FL - Damion Tillman, Keven Springfield, & Brandon Rollins, massacred, Frostproof, 17 July 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did they know their attackers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the presser, Mary initially was talking then she lawyered up.

My recollection is she was not cooperative at all! I believe Sheriff Judd said she became downright hostile when they were trying to confirm the spelling of her surname. She did request a lawyer but she never talked. In fact, she's going to be questioned under a state subpoena on Friday morning. MOO

My recollection is she was not cooperative at all! I believe Sheriff Judd said she became downright hostile when they were trying to confirm the spelling of her surname. She did request a lawyer but she never talked. In fact, she's going to be questioned under a state subpoena on Friday morning. MOO

She did admit to buying the ammo and being at DG before asking for an atty.

This. I don't believe we have a complete and coherent account yet.

I've seen one account that claims that the shooters waited for and followed both trucks after leaving the store. At least one early account suggested that BR/KS arrived to find Damion being beaten up and tried to intervene.

I can believe that neither MW or RW thought TJ was going to actually shoot anyone. He's been in trouble for years, but I don't recall mention of him actually firing a weapon at anyone. I don't think even he knew he was going to start firing until he did.

I don't believe little brother has done hard time and I believe TJ will do whatever he can to protect him.

I don't understand why Damion's body was moved - I don't recall seeing confirmation from LE that his body was found in the pickup bed. I wonder if the killers briefly thought about loading the bodies up and 'disappearing' all the evidence.

I'm also curious as to why the killers' truck had to be cleaned the next day. Just a routine weekly car wash, easy peasy for people who live without running water or spare cash for a car wash? I doubt it.

During the post arrest Media Conference, Sheriff Grady is the one who states Damion was place into the back of his own pick up truck and done so haphazardly that Damion's ankle and foot was visibly sticking up in plain sight. That was another detail I found very pitiful and terribly sad. I wish I'd never watched the Dollar Store video.

ETA: RW washed the pickup truck because it had a lot of that red mud that is out on Lake Streety Road all over it.

Right before she got belligerent about her name, per the sheriff, she recognized what she said about buying bullets with TJ at Rural King and being at the Dollar General, that she was busted so to speak (me paraphrasing).

Typo: Walmart was incorrect, it was Rural King (where the ammo was bought) Sorry!

Last edited:
Each perp gave a different version of events. The Affidavits are online and very detailed. TJWs is 5 pages, WRWs is 12 pages, MCWs is 11 pages. They were too large to upload here. You can go to the Polk County, FL court site you can open them.

ETA: corrected initials, sorry! William Robert Wiggins (WRW) and Mary Clare Whittemore (MCW)

Edited to clarify: The charges for WRW are split between two documents.

Last edited:
I thought

I thought WRW was the only one who actually "talked".

Check out the Affidavit on Page 44 here on this Tread and refer to Comment #866... start at the last paragraph on 2 page to see what TJ's girlfriend spilled. She contradicted the other 2 and told ridiculous timeline lies. She had a lot to say and most likely only shut up because she realized she was tripping over her own feet all over the place and the interviewer was buying none of it. It being Florida, most likely those interviews will eventually be released.

I’m curious, does she have to answer questions at the subpoena? My guess is no, but my guessing never seems to end well :confused:

MOD NOTE:

WEBSLEUTHS IS A FAMILY FRIENDLY FORUM. IT IS A VIOLATION TO SUGGEST ANY FAMILY INVOLVEMENT IN THIS CRIME, AND IS IT ALSO A VIOLATION TO QUOTE A POST THAT DOES SO. TIME OUTS WILL BE ISSUED FOR REPEATED VIOLATIONS. PLEASE FOLLOW THE RULES.

CocoChanel

I’m curious, does she have to answer questions at the subpoena? My guess is no, but my guessing never seems to end well :confused:

I think she does have to answer questions while under subpoena which is why she has to have an attorney with her. I remember how hard Mrs. C Anthony tried to avoid the subpoena questioning but, eventually, she had to submit to the questions. I think refusal to answer questions can result in being in contempt... not sure. I wish an attorney would drop by and answer this question :oops: .

ETA: Wait... it was during a deposition hearing with LE that Mrs. CA had to answer questions. So... that changes everything. The two situations can't be compared.

Last edited:
I think she does have to answer questions while under subpoena which is why she has to have an attorney with her. I remember how hard Mrs. C Anthony tried to avoid the subpoena questioning but, eventually, she had to submit to the questions. I think refusal to answer questions can result in being in contempt... not sure. I wish an attorney would drop by and answer this question :oops: .
Also wondering about questioning under subpoena - if she lies, could she be charged with contempt, if determined to be lying? or would that only apply in the courtroom, under oath?

Thank you. I'm not familiar with South Florida but I thought smoking inside public places (including Dollar General) illegal and why I had to ask.

I also noticed the apparent cigarette. I thought it was unlit. I’ve seen people “hold” an unlit cigarette in their mouth in anticipation of lighting it. I do think it’s a nervous habit/fidget that showed he was upset.

MOO

Also wondering about questioning under subpoena - if she lies, could she be charged with contempt, if determined to be lying? or would that only apply in the courtroom, under oath?

Me, too, whitelilac... I found this specific to the state of Florida pertaining to subpoenas. So, I still don't know if she has to answer all questions but it's now obvious to me it's not a simple matter at all and this (see link below) is why she is required to have a lawyer with her!

Statutes & Constitution :View Statutes : Online Sunshine

Attachments

• Case Summary MCW 7-23-20.pdf
    626.7 KB · Views: 80
  • Case Summary TJW 7-23-20.pdf
    665.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Case Summary WRW 7-23-20.pdf
    617.8 KB · Views: 24
Earlier I could not get the "Print Case Summary" button to open the PDF. I was able to tonight. These are much easier to read than my screen clips.

Here is the Case ID#s and names:
Case ID Name
2020CF005654A000XX TJ Wiggins
2020CF005657A000XX WR Wiggins
2020CF005655A000XX MC Whittemore

Here is the link:
Welcome to Polk Records Online, the Polk County Clerk of Court’s consolidated case records search application. Please select from the available options.
Brilliant -- much appreciated!

Earlier I could not get the "Print Case Summary" button to open the PDF. I was able to tonight. These are much easier to read than my screen clips.

Here is the Case ID#s and names:
Case ID Name
2020CF005654A000XX TJ Wiggins
2020CF005657A000XX WR Wiggins
2020CF005655A000XX MC Whittemore

Here is the link:
Welcome to Polk Records Online, the Polk County Clerk of Court’s consolidated case records search application. Please select from the available options.

Thank you so much! This is great and very much appreciated.

FROSTPROOF, Fla. (WFLA) – The Polk County Sheriff’s Office has announced that Polk Sheriff’s Charities has received enough money to pay for all funeral expenses for the three families of three young men “massacred” during a fishing trip in Frostproof.

In a statement, Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd said “On behalf of Brandon, Damion, and Keven’s families, we would like to thank everyone for the outpouring of support you have shown during this horrific situation.”

Sheriff Judd says the donations will be split equally among all three families.

Frostproof ‘massacre’ victims funeral expenses covered following ‘outpouring of support’ | WFLA

A court issued subpoena is enforceable and you can't duck out of it but that does not mean you forfeit your right against self-incrimination.

During questioning, MW only has to invoke her 5th amendment right not to answer the question.

Until somebody puts a sweet deal on the table, I think MW's attorney is going to suggest she not answer many questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member