GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yellow. Thanks. Agree.

Imo. Dan Markel was a man amongst all others.

He strived and accomplished and was willing to deal with things for the sake of keeping his family united.

But Imo. Wendi led her family to believe that Dan was something else.

Which is very sad on her part.

I guarantee that Wendi cried on every shoulder she came across while divorcing dan with the hopes of someone becoming her knight and shining armor. Jmo.

Imo. Wendi may not have been involved. But she sure made sure that she put the word out to anyone that listened about how unhappy she was with Dan during the divorce with the hopes of someone saving the day without her knowing.

Jmo.

Wendi is smarter than the average bear. Lol.
I think you mean she's more manipulative, not smarter.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When hiring a hit man, does the issue of covering your tracks ever come up in discussion or do the hirers just assume that's a given????

I think you mean she's more manipulative, not smarter.

Lol. Agree my friend.

But sometimes manipulation and smarts are tested on the same platform as smarts.

Some are book smart. And some are street smart.

But the street smart people would be seen as just manipulative.

When in actually; You have to judge it as smarts because the person was smart enough to know how they could win. Even without being intellectual smart as the competition. Jmo.

There are different kinds of smart. Jmo.

But you are right. Manipulation definitely means tricky. But still smart at the same time. Jmo.

Lol. Agree my friend.

But sometimes manipulation and smarts are tested on the same platform as smarts.

Some are book smart. And some are street smart.

But the street smart people would be seen as just manipulative.

When in actually; You have to judge it as smarts because the person was smart enough to know how they could win. Even without being intellectual smart as the competition. Jmo.

There are different kinds of smart. Jmo.

But you are right. Manipulation definitely means tricky. But still smart at the same time. Jmo.
Oh you're totally right. I'm just loathe to pay the smart compliment to this one! 😉

Oh you're totally right. I'm just loathe to pay the smart compliment to this one! ��

Agree. And I am truly surprised that the smart educational brother would higher a less educated person (that he would never see qualified as an intellectual ) to carry out a smart crime. Lol. Jmo.

C.A is smart. But he supposedly handed the job to a street smart person who was only smart via their manipulations. Lol.

I'm confused. Lol

But in all honesty. I think Wendi and her mother was smart enough plus manipulative enough to know what to say to a gullible person that wouldn't hold them responsible in the long run.

So imo. Smarts and Manipulation can sometimes out smart the smartest person in the room. Lol

But I agree TTF14 .

There is a thin line.

Snipped by me. The plan was most likely kill Dan after he took the children to daycare which was what happened. The killers followed him around that day so they knew the children were dropped off and not with him. Whomever planned the murder wanted the kids in daycare and not with Dan.

Yeah, I wonder if he was going to pick them up again that day later on or if the mother would have taken over custody for the week. If he was charged to pick them up, it is doubly cruel to kill him that day when the kids were expecting to see him in a few hours. The kids were probably the last to see him alive.

I'm new to this case, and I'm wondering.... who do we expect to be arrested next? Could it be the CA and KM?
I don't anticipate any arrest for awhile. I think SG isn't talking. After all, this isn't his first rodeo. With his rap sheet and little time served, he's probably under the assumption he'll be cruising the beaches of Broward county next month. I think when reality sets in that the trail of bread crumbs he left behind are keeping him locked up for a very long time, he will start singing like a canary. I guess LE hasn't got to that point.

I must say that I am impressed with the work LE did. If they figured all of this out from a simple description of a car, they may be able to figure out a money trail and where it went......even if it was a cash hand off.

That ATM transaction was to locate Garcia and Rivera on their Tallahassee-to-Miami itinerary. Remember, this is a circumstantial case. There is no direct witness to the shooting. All we have is a neighbor who witnessed the green Prius fleeing the crime scene. So they have to place these two Miami residents in Tallahassee and demonstrate how they got there. If you read the PC carefully, they don't even say exactly where the ATM transaction took place: it's somewhere between Tallahassee and North Miami but closer to Miami since 7 hours had passed since the shooting. These cell phone tower data, toll records, rental car receipts, surveillance videos from adjacent premises and buses, and even the ATM transaction are used to place these two in Tallahassee or on their way or returning from Tallahassee. It is intended to show that these Miami residents, who had no business being in Tallahassee, were there to commit the crime.

The ATM transaction probably had nothing to do with the crime. Kathy Magbanua would have to be an idiot to wire a large sum of money to Rivera's bank account right after the killing. More than likely they were paid in cash: Charlie to Kathy, Kathy to Garcia, and Garcia to Rivera. People do contract killings for as little as $10,000 cash. This was an out-of-town killing which involved 2 contractors, 2 separate trips, staying 2 nights at 2 different motels, casing the joint, and following Markel around for 2 days to minimize collateral damage to ensure that the kids are not present when Markel's killed. I'd be surprised if they did this for less than $25,000. Probably more like $30,000 - $80,000. But remember, money is not exactly an issue for the contractee(s) here. The Adelsons own 3 Mercedes, 2 Lexus and a Ferrari, which Wendi and Charlie used to drive. They were probably paid above the going rate and told to take extra care to leave the kids untouched and not leave their fingerprints anywhere:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...te-wife-young-sons-bitter-divorce-family.html

Good morning helmut3585- If TPD knew who the car belonged to soon after the murder, why did they come out with this video and appeal re the car a year later on July 17, 2015? Honestly, this upset me thinking they had wasted valuable time by waiting so long before revealing aspects of the car.

http://news.wfsu.org/post/tpd-releases-new-information-2014-death-fsu-professor-dan-markel

KM may not be stupid enough to deposit $ into anyone's account right away but she was the first person Garcia contacted after the murder. Maybe Garcia was calling to ask "Hey honey, how are the kids?" 😊
Are you on a first name basis with KM because you know more than you're saying?

Also, why are you so sure the witness in Tallehassee is a gang member or a former one? I'm sure Rivera is a macho guy and maybe he was showing off his weapon to impress the unidentified witness.( male or female.)

I am not giving you a hard time but you sound quite knowledgeable about what is happening. I like that and enjoy reading your posts but I'm wondering if you're closer to this case than just a regular.....person.
I'd love to know that too.😊

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Yeah, I wonder if he was going to pick them up again that day later on or if the mother would have taken over custody for the week. If he was charged to pick them up, it is doubly cruel to kill him that day when the kids were expecting to see him in a few hours. The kids were probably the last to see him alive.
This is vexing. As the murder appeared to be scheduled the day before, I wonder how they knew Dan's schedule for 7/17/14.
I understand how they knew it on the day of the murder 7/18/14 as they followed him to the daycare and saw him drop off the kids. I'd really like to know their plans for 7/17/14. And, would it have been planned to avoid the children? How would Garcia and Rivera have known his schedule on that day, unless someone told them?

Because Wendi was picked up at a luncheon by TPD right after the murder and then questioned for 8 hours, who picked up the boys at Day Care and took care of them until she got home? This is what suprised me about her podcast. She seemed a bit put out about being questioned for 8 hours without mentioning her worry for her boys during that time. Or maybe the 8 hour reference was made to show
she was grilled thoroughly and suffered too.??

Phone call records would be very interesting to see for the day the plot did not happen. I'm sure there had to be a flurry of phone calls from and to everyone con-cerned. "Uh sorry, don't look for any news today, we came upon an obstacle no one anticipated.
We'll try again tomorrow."

This is vexing. As the murder appeared to be scheduled the day before, I wonder how they knew Dan's schedule for 7/17/14.
I understand how they knew it on the day of the murder 7/18/14 as they followed him to the daycare and saw him drop off the kids. I'd really like to know their plans for 7/17/14. And, would it have been planned to avoid the children? How would Garcia and Rivera have known his schedule on that day, unless someone told them?

Because Wendi was picked up at a luncheon by TPD right after the murder and then questioned for 8 hours, who picked up the boys at Day Care and took care of them until she got home? This is what suprised me about her podcast. She seemed a bit put out about being questioned for 8 hours without mentioning her worry for her boys during that time. Or maybe the 8 hour reference was made to show
she was grilled thoroughly and suffered too.??

Phone call records would be very interesting to see for the day the plot did not happen. I'm sure there had to be a flurry of phone calls from and to everyone con-cerned. "Uh sorry, don't look for any news today, we came upon an obstacle no one anticipated.
We'll try again tomorrow."

The daycare must have a record of who picked the boys up. That is interesting. Who was taking care of them while WA was questioned.

I don't understand what you are asking. Why did they appeal re the car a year after? They didn't. That wasn't the first picture of the Prius that circulated. The first picture was a parked Prius taken from one of the places Dan had visited. You can see a parking mound next to it -- I would guess this is probably Ashford. If the date is correct, then this picture was available only 1 week after the murder and was widely circulated.

http://gawker.com/who-killed-a-nationally-renowned-blogging-law-professor-1610994860

So they had this Prius in mind all along and canvassed local businesses to get videos. A lot of what detectives do is grunt work. Going over surveillance videos, asking local merchants, collecting eyewitness accounts. In this case, they wanted to get the itinerary of Garcia and Rivera down while they were in Talllahassee. Remember, the PC says they have videos of the Prius traveling in both direction on Thomasville Road from Star Metro. They also have videos from Premier Health & Fitness as well as a bank (probably next to Ashford Fitness), a county government facility and stores. I would think they could figure out the license plate number from at least one of these videos. These are all used to build a circumstantial case against Garcia and Rivera -- to place them near the vicinity of Markel's house. That's because there are no eyewitnesses to the murder. No one witnessed the two coming out of the car. One person saw the Prius leaving the scene of the crime. That's all.

Good morning helmut3585- If TPD knew who the car belonged to soon after the murder, why did they come out with this video and appeal re the car a year later on July 17, 2015? Honestly, this upset me thinking they had wasted valuable time by waiting so long before revealing aspects of the car.

http://news.wfsu.org/post/tpd-releases-new-information-2014-death-fsu-professor-dan-markel

I don't understand what you are asking. Why did they appeal re the car a year after? They didn't. That wasn't the first picture of the Prius that circulated. The first picture was a parked Prius taken from one of the places Dan had visited. You can see a parking mound next to it -- I would guess this is probably Ashford. If the date is correct, then this picture was available only 1 week after the murder and was widely circulated.

The picture is from the Goodwill on Betton. This was reported. http://tinyurl.com/priusTLH

I don't understand what you are asking. Why did they appeal re the car a year after? They didn't. That wasn't the first picture of the Prius that circulated. The first picture was a parked Prius taken from one of the places Dan had visited. You can see a parking mound next to it and the license plate. Whether they could decipher the license plate number is another question. If the date is correct, then this picture was available only 1 week after the murder and was widely circulated.

http://gawker.com/who-killed-a-nationally-renowned-blogging-law-professor-1610994860

So they had this Prius in mind all along and canvassed local businesses to get videos. A lot of what detectives do is grunt work. Going over surveillance videos, asking local merchants, collecting eyewitness accounts. In this case, they wanted to get the itinerary of Garcia and Rivera down while they were in Talllahassee. Remember, the PC says they have videos of the Prius traveling in both direction on Thomasville Road from Star Metro. They also have videos from Premier Health & Fitness as well as a bank (probably next to Ashford Fitness), a county government facility and stores. These are all used to build a circumstantial case against Garcia and Rivera -- to place them near the vicinity of Markel's house. That's because there are no eyewitnesses to the murder. No one witnessed the two coming out of the car. One person saw the Prius leaving the scene of the crime. That's all.
I'm not in Tallehassee but I've followed the case pretty much from the beginning except for a lapse when things got slow. At the beginning, the cops were referring to the Prius as silver but wouldn't verify if the color was silver or white or green. Several months ago, one of the posters on this Web site linked the video from the Tallehassee PD dated 7/17/15 on this site. It was on this video that a plainclothes cop showed a detailed picture of the suspect car and clearly descibed the color of the car, the mismatched side mirror, what appeared to be an ez pass on the front windshield and a hole at the bottom of the car used to tow the vehicle. During that video that was broadcast (in just the Tallahassee area??!) the TPD asked for the public's help in locating it but warned that the car could be stolen, or it could have been borrowed and returned before the owner knew it had been missing.

So, in other words, up until approx 7/17/15 (a year after the murder) the cops had no clue where the car came from, who owned it, or who was driving it which is why they enlisted the public's help. (finally)

You are saying they pretty much knew from the beginning who the suspects were. I'm saying they didn"t because a year later they were asking for the public's help in identifying the car.

So, do you know with certainty that the TPD knew all about the car and the occupants soon after the murder, or are you assuming this because of the videos of the car prior to and a bit after the murder?

Also, do you know with certainty that the unidentified witness is an ex gang member or is it something you've assumed?

And if you know all of the above with certainty, then how do you know that?

Maybe LE did know who used the car but said things in the news to get people calling each other and talking. It has been done before.

Maybe LE did know who used the car but said things in the news to get people calling each other and talking. It has been done before.
Mmmmm...not buying it but I could be wrong.

I usually couch my observations with qualifiers like "probably." Nothing is for certain and I don't have any inside knowledge. They had a grainy picture of the Prius from July 23, 2014, less than a week into the murder.

http://www.wtxl.com/news/tallahasse...cle_58cd5df4-1294-11e4-b0b6-0017a43b2370.html

I don't think they had the license number a week into the investigation. If I suggested that, I was wrong. But they started collecting surveillance videos from the get-go. Where do you think that second picture from your link came from? TPD says it's the actual vehicle. You can partially see through and something white is in the passenger seat. It's probably from the bus, Star Metro. In other words, well before 7-17-2015, when they sent out this picture, they had surveillance videos of buses traveling on Thomasville. But the PC specifically says they couldn't make out the plate number from the bus. But they don't say that about other videos: there are 5 such videos mentioned in the PC, not including the one from goodwill (unless they mean "businesses" by goodwill).

Remember, they had to get a subpoena to get Sunpass toll records. That was 7/16/2015, according to the PC. Right around your article came out. For the subpoena, they had to submit the cell site data of phones used by Garcia and Rivera to the Florida Department of Transportation. How did they get the cell site data without knowing who Garica and Rivera are? I don't see how their identities could not have been known by then. Perhaps they were considered just suspects then and TPD thought other leads (orthodox Jews and unhappy law students) may have been legitimate. We don't know for sure and they may have known just their cell numbers by that time. Remember, they didn't approach the rental company until they got the subpoena, which was after 7/16/2015, after the article came out. Those are inferences from the PC and articles that have come out since. Like I said, I could be wrong if any of the facts are wrong. But I tend to think the reasoning is sound.

You are saying they pretty much knew from the beginning who the suspects were. I'm saying they didn"t because a year later they were asking for the public's help in identifying the car.
So, do you know with certainty that the TPD knew all about the car and the occupants soon after the murder, or are you assuming this because of the videos of the car prior to and a bit after the murder?

I didn't say he's a gang member. I said "[H]e is thought to have possible gang ties." Why? Because he's an associate or acquaintance of King Tato, who is the "First Crown of the North Miami Tribe." What's the chance Rivera would show his revolver to a non-gang member or non-associate? If you're not acquainted with or associated with Rivera, would you let someone with a revolver rent a room in your name? This was in Tallahassee's 2 motel corridors: W Tennessee and N Monroe, where cheapo establishments like Rodeway Inns, Motel 6s, Red Roof Inns and La Quinta predominate. It does not require a leap to connect the dots here. At the last count, the reward for a tip that leads to the capture of Markel's killer had skyrocketed to $125,000, which probably exceeds what the killers made for rubbing out Markel. At that rate, any associate of Rivera or Garcia would be tempted.

Rivera was specifically cited for witness-tampering when he was sentenced in January 2016.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/fl-latin-kings-indictment-20150512-story.html

TPD said revealing the PC may have endangered the safety of someone mentioned in the PC. There are 2 witnesses mentioned in the PC. Another is a resident of Ashford not familiar with Garcia or Rivera. Whose life do you think is in danger but this particular witness who saw Rivera's revolver, which has been tied to the crime? The PC describes the witness as someone "whose identity is known to the law enforcement ... " That usually suggests anonymity is necessary for personal safety. Again, I say probably. I don't know for certain. But you read between the lines and it's pretty telling. But these are inferences, not facts. If you want a sure thing, wait until all the facts come out.

Also, do you know with certainty that the unidentified witness is an ex gang member or is it something you've assumed?
And if you know all of the above with certainty, then how do you know that? Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member