that we have here on WS. Interesting.

Is it possible that the first name is the name of a relative perhaps a father or grandfather but the middle name is the name the parents chose. My mom's first name was Gertrude after her own mother, which she hated so she went by her middle name. My middle sister uses her middle name, not because she preferred it but because my parents always called her by her middle name anyway. Go figure.

I have to wonder if they are getting any info from MW this morning. TJ has to know what his brother has already told them so I’m sure they are separated in jail.
I believe there could be additional charges for both WRW and MW after crime scene forensic test results are received. I think MW will have more reason to cooperate as her charges escalate so maybe she's keeping quiet today. She doesn't have much incentive yet. MOO

A few things that make me go hmmmm when reading the arrest affidavits, so below is ONLY going off their *cough* story.

#1) Bad guys' story, supposedly came in on the road traveling east bound, passing BOTH victims trucks which supposedly were going west bound. Huh? How fast were they going to pass two trucks on a clay road? To have come in from the opposite direction, they sure indeed know to go past the first cutoff and go to the second one to come in from the other way? (not sure on this, has anyone done a mapping of where it was that they turned per AA's?)

RSBM

Looking at a map, this makes more sense to me. It’s basically a loop from DG to the lake and back to DG. You can go clockwise or counterclockwise from DG to the lake, and it’s about the same distance.

Sounds like the victims went in one direction, and the bad guys in the other. At some point, they crossed.

Speculating—Damion recognized TJ as he passed. Damion made a u-turn to talk to Keven and Brandon, possibly warning them. Meanwhile, Robert made a u-turn and approached from behind Keven’s truck.

I do find it difficult to believe that the 3 friends sat in their vehicles waiting to be attacked. Nor do I believe Robert and Mary sat in their truck waiting for the attack.

MOO

His name is William Robert, and goes by Robert. It's perhaps a southern thing or ??? . Many folks I know are known by their middle names, including both of my brothers, they used such from childhood. (Have no earthly idea why, right now is the first time I would like to ask my parents but both have been deceased for many many years).

Heck, I just realized that in addition to both my brothers, my mother also went by her middle name.

Ha, where is our social anthropologist that we have here on WS. Interesting.
I was a middle name child also. I had my name changed legally to name I’m called, maiden name and married name. So I’m all legal now.

From the Arrest Affidavits:

It's about a 6-minute drive from the Dollar General Store to the crime scene via Hwy 98W from Hwy 27.

After Robert left Dollar General, he turned and was driving East of Lake Streety Rd with passengers TJ and Mary. He passed Brandon and Keven (White 2004 Ford F150), and Damion (Red 1993 Chev S10) traveling westbound.

After passing the two trucks, Robert made a U-turn, as did Damion.

Damion stopped in the roadway with his driver window adjacent to the F150 driver window. Keven was driving and Brandon was seated as passenger.

Robert, TJ, and Mary pulled up directly behind Keven and Brandon (F150).

According to Robert:

TJ got out on the passenger side as Brandon got out of the passenger side shining a flashlight at TJ.

Brandon was reaching behind the seat when TJ started yelling "What are you reaching for," and rushed Brandon, pushing him into the open passenger door, pulling a gun from his waistband, yelling "Where is Keven."

Observing Keven seated on the driver's side, TJ walked behind the F150 to the driver's side window yelling over and over "Where's my truck" while pointing the gun at Brandon.

Keven is repeating he doesn't know where TJ's truck is, and Damion is telling TJ to put the gun down.

TJ reaches through the open driver's window and punches Keven in the face, and begins firing into the cab of the F150, spins around and begins firing into the cab of Damion's Chev truck.

Robert states that after the first shot was fired, he got out of the truck and ran towards TJ to try to stop him but the shooting was done before he could get to him.

TJ starts repeating "Where is it" and before Robert can begin searching the ground for an unknown object, TJ opened the driver's door of the F150 and Keven fell out of the truck to the ground as did the firearm magazine.

Robert told TJ the magazine was on the ground and to pick it up.

TJ asked Robert to help him put Damion inside the bed of the Chev truck, and Robert helped him as requested.

Mary never got out of the truck during the incident.

Robert and TJ got back inside their truck. Robert turned the truck around and began to drive East on Lake Streety Road with TJ and Mary.

As Robert was driving, TJ began to dismantle the gun and throw pieces outside the window towards Lake Sweety.

They drove to McDonalds in Lake Wales, Fl before returning to their residence.

Robert went to the car wash on Saturday morning and washed the clay from the vehicle he was driving on Friday night.

The only thing I believe is that Damion pleaded for TJ to put the gun down. I believe Damion pleaded for all of their lives.

Although I think TJ probably responsible for shooting all 3 victims, I think they were probably held up by Robert or Mary at gunpoint while TJ was raging with Keven. I don't believe TJ could control Keven, Brandon, and Damion all by himself and needed help from Robert or Mary to hold them up.

I don't believe Robert sat inside the truck until the first shot fired as he described.

It was very dark. Brandon had the flashlight. Brandon knew TJ had a gun.

If TJ approached and/or rushed Brandon first as stated by Robert, I think Brandon would have fought TJ and tried to get the gun away from him.
No way was Brandon going to sit and wait to be shot up. Brandon was going to go down fighting.

Brandon's body was found on the ground directly north of the F150. He did not get there being fired upon inside the truck cab as described by Robert.

Same with Damion. If TJ fired into the Chev cab, he would not have needed to be moved to the truck bed.

Keven's body was found directly south of the F150 -- that would be behind the truck and not outside the driver's door as Robert described Keven falling from when the driver's door opened.

MOO

Can someone explain to me why a magazine would end up in Keven's vehicle? Is it from TJ's gun? Or was it a magazine from a weapon inside Keven's vehicle?

I'm not familiar with the weapon TJ used but if he ran out of bullets and changed out a magazine to continue shooting that could mean he was planning the murder, that it wasn't a spur of the moment act. Unless it's normal behavior to drive around with extra magazines, I don't know.

I'm also wondering whether the images we see of the two trucks is many hours after first responders came and the ME etc. I wondered if one of them had been moved by LE to attend the bodies. Is it possible that the vehicles were much closer together when DT and KS stopped to talk driver to driver?

Oh that takes me back! I remember being on a macrobiotic diet after reading the book by George Ohsawa. I didn't last long and I guess to the Japanese ALL Caucasians have Sanpaku eyes.

eg Sanpaku is when the whites of the eyes are visible under the iris.
Also know as 3 whites. The white shows on both sides and bottom of iris. There was a case on here a few years ago and we discussed Sanpaku eyes a lot. Don’t remember now who it was.

RSBM

Looking at a map, this makes more sense to me. It’s basically a loop from DG to the lake and back to DG. You can go clockwise or counterclockwise from DG to the lake, and it’s about the same distance.

Sounds like the victims went in one direction, and the bad guys in the other. At some point, they crossed.

Speculating—Damion recognized TJ as he passed. Damion made a u-turn to talk to Keven and Brandon, possibly warning them. Meanwhile, Robert made a u-turn and approached from behind Keven’s truck.

I do find it difficult to believe that the 3 friends sat in their vehicles waiting to be attacked. Nor do I believe Robert and Mary sat in their truck waiting for the attack.

MOO

I intentionally delayed reading the AA's until last night and I won't do that again! I was smokin hot after reading the allegations as told by Robert. I hope forensics comes through sooner than later and complete charges for the entire lot can be filed.

The only part that rang true to me was Damion pleading with TJ to put the gun down. As for Brandon, no way did he idly sit in the cab waiting his turn to be executed. If TJ was gunning for him, Brandon was going down fighting. MOO

We have discussed here about how the McDs trip was intended to be an alibi and I noticed from the interview reports how they put that right on the table. Just 3 regular folks taking a child home and grabbing some dinner. Went straight on home.

And neglected to think that they would be on tape from the drivethrough in a vehicle that didn't match which one they said they were in.

Pffft, were they all expecting that the owner of the truck would cover that it was borrowed and had stains in the front passenger seat? Were they expecting that the person with the nephew would not tell the truth as they had differing stories on?

RSBM
Keven's body was found directly south of the F150 -- that would be behind the truck and not outside the driver's door as Robert described Keven falling from when the driver's door opened.

MOO

I drew a diagram as was so confusing.

The road went east to west.

The red truck was on the south side of the road heading east with the drivers side facing north, the white truck was headed west and on the north side of the street with the drivers side facing south.

So Kevin is in the road outside the drivers side of the white truck (south side of white truck) and outside the drivers side of the red truck (north side of the red truck)

What happened to those 3 men was a terrible tragedy. For them and their families. I understand your sorrow.

Thank you for your kind words, and understanding my honest mistake. At least you did it thoughtfully which makes me feel you know it was an honest mistake on my part. So thank you so much. Unfortunately some would rather just pounce instead of giving me a chance to explain, and even when I do it's not good enough. :(

I missed the links about the victims past history including any criminal offenses.

I didn't even know they were linked on here. I still haven't read them so would you please be so kind Bran to link them again so I can read them? TIA!

I just assumed (yes a bad thing to do I know) that like in the past Tricia has wanted us to remain a victim friendly site, so I wasn't aware information had been linked here about the victims past criminal history. I shouldn't have assumed though. I've just followed what SJudd has so passionately said about the three young men.

What about the other two young men?

I am a DV abuse survivor myself from the horrific abuses I endured during my first marriage of over 10 years... that came very close to me losing my own life... when I was in ICU with a blood clot on my brain along with several other serious imjuries.

I wouldn't ever KNOWINGLY support anyone who hurts anyone whether it's male DV abusers or a female DV abusers. And I certainly wouldn't when it comes to parents who do such cruel abuses to their own children.

Anyone who has posted with me for way over a decade knows I'm a very strong advocate for those who have been abused as an adult, and/or during their childhood, which I was also subjected to from the age of 5 years old until almost to the age of 16.

Jmho

Can someone explain to me why a magazine would end up in Keven's vehicle? Is it from TJ's gun? Or was it a magazine from a weapon inside Keven's vehicle?

I'm not familiar with the weapon TJ used but if he ran out of bullets and changed out a magazine to continue shooting that could mean he was planning the murder, that it wasn't a spur of the moment act. Unless it's normal behavior to drive around with extra magazines, I don't know.

I'm also wondering whether the images we see of the two trucks is many hours after first responders came and the ME etc. I wondered if one of them had been moved by LE to attend the bodies. Is it possible that the vehicles were much closer together when DT and KS stopped to talk driver to driver?
A second magazine is simply a convenient way to carry spare bullets for the gun. I would say carrying a second magazine is more common now as gun laws have generally reduced the number of bullets each magazine can hold.

I don't see the presence of a second magazine as any more of an indicator that the murder was planned anymore than just having the gun was.

I'm sure that's what is going on now - the continuing investigation of intent (planned or impulse shooting).

Allegedly, TJ was reaching inside the truck cab to shoot his victims where two men inside could have been fighting him for the weapon and TJ lost the clip. According to Robert, TJ was mumbling "where is it", "where is it," until the magazine fell out of the truck when TJ opened the driver's door of the F150 (and Keven also fell out the door to the ground).

I do not believe we've received information about the gun used except that it was manufactured by Smith & Wesson.

I believe the Chev s10 and the Ford f150 are in their original positions from the crime. The investigators accomplished this by mowing the road grass for a wider berth rather than move the trucks off the road.

MOO

He was probably taking her McDonald's order. Moo.

Gotcha, I haven't seen her (William Robert g'friend) mentioned in any interviews/at the homestead other than this part of the arrest affidavit, so didn't know if she was back there at the time this all went down. I guess they put that in just for the timing to line up with McDonalds video? Not sleuthing her, just mentioning such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia