GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree about the oddity of wording the **wedding announcement** that way. Tacky.
And boy did she rack up some pricey, private, Ivey-ish scholastic tuition costs! Oh wait, I'm sure they were all paid for in advance. Yep.

Moo

I was taken aback by the fact they were married in a reform synagogue, especially given DA's conservative upbringing. I wonder if WA's mother is jewish by maternal birthright. Not that it matters, just sort of a personal curiosity of mine.‎

Approved SM Pages/Profiles

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

• Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
  • Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • ***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.

Check back to see if the comment is still there. For some reason, it seems it disappears only after you have clicked on it once.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

You are right it is gone now! Very strange. Wonder if it is in the cache on one's machine if you have seen it before and then it is gone when facebook refreshes?

You are right it is gone now! Very strange. Wonder if it is in the cache on one's machine if you have seen it before and then it is gone when facebook refreshes?
I think it was deleted specifically by someone but the deletion doesn't show until you see the original post???? Do you recall the date she posted on?

Approved SM Pages/Profiles

Public Pages
Mainstream Media (MSM)
Law Enforcement (LE)
Group support pages for victims, such as "Help Find..." and "Justice for...”
Legitimate non-profit organizations who provide assistance and support to victims and their families (e.g., Klass Kids, Texas Equusearch).

• Links may be used to direct members to a post by the owner or an admin of an approved social media page/profile.
  • Posts by an owner or admin may be copied or quoted. This refers primarly to posts or tweets by MSM reporters, and announcements by law enforcement, the immediate family, or the admin of a group support page.
  • Paraphrasing is okay.
  • ***NOTE: Comments and posts by readers/visitors of these pages are not allowed to be quoted, copied or referenced. Just don’t mention them.
How do you know who is a member and who is just a reader/
and or commentator? I thought that in order to post, you have to be a member. Thx.

Even members of the 'Justice' FB page would be considered readers/visitors because they are not the owner or admin of the page. As members, they aren't posting in an official capacity and their posts are considered rumors (which are not allowed to be brought over to WS). I know it's confusing at times, heck, I keep referring back to the rules myself. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me or another mod.

Misterb, I noticed that too! I was taken aback that the rogue rabbi case was so often referenced. Everyone knew, literally everyone, that it was a red herring. I bet the FB page was created by 'Team WA' enthusiasts. I know his friends & family would never drive a narrative. They have maintained complete silence. I so admire that, I'm just not capable of keeping my mouth shut.

The "Justice for Dan" page was/is not maintained by "WA enthusiasts" - it is run by a friend of Dan's.

I was thinking the same thing. The difference in this case is the family is seemingly well-connected compared to MS. Very well connected.

It will be interesting if the courts decide to overlook CA's connection as if it is irrelevant to the murder and come up with a motive for Garcia and Rivera.
l

I don't know Miami or Florida, and perhaps I'm niave, but I think there's a stronger incentive for the legal sysyem to stop wealthy/privileged people from hiring hit men to dispose of ex-spouses, than if the cases involving poorer/marginalized people.

How could society or marriages function if doctors, dentists, lawyers, successful businessmen, began paying to kill unwanted people in their lives, because they knew they could get away with it? Honestly, if the fear of ruining their own lives weren't a deterrence, I think quite a number of people would choose that option, especially in the turmoil of marriage breakdown with young kids.

l

I don't know Miami or Florida, and perhaps I'm niave, but I think there's a stronger incentive for the legal sysyem to stop wealthy/privileged people from hiring hit men to dispose of ex-spouses, than if the cases involving poorer/marginalized people.

How could society or marriages function if doctors, dentists, lawyers, successful businessmen, began paying to kill unwanted people in their lives, because they knew they could get away with it? Honestly, if the fear of ruining their own lives weren't a deterrence, I think quite a number of people would choose that option, especially in the turmoil of marriage breakdown with young kids.

Let's hope

The "Justice for Dan" page was/is not maintained by "WA enthusiasts" - it is run by a friend of Dan's.

"Friend" is a subjective term. I'm hard pressed to believe the suggestive nature of rabbinical impropriety relating to his death would come from those who truly knew DM & considered him a friend. MOO

"Friend" is a subjective term. I'm hard pressed to believe the suggestive nature of rabbinical impropriety relating to his death would come from those who truly knew DM & considered him a friend. MOO

Agreed. I am both a friend and a Facebook friend of Dan and when I looked at CA's Facebook profile Dan came up as a mutual friend. Tells you what friend can mean....

Even members of the 'Justice' FB page would be considered readers/visitors because they are not the owner or admin of the page. As members, they aren't posting in an official capacity and their posts are considered rumors (which are not allowed to be brought over to WS). I know it's confusing at times, heck, I keep referring back to the rules myself. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me or another mod.

It's literally impossible to censor speech without censoring speech. Some of the TOS are very clear, but then there's this great big gray area and any attempt to clarify results in further confusion. No fault of WS, just the complexities of allowing people to freely speculate absent implicate. I don't envy you guys but thankful for your service.

I was taken aback by the fact they were married in a reform synagogue, especially given DA's conservative upbringing. I wonder if WA's mother is jewish by maternal birthright. Not that it matters, just sort of a personal curiosity of mine.‎

Actually wondered the same, but kind of hoped someone else might mention it!
The name, - D - suggests, imo,. a Cath.background, - one might assume religion not from maternal side.
Pure speculation, imo.

IMO the rabbis seemed the most sinister players in the scenario up until the probable cause document was unsealed... I mean, I'm not a friend of Dan's but I'm sure all of his friends are looking for answers just like the rest of us...

Aug 5 2014

Professor Wendi Adelson. Through her lawyer, Jimmy Judkins, Professor Adelson issued the following statement:

This message is being sent to the media outlets that have asked for a statement or other information from Wendi Adelson. Ms. Adelson requests that the media respect her privacy as she helps her children overcome the unexpected loss of their father. She remains deeply concerned about the safety and well-being of her children. During the ongoing investigation of this tragedy, Ms. Adelson will not be making any further public comments. She, and every person acting for her, will decline any further requests for information, interviews, or appearances. She encourages anyone who may have information that could help identify the person or persons responsible to please contact the Tallahassee Police Department.

In the absence of hard information, speculation continues. Some wonder whether people who threatened Dan Markel online might have had something to do with his death.

http://abovethelaw.com/2014/08/the-...tion-into-the-murder-of-professor-dan-markel/

Hitman/likely motive was obvious from day 1. Hitman is almost always caught; when caught always turns. We've seen it over and over.

Hope I didn't lead you astray. This is all just my opinion.

Thank you. It is distressing to me that the interpretation of the abrupt release is still uncertain. A lot of people do not want to think the family is involved and that could cause them to do things that support their belief. I read an article that said WA's published statement of relief about Garcia's arrest was a sign of her innocence. Maybe it is a sign that she plans to pretend that she had no knowledge and plead not guilty, if charged.
People seem to be grasping at straws to maintain her innocence.

I am sure I would find it difficult to accept that someone I knew could be involved in murdering someone because they wanted to move 4 hours down the road. I might scramble to be nice and defend them, just in case they have more Garcias and Riveras in their back pocket

The Sopranos keep coming to mind because they, the wife and daughter anyway, would seem just like everyone else. Like WA and her mother. That is the only way I can relate to it. A TV mini-series. Cartoon characters.

The Justice for Dan Facebook page was created immediately after Dan's death by his friends as a way to connect his network and follow the investigation. The focus on the 'Get Gang' was not a deflection, it was the best theory going. Even if some privately speculated about the Adelson's, nobody who knew Dan was going to post accusations out of deference for the boys.

DeLeo could not yet confirm whether money for the murder exchanged hands but Garcia’s arrest papers say Rivera’s checking account revealed a North Miami transaction about 6:46 p.m. the day Markel was killed.

The report says Rivera, also known as “King Tato,” rented a green 2008 Toyota Prius from a North Miami rental car company. He and Garcia, the report said, then drove the car to Tallahassee on*July 16, 2014. *The car would become integral in cracking the case.

The men, police say, arrived just after midnight and checked into a West Tennessee Street motel. Cellphone records and witnesses show the duo spent the next day scoping out the area near Markel's house. The night before the murder, a third person*known to police*rented the men*a room at a North Monroe Street motel.

Investigators say surveillance footage and cellphone records show the men followed Markel the next morning after dropping his sons off at preschool and going to the gym. A friend on the phone with Markel reported he said a stranger was in his driveway when he pulled in about 11 a.m. It was the last word Markel said.

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...s-connect-markel-family-murder-plot/85286088/

http://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...s-connect-markel-family-murder-plot/85286088/

cellular towers in the Lake City area was Katherine Magbanua.

The call to Magbanua, the mother of his two children, was one of 2,700 investigators found Garcia made to her between May 1, 2014, and July 19, 2014 - the day after Markel’s killing. After that, his phone went dead for good.

Magbanua, who is listed on state records as vice president of Garcia’s company, S. Garcia Solutions Inc., was involved at the time of the murder in what DeLeo described as “a very personal relationship” with Charles Adelson.

In Garcia’s arrest documents, she is cited as the link between the accused killers and the Adelsons.

Call records show Magbanua was one of Charles Adelson’s “top contacts.” She too is still being investigated, DeLeo said. There is no mention of her being interviewed yet by police.

DeLeo said multiple agencies have put in countless hours chipping away at thousands of leads in the*case. For 22 months suspects eluded police who gathered evidence as it came in. There was no defining moment that changed the investigation, he said.

“It’s not a race,” he added. “I wouldn’t say it’s painstakingly slow, it’s painstakingly thorough.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper