GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been thinking about WA and her human rights work and DM saying that she had everyone fooled, thinking she was a good person (paraphrased).

Maybe she saw human rights, trafficking, etc as her way to the top. Maybe this is the way she talked about it at home. We all disclose things to intimates that we would never say in public. From everything I have read about him, I do not think he would respect that.

I am also considering that AboveTheLaw may be in this position and have his own private thoughts that he is withholding since he received criticism in the past for suggesting her involvement. It is important for lawyers to be aware of their own bias. Surely he is aware of this.

None of OJ’s lawyers were bleeding heart, good deeders, that were passionate about “poor OJ, he is not capable of murder”..

They were passionate about presenting the best defense possible

I agree with him that WA is not stupid by any means. I disagree with him that smart people with law degrees never commit crimes. And a quick Google search brings up a number of attorneys convicted of murder.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I agree. Some rainy boring Sunday afternoon, click on the disciplinary cases on your State Bar website. It is good reading and humorous, after you get over the shock.

I think the Prius is way more important than people may realize. I think it may point the arrow right at the person that "planned" to have Dan's life taken and set this all in motion. I think this person chose a Prius because of something very specific . I am a distant neighbor, meaning I live several streets over from Dan's home. I was actually confused when our police department released the picture of the Prius. I thought that someone had mistaken it for one of our neighbor's vehicles. The house "right next door" directly to the left (if facing Dan's home) had a Prius that looked exactly like this one. Minus of course the small details that are now evident after getting to stare at the picture for a great legnth of time. It sat in the driveway of the owner's home all the time prior to the murder and even after Dan's life was taken. My neighbor's Prius was not used in this crime, but I certainly thought for a few minutes, wait, why are they showing the neighbor's car and what on earth is going on?

Wecome to Ws LiveLaughLove!
Something about the car has always seemed off, imo.
Although the car was apparently rented, It would be freaky if a Prius was actually requested, because there (might be) one near DM's house.
That way, nobody would take notice if it was seen near Daniel's house on the day of the murder, nor arouse suspicion, if it was seen in the neighbourhood beforehand, imo.
speculation.

He didn't say that.

Correct .... his key point there was that she wouldn't be stupid enough to actually write about it in a class and appear on a podcast about it, if involved. But I don't really agree ... you could just as easily argue that, as a really smart person, if involved in the plot, she would be smart enough to know to "act innocent", to proceed with life as if the cause of this tragedy was completely unrelated to her or her family. Writing about DM's death in a writing class might be an extreme measure, but it's not outside the realm for me.

I find it much more improbable that a really smart person such as WA could have one or more of her close family members involved in a murder-for-hire plot of her ex-husband, and she not have the first clue about it either before OR after the murder.

That's not what the author of the Above the Law article meant, he didn't mean that because WA is a lawyer and smart she wouldn't have killed her husband.

Rather, he meant that it's unlikely that WA would have talked about the murder or written about it in her creative writing class if she was part of the crime because WA is a lawyer and WA is smart, and no smart, sane lawyer would have done that because that can all be used against you at a subsequent trial. Thus he though the fact she talked about it suggested she didn't do it.

It wasn't said succinctly, however.

Wecome to Ws LiveLaughLove!
Something about the car has always seemed off, imo.
Although the car was apparently rented, It would be freaky if a Prius was actually requested, because there (might be) one near DM's house.
That way, nobody would take notice if it was seen near Daniel's house on the day of the murder, nor arouse suspicion, if it was seen in the neighbourhood beforehand, imo.
speculation.
This gave me the chills. Probably more than just about anything else.
Someone instructed them to rent this specific car.
Now, that was "smart".

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Welcome to Ws goldy2!
Thinking that it is difficult to be succinct about such a convoluted and confusing matter.
On one hand, the writer may understandably want to defend WA, but on the other, he might find that difficult, given the curious statements made by WA in the podcast. Maybe he is of two minds, whether he wants to be or not, imo.

This is what i grapple with.Rbbm.

When asked how she is doing, WA says that she only talks about what is good in her life- fair enough, but it sounds like everything is pretty darn good imo.
The odd thing is, that the things that are supposedly not good, also seems good, all that was missed apparently was a commencement speech and a trip ...
Speculation, imo.

I’m not really okay. I list the things that are going well when people ask this question. My children are thriving and happy. We live with my parents, who are incredibly devoted to our well-being. I started my own immigration practice, and I just signed up to do a one-year clerkship with the federal Eleventh Circuit in September, which means I can get off Obamacare and have one year guaranteed of a steady income

( The bad stuff)? imo.

But the truth is that I miss my life. I was a professor at Florida State University College of Law. I was so proud to be a public interest attorney and a mentor to my students. The novel I wrote about my clients’ stories had just been chosen as the common read for all first-year students at FSU. In August I was supposed to be the commencement speaker, and then I was supposed to take my brain-cancer-surviving, just-turned-seventy father on a trip to Machu Picchu.

And I don’t get to complain that I didn’t do anything of those things because I am alive.

http://abovethelaw.com/2016/06/the-murder-of-dan-markel-wendi-adelson-speaks-part-1/?rf=1

This gave me the chills. Probably more than just about anything else.
Someone instructed them to rent this specific car.
Now, that was "smart".

Totally agree, had toned down my response to that info.but it absolutely gave me the chills too!

Totally agree, had toned down my response to that info.but it absolutely gave me the chills too!

Yes me too. All I can think of is poor Dan and of course his parents and sister. Such underhanded evilness.

I particularly enjoyed the part about her being on Obama Care. Any wealthy family owning over a million dollars worth of luxury vehicles would be hard pressed to afford private health insurance. :facepalm:

I particularly enjoyed the part about her being on Obama Care. Any wealthy family owning over a million dollars worth of luxury vehicles would be hard pressed to afford private health insurance. :facepalm:

Well said, Paige!

Hypocrisy at its best!!!

IMHO

I see the Smile Makers no longer have a FB page for the practice. CA still has one.

Well said, Paige!

Hypocrisy at its best!!!

IMHO

The term 'Obama Care' was an interesting choice, considering the efforts the government has gone through to replace it with the ACA (Affordable Care Act.) How insulting to the intelligence of her audience. I don't know what the income guidelines are for qualifying for "Obama Care" in the state of Florida but it would appear her financial disclosure (as referenced as part of the ongoing litigation prior to DM's death) in the divorce settlement would prohibit her from qualifying for a subsidy. Maybe someone here can expound upon the requirements. Either way it's obvious she can afford private insurance and ridiculous of her to pretend otherwise.

Obamacare is not just for the poor, it is for people who don't have access to insurance through an employer or other option. It can be very expensive, I was pricing it for my husband and I instead of the insurance offered by my company and to get the same coverage it is $1667 a month based on income of less than $35k a year for a 2 person family. And I would get no gov't assistance to pay the monthly fee.

Obamacare is not just for the poor, it is for people who don't have access to insurance through an employer or other option. It can be very expensive, I was pricing it for my husband and I instead of the insurance offered by my company and to get the same coverage it is $1667 a month based on income of less than $35k a year for a 2 person family. And I would get no gov't assistance to pay the monthly fee.

Duly noted. I still stand by my statement that an uber wealthy family can afford private insurance.

Duly noted. I still stand by my statement that an uber wealthy family can afford private insurance.
I agree with you, as well as the person you were replying to. What WA may have meant was that she would no longer have to buy insurance on the exchange, because now she could get it through her employer. However, eligibility for ACA subsidies is based solely on income, not assets, so one could own a luxury car and still qualify for a subsidy.

I see the Smile Makers no longer have a FB page for the practice. CA still has one.
I couldn't find CA's FB but I did find his current love interest.
It appears their relationship began some time in 2015 to this Memorial Day. Not much listed after that. I don't think I can give the link here but just let me say, this is more what I had in mind for CA. (and she is Thai but no affiliations with KM or anyone else in this continuing saga that I could find.)

I agree with you, as well as the person you were replying to. What WA may have meant was that she would no longer have to buy insurance on the exchange, because now she could get it through her employer. However, eligibility for ACA subsidies is based solely on income, not assets, so one could own a luxury car and still qualify for a subsidy.

Is it based on individual or household income? I thought it was household and considering the fact she lives with her wealthy parents you'd think that would throw a wrinkle in her eligibility. But either way, I think we all can agree her being on 'Obama Care' isn't one of necessity.

Is it based on individual or household income? I thought it was household and considering the fact she lives with her wealthy parents you'd think that would throw a wrinkle in her eligibility. But either way, I think we all can agree her being on 'Obama Care' isn't one of necessity.
It is based on what you report as household income, not individual income. They live in FL, there are not a lot of companies that offer individual insurance policies any longer here, almost all of them cancelled these policies when the ACA went into effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper