GUILTY FL - Dan Markel, 41, FSU law professor, Tallahassee, 18 July 2014 - #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone has information regarding Florida statute & case law regarding sealed/unsealed affidavits in criminal cases, please feel free to share. I'm curious as to protocol vs freedom of information & the publics right to know.

I keep going back to the "sources" who reportedly told some news outlets that there may be 5 or 6 additional arrests. At the time, I thought that was a lot...

Now we have Garcia and Rivera, who are connected to Markel through a "personal relationship" between Garcia's baby mama and WA's brother, which makes a potential of 4 suspects total....so far. IF WA was involved, that would be 5.

Interesting, at least…jmo

I keep going back to the "sources" who reportedly told some news outlets that there may be 5 or 6 additional arrests. At the time, I thought that was a lot...

Now we have Garcia and Rivera, who are connected to Markel through a "personal relationship" between Garcia's baby mama and WA's brother, which makes a potential of 4 suspects total....so far. IF WA was involved, that would be 5.

Interesting, at least…jmo

And mom could make 6....

(Mod snip) IF this was truly a family affair, or even if only CA was involved, how in the world could they just go on with their lives, knowing that they were responsible for taking someone's life? Just seems crazy to me.

jmo

Wondering if somebody set up G to be the fall guy, and if he was on good terms with his ex?
Any chance it is a case of killing two birds with one stone?
speculation, imo.

http://www.cp24.com/news/police-killing-of-canadian-professor-in-fla-linked-to-divorce-1.2928603
rbbm.
The police say that cellphone information showed the two men were in the Tallahassee area shortly before Markel's death and that there are records linking the two men to a Prius that a neighbour of Markel reported seeing pull out of the driveway right after hearing a gunshot. Investigators also say that an unidentified eyewitness met with Garcia and the other man in Tallahassee a month before the shooting.

Lewis, however, said that none of the information contained in the court documents shows that his client killed Markel.

"What's absent in this case is that there's no physical evidence linking my client to it," Lewis said. "There's no eyewitness. I'm not aware of any video showing them there."

He also scoffed at the idea that Markel's killer drove a Prius.

"I don't know if you put a hit on someone you take a green Prius," said Lewis. "There's a lot of things in this that don't make sense.
"

Okay. I'm done. Just waiting for mom with her latex comment

(Mod snip) IF this was truly a family affair, or even if only CA was involved, how in the world could they just go on with their lives, knowing that they were responsible for taking someone's life? Just seems crazy to me.

jmo

Right. But some people can put an event like this into a little compartment in their minds and never open that compartment again. in this case, I think things will get really ugly. There will be an attempt to trash DM, and make him responsible for his own death. JMO

I'd love to know who this unidentified witness is. Sounds as though they were complicit as well. (But is being referred to as a witness?)
Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

It will be interesting to find out. Thank G*d the witness wasn't named in the affidavit.

It will be interesting to find out. Thank G*d the witness wasn't named in the affidavit.

But unfortunately there is a good chance he IS known now to whomever else was involved in this. Since he is identified as the one booking the suspects' hotel room. He surely is lookng over his shoulder, now.

But unfortunately he IS known now to whomever else was involved in this. Since he is identified as the one booking the suspects' hotel room. He surely is lookng over his shoulder, now.

Hopefully he/she is under some kind of protection. I'm making a wild assumption that this particular person struck an immunity deal to talk. I highly doubt he/she had zero awareness of what was going on even if it was just, "don't ask questions, here's some money, just book the room for us." IMO

Hopefully he/she is under some kind of protection. I'm making a wild assumption that this particular person struck an immunity deal to talk. I highly doubt he/she had zero awareness of what was going on even if it was just, "don't ask questions, here's some money, just book the room for us." IMO

Yes, those were my thoughts as well, TTF14.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper